Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119600 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2020, 10:43:38 am »

One-Eye will spend the rest of the evening making nasty impaling spike traps.

Each trap requires a flexible sapling about an inch in diameter, about 2 yards of string, a sharp object of some kind, and misc bits of stick.

With the string he has (20ft), that's about 3 traps.

Tomorrow he will be making string, if not snookered into some other project.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2020, 10:58:42 am »

Raine Briardance descends back to the village. Not inclined to go into this particular forest alone, she goes to check out some of the other adventurers to see if she can find someone who looks tough enough to take on a monster head on.

Edit: Disregard the above action
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:06:01 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 11:11:07 am »

"Nope, not messing with that guy."
Burt would keep a hand on his revolver as he backed away from the creepy guy, then once far away from the guy he'd try to find one of the other adventures.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 11:49:19 am »

Maslarein begins to wander around the village, talking to random people and helping anyone he sees with whatever they’re doing, be it carrying food or building a wall. If he sees anyone looking exhausted or injured, he’ll try to make them feel better with Lay on Hands. As soon as Maslarein can’t find anyone new to help, he’ll go to the boarding house.

Attracted by the distress of a couple, Maslarein finds himself at the Oltwell residence. Mr and Mrs Oltwell are sitting on the porch outside their home. Mr Oltwell is a well dressed and somewhat portly individual, and is trying to console Mrs Oltwell who has her head buried in her hands. Only sounds of her sobbing can be made out. Their son Joco Oltwell, a hyperactive pre-teen, is indifferent to their plight and running around the front garden kicking a ball. Mr Oltwell notices Maslarein and informs him that they have been in a panic because their elder son, Torren Oltwell, went missing a few days ago. A cautious search attempt by some of the villagers failed to find any traces of him. Despite the disturbances with the enraged forest animals they don't think he was attacked, at least without leaving some sort of trace.

After learning about their plight Maslarein proceeds to the Apothecary where the injured man is currently being treated. He eases the man's pain and the apothecarist gives him 1 gold for his trouble.

Obadiah Turn 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obadiah proceeds in a direction opposite of everyone else and starts cutting down trees at the edge of the village. Maslarein, having visited the Oltwells and the Apothecary, helps Obadiah put up some of the walls. They erect a fence around part of the village, but encircling the entire settlement would take several more days. They both head towards the boarding house as the late afternoon sun slowly gives way to a dismal dusk.

((If either person wants to head elsewhere or do something else before retiring for the day, they may still do that))
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 11:58:16 am »

Doctor Doak takes a breath to tell the apothecary he has no money, but would offer his aid with the patient as Maslarein wanders in, touches the patient, and wanders out. His mouth agape, he blinks a few times to recover his senses.

I’m short on cash at the moment, do you offer credit, or is there anything I can do for you in return for the alchemists’ kit? I humbly submit that I have something of a scientific mind, I could be quite useful to you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 12:55:39 pm »

((This is a placeholder GM banner, GM posts will include a banner like this from now on for convenience))

Doctor Doak takes a breath to tell the apothecary he has no money, but would offer his aid with the patient as Maslarein wanders in, touches the patient, and wanders out. His mouth agape, he blinks a few times to recover his senses.

I’m short on cash at the moment, do you offer credit, or is there anything I can do for you in return for the alchemists’ kit? I humbly submit that I have something of a scientific mind, I could be quite useful to you.

The apothecarist ponders for a moment.

"Have you met with Aven? I'm sure he was supposed to provide for the adventurers. Talk to him first, he should be able to help you out."
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 02:15:58 pm »

Oh. That man.” he ponders for a moment “of course. I’ll be back presently.

Doctor Doak will find Aven and shake him down for all his money ask him for some supplies, then come back and buy that sweet alchemist kit.

Then return to Aven and ask if there are any remains from the evil beasties he can examine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 03:05:12 pm »

Dularach is at the tavern drinking, he is just listening to the crowd for anything interesting, he is also smoking his pipe
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 03:32:17 pm »

Place me with Laemmle. What do I see or sense?

You see a sleeping girl, holding a kobold who seems rather confused as to what is happening.

The air surrounding Laemmle feels optimistic, friendly, passionate.
Mixed with a sense of duty, and righteousness.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 06:56:50 pm »

One-Eye will spend the rest of the evening making nasty impaling spike traps.

Each trap requires a flexible sapling about an inch in diameter, about 2 yards of string, a sharp object of some kind, and misc bits of stick.

With the string he has (20ft), that's about 3 traps.

Tomorrow he will be making string, if not snookered into some other project.
"I wont step on there if I were you" the ironclad slayer warned. It seems like the one eyed hobo has stumbled upon the area where the ironclad slayer himself had set some traps.  Apparently, the ironclad slayer has been waiting outside the "invisible walls" for hours now.

The place where he is sitting is well lit too, so any creature who stumbles upon the area will notice him if they weren't busy. A lamp can be found right beside him and two more torches can be found in front of him as if he is taunting any random night dwellers to attack him. You can clearly see that his armor full of dirt, all the while holding a shovel upright to the ground. It is clear that he has been digging for hours now, and most probably the traps he had set random pitfalls.

"Say. Your not an greenskin aren't you?" The slayer asked.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 07:20:02 pm by invul_nerable »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 08:09:38 pm »

Seeing that the summoned adventurer's were lacking in co-ordination, Raine Briardance decided to take measures into her own hands. Using her wind magic, she shifts the wind to produce a loud whistling sound. She then announces that she is looking for members for an expedition beyond the outskirts of the village.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2020, 08:35:23 pm »

Obadiah wanders up to the yelling person and just sort of stands in the vicinity if help is needed Obadiah will help

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2020, 08:36:04 pm »

Seeing that the summoned adventurer's were lacking in co-ordination, Raine Briardance decided to take measures into her own hands. Using her wind magic, she shifts the wind to produce a loud whistling sound. She then announces that she is looking for members for an expedition beyond the outskirts of the village.
The hobo seems to be stunned for a moment. The slayer was about to ask again but booming voice of a female calling everyone interrupted him.

"A loud voice in the middle of the silent night. Great just great! These amateurs!"

The ironclad slayer climbed over the wall behind him, but before leaving he warned one-eyed jack not to take his spot. "Hey, don't dare take my spot. This spot is mine and mine alone! I am here first so find your own spot!" He cried.

"If you are a greenskin, then go scram and tell your warboss, ill be waiting here. This spot. One man vs horde." Then he left.

He then proceed to where the voice is seemingly located and found a nothing but a flying bug. "What the hell is happening here? Who is doing that sound, you better shut up before you startle all the greenskins!" He cried.
Obadiah wanders up to the yelling person and just sort of stands in the vicinity if help is needed Obadiah will help

Then he saw a very large dude walked right into the area.
"Hey! Are you a greenskin?" He asked.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:46:30 pm by invul_nerable »

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2020, 08:44:18 pm »

Obadiah somewhat startled that anyone noticed him and dreading conversation with strangers briefly shakes his head left to right before falling quiet still again

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2020, 08:58:12 pm »

Obadiah somewhat startled that anyone noticed him and dreading conversation with strangers briefly shakes his head left to right before falling quiet still again
The big dude is startled, it probably didn't expect someone to question his identity. He doesn't seem to be a greenskin for his skin is not green, but based on experience, the orc slayer had already fought this type of greenskin once. One time where an orange skinned creature more taller than this one was fighting alongside greenskins. He never knew greenskins would have used magic just to pretend not to be a greenskin. They said it was an ogre. But the slayer is sure it was a greenskin. So he slayed it.

The slayer pulls out his short sword and shield. "Last chance. Are you a greenskin or not. Answer me!"
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:04:10 pm by invul_nerable »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 142