Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119793 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2020, 07:06:50 am »

Dixie sighed. The armoured idiot's yelling was getting on her nerves. "I'm not enough of a morning person for this..."

She stares at Aven. "What if it's you? There'll be no way for us to know."

Adjusting the sleeves of her black sweater, and any creases on her leggings, then adjusting the leather armor above those to make tighter. Several small jumps and arm movement to see if the armor's hindering her. "It's not like I'm not used to betrayal, anyway." She smiles, particularly at herself. She tilts her head a bit. "It does feel awkward every time, though."

She tilts her head back up as the old man yelled. "Shit, already?" Grabbing the air, a throwing knife suddenly appears in her hand, spinning it on her palm. She looks at Aven. "Any advice?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:19:12 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2020, 07:27:07 am »

He clenched his teeth, and began murmuring profanity like he had intent to violate language itself.  It WAS TOO EARLY FOR THIS @#$#.

Clutching his bow off his back, and stowing the "starter kit" in his rucksack, he hobble-clopped with his walking stick after the hotheads, who were quickly getting away from him.

(the following exchange sanitized for viewing by all audiences. The original exchange is too filthy for human eyes)
LISTEN YOU FOOLS! he barked-- Nasty @#$@'s commin! THAT WAY! F@$% ANGRY as F@#$%! -- GAWD DAMMIT--

The hotheads were outpacing him effortlessly, AND ignoring him.  Damn it all.
"Too soon" the ironclad slayer thought. He knew greenskins were nearby but it might be too late already, he was hoping the townsfolk could erect a 24ft wall before this happened but I guess that is just wishful thinking.

The ironclad slayer let go of  pancake maiden and slipped right through the grasp of spiderdude. He immediately ran towards the direction the old hobo is pointing and prepared his shield and sword for melee combat.

"Lionboy! You wont take away the first blood from meee!" 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:28:22 am by invul_nerable »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2020, 07:30:56 am »

(the following exchange has been sanitized for your viewing pleasure. It exceeded the thresholds set by the game's creator by at least 10 fold. We apologize for the brevity-- but we found it best to just summarize, rather than censor in this case. All of the spoken dialog that we have redacted consisted of naughty words you should never speak, ever, and if you do, your mommy will wash your mouth out with soap.)

{Old man makes angry face}
{Throws hat on ground}
{Jumps on it.}
{picks it back up, then resumes running}

----

One eye shudders, with another wave of awareness.  One group broke away, and was entering through the north-east forest, when the one he had been tracking continued through the north-west.  Each group had at least one very angry bear, and a difficult to determine number of other, equally angry animals.

Bears are solitary hunters! he raged to himself internally, before his thoughts were once again overtaken by little but alarm, confusion, and a stream-of-consciousness flow of pure vulgar epithets.

He turned around and shouted back at the village: "F*^% EAST SIDE TOO A@#H0@#les! GAWD DAMNIT! F#%@!"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:44:34 am by wierd »

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2020, 07:41:45 am »

"Lionboy! You wont take away the first blood from meee!"
Maslarein grinned as he heard the voice of Greenskin Slayer from behind him. Good, he was starting to think no one else had come with! “HaHa! Alright then, first blood it is! Nothing like Competition to get the blood boiling!

Maslarein slows down a slight bit, just enough to keep pace with his armoured ally. He wouldn’t want to have an unfair advantage, after all!

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:00 am »

Instead she got trip from the rock and faceplant the ground along with both arms which like rise up when standing that were landed flat, flew open her dress skirt revealing the trouser and then slowly falling down to got cover it back.

Another cute face with a perfect circle eye with tears, silently cry off from the pain.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:28:28 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2020, 08:35:20 am »

She stood of her own tapping her skirt off the dust. Pull out her sword and weild up her shield. Following the two fighters to fight.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:40:50 am by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2020, 08:51:37 am »

"I'll take one of the skull emblem things, then I'd better see what everyone's yelling about."
After finishing the transaction Burt hurried to where everyone was yelling about green skins or some crap.

When he got to the source of the yelling he saw several people running off into the wood, and he decided he'd better join them so he could get payed.
"Does anyone even know what is happening or are we all just running blindly into the woods, and why the hell have I decide to follow them?"

Buy one of the skull emblems for 1GP, then get my rifle ready and follow everyone else into the woods.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whidiee

• Bay Watcher
  • Rolling around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2020, 09:32:25 am »

"Sooo... It's not kind of Mad Enhancement?"

"I can't be sure. Can't catch any of similar thread magic for that matter."

Can't they have a good morning time? She just cracks an unhealthy amount of smile to the old man with his profanities - sure enough that ought to make a few of the greenie piss in their armour - but, oh well. She can hear more of that at the outside and... that's surely a different tone he used.

Shania pull a card before following them and something gleefully grinned back at her.

"...Great. Reversed Sword. Lack of communication. Yep. No need to possess high INT divinity to understand that but what? REVERSED CARDS IN THE FIRST MORNING OF EARLY BATTLE?! YA-!"

...How can I let Mistress gone to this place with such luck? Damn me.

Cue Kinnara does not share everyone's amused expression.

"Harsh manner of communication and rebelliousness is the keyword of Page Sword, Shania. Page is young energy, thus they're childlike and immature at best."

"Save your lecture for another day." Shania groaned.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:02:07 pm by Whidiee »
"Courage isn't lack of fear; it's being afraid yet keep doing something anyway." - Six of Wands

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2020, 01:22:28 pm »

before Dularach went to get his pancakes he bought a Skull emblem from a creepy merchant for one gp

[Dularach -1 GP]
[Dularach obtains Skull Emblem]

She tilts her head back up as the old man yelled. "Shit, already?" Grabbing the air, a throwing knife suddenly appears in her hand, spinning it on her palm. She looks at Aven. "Any advice?"

Aven looks around, alarmed by the sudden rallying to battle. "Err, just be careful. Don't underestimate the ferocity of these creatures." He pulls out his own short sword, readying himself for battle as well.

Rapping a fist on the door, before barging in on a bewildered apothecary, he wasted no time.

Need a potion kit, need it now. he gruffed.

"IF you mean the apothecary starter kit, that will be two gold pieces.." the apothecary whimpered.

SOLD. barked the old hermit, and tossed the two coins on the counter.

[One Eye'd Jack -2 GP]
[One Eye'd Jack obtains Alchemy Starter Kit]

Buy one of the skull emblems for 1GP, then get my rifle ready and follow everyone else into the woods.

[Burt -1 GP]
[Burt obtains Skull Emblem]

Afterwards, bum around town looking for bits and pieces to construct a crossbow and fashion some bolts.

[Doctor Doak finishes crafting Wooden Crossbow (scrappy)]
[Doctor Doak finishes crafting 10 Wooden Bolts (scrappy)]

As the adventurers head towards the north-west exit, they are met with a pack of ferocious beasts, snarling with animalistic rage as they approach the village. There appears to be about a dozen wolves, along with a bear. A similar group of beasts appears near the north-east exit.

Spoiler: Combat Map (click to show/hide)

As the beasts approach, the adventurers are able to get the first move on the creatures.

Combat has begun!

Game Mechanics Info

Character General Info

Character Stats Info

(Sheets may not yet be entirely up to date, but should be soon!)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:42:18 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2020, 01:31:44 pm »

"There goes my peaceful morning." Linea sighed, but for what it seemed like utter chaos, she seemed calm and collected. Just another day as a CSA operative.

She reached her bow. It was a light, recurved bow that designed to be shorter than average but also dealing damage higher than average. There was no arrow attached yet, as she was still taking her time to asses the situation. Some adventurers had already left this place, probably to find their own battle.

Closest to her was another female adventurer. Young, jet black hair with pale gold eyes. Another person with more aptitude for magic. She knew she didn't have that much luxury on choosing allies but somehow she knew they could work this out together.

"I don't think we have met yet," said Linea, eyes still darting toward the oncoming horde of wolves.

"The name is Linea Starboard," she said, finally glancing at the young woman. "So much for teamwork, but come on, let's see how long we can pull that off."

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:46:15 pm by Slyph »

Whidiee

• Bay Watcher
  • Rolling around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2020, 01:53:35 pm »

"I don't think we have met yet," said Linea, eyes still darting toward the oncoming horde of wolves.

"The name is Linea Starboard," she said, finally glancing at the young woman. "So much for teamwork, but come on, let's see how long we can pull that off."

"Mine's Shania." She nods curtly, eagerly embraced any distraction to divert her attention from the embodiment of bad luck on her hand. "Have anything in mind?"
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 01:59:08 pm by Whidiee »
"Courage isn't lack of fear; it's being afraid yet keep doing something anyway." - Six of Wands

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2020, 02:23:11 pm »

Doctor Doak completes his crossbow and bolts, a little unhappy at the quality and begins working on improvements as he notices the people milling around more anxiously nearby, and the reason why.

He sighs, gathering his things and muttering under his breath.

A little early for field tests, but I needs must, I suppose...

Move to cell I13 or K13 beside the shrine in order to have some cover to fire from.

Use “I deduce...” to see if there’s anything about the environment or beasties to learn that might be useful.

Shoot at the group of beasties coming from the Northeast, assuming I have enough AP.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:13:59 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2020, 02:45:39 pm »

"Mine's Shania." She nods curtly, eagerly embraced any distraction to divert her attention from the embodiment of bad luck on her hand. "Have anything in mind?"

"Yes, stick together."

Linea shouted at another adventurer. This time, a very young girl whose appearance reminded Linea of her days during her slavery. So tired, so sleepy as if she could collapse anytime on spot. But now was not the time for that.

The girl, unfortunately, didn't respond to her calling. She turned her attention to a man that seemed to be the closest local authority she could find.

"I don't think we have time for pleasantries, "she said bluntly. "Where are your friends? We need to repel the attack on the northeast.  Order your men to assemble. We will do our best to assist you."

Next to Aven, was another female. A magic-user, and she too had a pair of gold eyes. Too many coincidences that made Linea almost felt like she was partly in a quest to start a club for peculiar oddities. However, she approached the woman, and talked to her in the most polite manner she could quickly muster. "We could use some more help in this side."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 09:09:08 pm by Slyph »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2020, 06:34:41 pm »

Multiple enemies in bound, dire wolves, classic greenskin pets.Right behind the pack is an even more humongous wolf. Or is it? The odd thing though is that the slayer didn't see any goblin riders mounted on its back. Eitherway, there no time to think idly, greenskin pets are greenskin pets with or without their owners, what he should do was he usually does in taking care of greenskins. Take a chokepoint and begin the carnage.

The Greenskin Holocaust took position at N6 and used Defend

"I take care of the left you take care of the right!" The ironclad slayer ordered. "The best way to fight zerging greenskin hordes is to take a chokepoint and start slaughtering!"

*Passive triggered, Queue deathmetal music*

"Come on you greenskin pets! Dont disaappoint your daddy!" He cried.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:08:19 am by invul_nerable »

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2020, 07:08:22 pm »

Maslarein was about to rush in, before he heard his Armoured Ally’s words. “I don’t think these are Greenskins, but you seem confident, so I’ll roll with it! HaHa!

Maslarein plants his feet, and holds his shield in front of him. “Come at me, Dogs! You’ll have to get past me to hurt anyone! So You May As Well Turn Back Now! HAHA!

Maslarein Moves to L6 and uses the Defend action.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:36:18 pm by LovecraftianFairyTale »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 142