Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120059 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2020, 05:11:32 am »

Dula will spawn next to whatever tile Lae is next to preferable in the front of the party
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 08, 2020, 07:36:27 am »

spawn behind someone else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Whidiee

• Bay Watcher
  • Rolling around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 08, 2020, 08:00:42 am »

(Sorry for lack of activity)

[Shania starts at X10]

The last group lost half of their number trying to get closer to that statue and the mention of goblins...
For a place with such commotion, this is too quiet and giving her eerily vibe.

Goblin? I hope this goblin isn't scouts that can disengage quickly and warn Hobgoblins or scarier creatures.

Shania stared at the lion-head man and his buddy (?) with envy — they strolled closer without care for the world. Usually, such confidence also well-matched with their strength.

Shania inhaled. Shakily, she noted weakly. The whole fiasco morning greeting they experienced still left her with the tense shoulder. Aaand we're sent straight to the place of carnage. Yay.

Another thing she admired for these foreign people, accompanied by a question of why she finally decided to tags along. She meant to avoid danger, not throwing herself straight into it.

"Don't spacing out." Wein chided her. He's appeared on his will alone, eyeing around with almost nonchalant expression.

...Uh, not for Shania, anyway. Somehow his stance screaming 'we're surrounded' vibe. Or it's all in her head. She hope for the latter. Hiiiighly hope for the latter.

[Parallel Surface activated. Put 5 STR and 5 VIT]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:52:43 am by Whidiee »
"Courage isn't lack of fear; it's being afraid yet keep doing something anyway." - Six of Wands

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2020, 09:09:35 am »

"Whats everyone getting all bent out of shape for its just some old wooden piece of crap rotting out in a field."
As he says this he uses his rifle to point at it.

Brut starts at W11.
"If you don't mind Mister, I will be your shield and focus on defense, so that you can safely do the offensive." She politely said to Burt and smile.

Auto Combat Mode. Restricting Justice Crash, Whirlwind and Valkyrie to be used. Auto Holy Light when she is on 60% max hp below.

Laemmle start along with Burt's tile. Defensive play.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:48:52 pm by Remuri »
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 08, 2020, 11:16:41 am »

A seemingly peaceful forest that didn't feel like home at all.

Linea tried to remain focused. It was a good thing everyone was still sticking together so far, but she didn't think it was a smart choice to leave your group to approach a suspicious-looking statue in the middle of the forest where people were frequently gone missing. She readied her bow and nocked an arrow on it, rather than a statue, she worried about the bushes around them, and if this forest was as treacherous as described, there might be unfriendly eyes lurking on top of the trees.

Linea started at W9 and used Agile

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 08, 2020, 09:02:00 pm »

Spoiler: "Map" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Player's Log" (click to show/hide)

The "statue" twitched. Once. Twice. It was not a statue. The mandibles clacked against each other as it seemed to scrutinize the newcomers in front of it.
Then it let out a shrill, hateful screech.

The impact was strong to Jack in particular, slammed by an unfiltered deluge of hostility interpreted by the mama bear next to him. The bear immediately felt like bolting away, pawing at him to do so even as all the critters vacated the area at top speed. Meanwhile, the thing coated in wood half-crouched before leaping forward with massive force. It crashed into the GSH with the force of a cannonball, forcing him to skid backward but somehow held strong. The following flurry of blows slammed with strengh and mass betraying its humanlike frame, though considering the wood it had for flesh it should be expected.

Not done with only that, two more of the creature leapt off nearby trees hard enough to snap the branches holding them. Maslarein and GSH failed to react, their attention occupied with the first creature. Both creatures crashed and tangled with them, doing their best to rip and tear them to pieces.

Spoiler: "Enemies' Log" (click to show/hide)

Wood chips burst from the shattered frame of the creature's abdomen under repeated fire, yet past the point where something of flesh and blood would've fell it remained as ferocious as before.

Unknown 1 is heavily damaged.

Spoiler: "End of Turn Log" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 11:51:29 pm by A5G_Reaper »

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2020, 09:14:13 pm »

Dixie let out a frustrated sigh.

"Aaagh, we shouldn't have approached it at all... we could've walked around this clearing and away from it, but nope! Darn hotheads!"

Dixie held her hands up above her head, preparing an absolute deluge of small, rapidly spinning fire orbs.

Consume EVERY 1 AP to Dual-Wield Searing Shot ×2 (higher-damage no-AOE Fireball) to Unknown1/2/3 proceeding in that order if dead
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 11:40:53 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2020, 11:35:03 pm »

Spoiler: Updated Map (click to show/hide)
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2020, 12:10:53 am »

Dularach would use two move action to go to 12L then use a multi-attack to hit enemy 2 till it dies, if any attacks left over move it over to enemy 3
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2020, 12:53:36 am »

Jack doubled over as the impression slammed through him. His senses recoiled, and his gripping his stick was the only thing keeping him off the ground.  Mama's eyes were showing lots of whites, which was a rare occurrence for a bear. She backed up, and shivered.

He tried to calm her.

Through the connection, he felt a wild dancing whirl of pure terror, concern, the desire to grab him and run whipping around him from her. He did his best to calm it, adding his own fears and doubts, tempered with more-human reasons to resist them.

She felt that you could not win a fight against a storm, or a fire. Forces of nature cannot be killed, you can only run if you want to survive.

He shared with her how the first creature was nearly destroyed. He was worried, but concerned in many complex ways. His biggest concern of all, was for her.  Her safety, her life after, even after she one day leaves (as he knows she must, but loves her anyway). It felt like it took an eternity, even though these exchanges happened nearly instantly to outside observers, but he carefully laid out a series of impressions--

Nature exists as a balance. A sudden change, or an invading form of life trying to live where it does not belong, can cause great harm, even death, to nature. It can, in fact, die. -- He is a human; See the village, how their homes mean the death of the trees, and with it, loss of the homes for squirrels and birds. The humans do not mean to harm these, it simply happens, by them living the way they do. As they are, they are harmful to a forest. They can even kill nature, just by indifference. -- He sees this, and by choice, lives differently.  Opposes his true nature, and lives as something else. Something that can live with her, without hurting her, or the forest she lives in. He measures every action, against what that outcomes it will cause. Strives to heal damaged balances where he finds them, and preserve them where they exist. -- He expresses compassion, knows this is hard for her to understand. But that he loves her, and so, must face this thing.  For her. For her future.

His thoughts shift.  He wants to know what will happen if these creatures perish-- How will the forest handle their loss.

Mama tells him that she does not know. They are a new thing; they appeared about the time the pain started.

Jack wraps her frightened mind in duty, honor, purpose, and self-sacrifice tempered with pure love.  He intended it to mean that if these things did not protect this place like they should, and refused to see how their actions were harmful, he would remove them like he would an invasive weed, before it could destroy the entire way of life for every creature in a forest. They surely had their place, but if they sought to control and dominate, rather than integrate and sustain (as he did), then they were no better than the ignorant villagers, destroying through ignorance, and that they needed to be stopped. 

There was a pause, then he changed his feelings slightly-- If it was a mistake, and they really were needed, he would do their work for them instead. No beast should ever truly fear him, like she feared these things now. If he replaced them, he promised this would be so.

Mama was bewildered.  It as too much, too complicated, too fast.  His reasons were like watching the sky explode. She was fearful how something could have a mind that worked like his. She just wanted him to be safe, Away from here. She liked the 'simple-him' he always showed her.  The one that just wanted to be near, with no other wants.

He responded more simply-- For there to BE a place that was safe, away from here, that the two of them could be in-- He had no choice but to fight. Because he wanted that, more than anything else, He could not run.

There was a sense of conflicting feelings from Mama.  She understood that-- barely.  She licked his hand, and the connection ended.

Jack looked up the field at the approaching creatures, filled with purpose.
The crowded knot of people he was trapped behind prevented him from closing.  Instead, he aimed higher than normal, and tried a long shot.

---

OEJ uses Animal Empathy 1x with Mama
OEJ fires on the creature pinning GSH with deadly force, accepting long-range penalty.

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2020, 01:58:14 am »

The wood-looking mandible-headed humanoid pounced the ironclad slayer. The ironclad slayer was prepared for such attack but he didn't expected for something this skinny looking to be this strong. The creature overpowered the slayer and pinned him to the ground. The slayer used his shield to protect himself but the creature was unexpectedly fast as well, its claws managed to hit vital spots despite the his best efforts to defend. He used his sword to counter-attack but the mandibeast is relentless.

Aside from the one attacking him right now, another two mandible-heads popped out of nowhere and attacked his Lion-headed ally who was trying to help him, while the other one attacked the slayer as well.

"Aahhh... This feeling again, being ganged up, pinned down and stripped. I thought I am strong enough for this thing not to repeat but apparently..." The slayer momentarily lost his will to fight right until he right until he remembered something.

Is this it? Is this the best you got? I thought you want to rid the greenskins of this world.

"Yes I will" he thought.

Then why do I see weakness, you realize that greenskins are of millions right? If you laze off, you will never ever rid the greenskins of this world in your lifetime. Is that what you want?

"No."

Then get up there and fight, show me everything I have thought you

"I will!"

Fire and explosions rained down to his direction, some of the creatures were distraced and burned, the slayer took this opportunity to grab a health potion and smashed it in his visor. As long as its contents can get inside the helmet, the slayer can drink its contents.

"You will not be the death of me you greenskin!" The slayer strikes his gladius in between the mandibles of the mandible-headed beast. The slayer then kicked the mandibeast to dislodge the creature.

"Shoot it now!" The slayer cried to his ranger allies.
GSH used HP potion(1AP), attacks it in attempt to dislodge (1AP).

If succesfully dislodged, use defend.
If not attack again to attempt dislodge the creatuee (1AP)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:10:19 am by invul_nerable »

Whidiee

• Bay Watcher
  • Rolling around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2020, 02:20:39 am »

"Yikes!" Because... Yikes!

As Shania quickly draw her card and convince it to give GSH healing... she stopped rummage her pocket and turned to Lucy. "Sir, you said you're our healer, right?! Best to use anything you have in your arsenal now!"

Because if he refuse, she should move in the range to really use her spell and stopped Wein who tried to detect another... lifeform of this beast and forced to guard her.

(If Lucy decided to heal them, use all Shania AP to custom action, track nearby creature aside from the three by its Aura. Wein also help her determine its number while using Defend. Else, proceed with the action below.)

[Shania moves to T10 and uses Card Healing]
[Wein moves to T10 and uses Defend]
"Courage isn't lack of fear; it's being afraid yet keep doing something anyway." - Six of Wands

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2020, 02:29:10 am »

"Yikes!" Because... Yikes!

As Shania quickly draw her card and convince it to give GSH healing... she stopped rummage her pocket and turned to Lucy. "Sir, you said you're our healer, right?! Best to use anything you have in your arsenal now!"

Because if he refuse, she should move in the range to really use her spell and stopped Wein who tried to detect another... lifeform of this beast and forced to guard her.

(If Lucy decided to heal them, use all Shania AP to custom action, track nearby creature aside from the three by its Aura. Wein also help her determine its number while using Defend. Else, proceed with the action below.)

[Shania moves to T10 and uses Card Healing]
[Wein moves to T10 and uses Defend]
"I can heal them back as long as they're still alive, and sometimes when the death is very recent. But I do require them to stay perfectly still during, which is a bit difficult with those monstrosity mauling them. Dislodge those first, if you will."

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2020, 02:49:29 am »

As the statue twitched and leapt at his Armoured Friend, Maslarein immediately took out his sword. As he was about to swing at it, he felt another of the Statues(?) claw at his back, and pin him to the ground.

AH-! Damnable Fiends! How Dare You!

Maslarein swiped at the Statue(?) with his sword, trying to either dislodge it or destroy it.

I Mean, Really?! What Kind of Cowardly, Dishonourable Devil uses an Ambush!?

Maslarein Attacks Unknown 3 Twice.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 03:19:02 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2020, 05:44:17 am »

"How the hell did you people know this thing was alive before it started moving, and here did the other ones come from?"
Brut continues to shoot creature 1 until its dead.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:58:04 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 142