Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120066 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #390 on: February 07, 2020, 07:40:25 pm »

"Now that we're finally gathered again, when do you plan to venture forth? The situation's worsening by the day, we'd appreciate a timely solution to be found."

Lucy returned to the gathering, thankful that nobody left yet. The petri dish and bucket was placed on the table, for the next topic.
"Is there somekind of a cave or burrow around here?" The Ironclad slayer asked. "God, I'm itching to kill greenskins right now."
"I'm not sure about caves or burrows, but by greenskins you mean goblins? There's always some of those vermin everywhere."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 07, 2020, 07:57:57 pm »

"If we have no other specific direction to go to, let's just take that tower-like structure you mentioned in the northwest."
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 07, 2020, 08:08:43 pm »

"Now that we're finally gathered again, when do you plan to venture forth? The situation's worsening by the day, we'd appreciate a timely solution to be found."

Lucy returned to the gathering, thankful that nobody left yet. The petri dish and bucket was placed on the table, for the next topic.
"Is there somekind of a cave or burrow around here?" The Ironclad slayer asked. "God, I'm itching to kill greenskins right now."
"I'm not sure about caves or burrows, but by greenskins you mean goblins? There's always some of those vermin everywhere."
Goblins? That's a good sign, but not the answer he wants to hear.

The ironclad slayer faced the other adventurers. "Alright, who wants to come with me?" He asked.

"I say we strike where the dire wolves came from, to the northwest!"

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 07, 2020, 08:18:26 pm »

Maslarein had been resting his head, not really paying attention. He didn’t know what people were talking about, and even if he did, he probably wouldn’t care. But then he heard his Armoured Friend/Rival talk, and instantly stood to attention. Finally, something about Fighting!

HaHa! Yes, I agree! To the Northwest we shall go!” He said loudly, trying to act like he knew what they’d been talking about.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 07, 2020, 09:47:40 pm »

'Caves and burrows'... Shit...

His cheeks bloomed into redness again unconsciously. He wondered if they would ever stop.

Maybe I can pass it off as a rash? he thought wryly. 

Mama head-butted the seat of his pants. ....This is getting out of hand.  he figured he had better say something.. Maybe he could keep her distracted for a bit.  He dug around in his rucksack, and removed the large leather pack the elf-girl had given him.  It was just the sort of distraction he needed.

So uh-- Yeah.... he grumbled, trying to keep a level and clear tone, while trying to remember the Elf-Girl's name.  He wasn't much for remembering names-- animals did not have them; they had distinguishing character traits, which is why everyone he met now-days was internally registered with a pet-name.  "Elf-girl", "Sensible girl", "Shiny metal [expletive]", etc.... They have NAMES you [expletive deleted]! You have to use their damn names! he raged at himself internally, to force himself out of the habbit, and into using proper names. He struggled for a moment to remember the elf-girl's name... Linea.. Yeah, that was it.  Linea wanted me an' Mama to help find some missin' persons.  If ye dont got any other ideas cept' pokin round in old tumbled down towars, I could get mama started on tha' one---

He hoped that would work.

Mama butted his butt again.

He really hoped this would work.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 07, 2020, 10:08:59 pm »

"Well then, if there's no objection I'll see you all in about... half an hour, back here. Should be enough for preparations, if you have any left to do. Mister, a moment of your time before we go? Perhaps you have some insight to shed on this before I turn it to Xanios."

The last two sentences was for Doctor Doak. Lucy gestured to the newly acquired samples for observation.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 07, 2020, 10:16:13 pm »

Dixie lay her back at the edge of the wall on the northwest exit, practicing ice-forming with one hand and fine mana tendrils with the other. As far as progress goes, an ice shard the size of a coin could be seen floating, while her tendrils could go a minimum of 25 millimeters in diameter.

Still a lot of work needed on both fronts. Interestingly, she could focus on both equally as if she only did one at a time, maybe due to being ambidextrous? Her eyes are open and pointed forward, although she won't really register anything unless notified by sound.

25 more minutes before exploration... will this be sufficient time to make a new spell out of ice?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:23:15 pm by The Centipede »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 07, 2020, 10:21:02 pm »

A half-hour?  awww.... geeze.

He put the pack back away, and turned around to look at Mama.  She bobbed her head at him, and snuffled, before turning around and indicating in an isolated direction.

His morale quailed.

Why me? he thought, while looking up at the sky.  He took a breath, huffed it out, and looked at Mama.
Allright then- C'mon... he gruffed under his breath, as he tottered off after her.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:37:54 pm by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 07, 2020, 10:33:45 pm »

"Well then, if there's no objection I'll see you all in about... half an hour, back here. Should be enough for preparations, if you have any left to do. Mister, a moment of your time before we go? Perhaps you have some insight to shed on this before I turn it to Xanios."

The last two sentences was for Doctor Doak. Lucy gestured to the newly acquired samples for observation.

Examine the new samples, comparing them to his notes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 07, 2020, 10:36:13 pm »

A half-hour?  awww.... geeze.

He put the pack back away, and turned around to look at Mama.  She bobbed her head at him, and snuffled, before turning around and indicating in an isolated direction.

His morale quailed.

Why me? he thought, while looking up at the sky.  He took a breath, huffed it out, and looked at Mama.
Allright then- C'mon... he gruffed under his breath, as he tottered off after her.
As the old hermit muttered to himself and prepared to depart, Linea quickly seized the opportunity to ask about the tracking progress.
"Any luck with tracking the smell?" she said, crossing her arms across her chest. "I know you don't have any obligation to even help me in the first place but I would like you to continue to cooperate with me during this exploration. If that sounds too troubling for you, then a bit of a clue and general direction would be much appreciated. And also, I would like you to return the bag."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 07, 2020, 10:47:29 pm »

Before he could take more than two steps, the Elf-Girl stopped him.  She was asking about the tracking progress. He facepalmed, but tried to pass it off as simple weariness.

I would like that, but I dunno if these folks wanna go that route. He looked up ahead at Mama, who had stopped, and was looking back at him frustratedly. He started scratching the back of his head.

They said sommat about headin out in a half-hour.... the thought that maybe he could maybe diffuse being the center of attention for a bit crossed his mind. Mama wants to go get some quality nap time in-- he said, as he indicated further up, towards the bear, as she was stopped between them and a thick copse of obscuring bushes between the forest edge and the Inn. If ye can talk some sense into em', I'm game to start right away. Jus.... His cheeks were on fire. He could feel it. Mama wants some quality time after gettin that thing outta her. Pretty insistent. Best not to fight such things.  I'll be back afore ya know it. In th' meantime, see about gettin these kids game on the plan too, 'k girl?

Absently, he dug in his rucksack, and returned the bag.

I'll need that back when we get started, but there ye go.. he wheezed, before wordlessly pointing back toward the bear and then shuffling off.

And with that, the old man tottered away.

---
(a half hour later)
---

The old man tottered back to the wall of the Inn. Half his beard was slicked over to one side, and his clothes looked ruffled. He leaned heavily on his walking stick, while the big brown bear rubbed playfully on his legs. He sighs, then kneels down and tries to rub her on the hump of her back and behind her ears.  She knocks him over, and savagely nips and chews all over him. He reciprocates a bit, then climbs back up, trying his best to continue walking back to the inn.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:54:31 pm by wierd »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 07, 2020, 10:52:13 pm »

Examine the new samples, comparing them to his notes.
While the quantity of the green goo was way higher, its properties remained largely the same- at least, from a cursory glance. The plant, too, was bigger but otherwise seemed to be exactly the same as the previous ones.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 07, 2020, 11:38:42 pm »

Dixie lay her back at the edge of the wall on the northwest exit, practicing ice-forming with one hand and fine mana tendrils with the other. As far as progress goes, an ice shard the size of a coin could be seen floating, while her tendrils could go a minimum of 25 millimeters in diameter.

Still a lot of work needed on both fronts. Interestingly, she could focus on both equally as if she only did one at a time, maybe due to being ambidextrous? Her eyes are open and pointed forward, although she won't really register anything unless notified by sound.

25 more minutes before exploration... will this be sufficient time to make a new spell out of ice?
The ironclad slayer saw acrobat girl creating ice coins, he thought that the young acrobat is probably nervous so the greenskin murdering veteran gave some prep talk, and he isn't exactly good at prep talk.

"Nervous for our first mission out in the woods?" He paused a bit. "Don't worry, as long as you stay back, nothing bad will happen to you." He reassured.

"Unless we are flanked!" He exclaimed. "Those dirty disguusting greenskins will do everything to attack the backlines kidnap women, so if that happens, I can only advise you of commiting suicide."

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 07, 2020, 11:49:29 pm »

Dixie gestured her frosted hand forward, sending an ice shard the size of a coin to the Greenskins' Holocaust's chest! Unfortunately, it hardly had any impact and quickly burst into cold smoke.

"I'm trying to concentrate. I think I might be able to clip into a second branch of elemental magic here."

She focused her hand into trying to conjure an ice shard again. "Plus, I think you're confusing orcs with goblins."

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 08, 2020, 12:05:03 am »

Laemmle was supposedly go first on the gathering area next to the exit but she instead did a preparation.

Arriving with fully equip and freshly bath, making clear of her milky tone skin feature and has good smell from her golden hair.

She then waving to Dexie and Ironclad as she coming near to them.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 142