Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119563 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #2100 on: July 11, 2021, 09:05:15 am »

Dixie stands up, bag in hand and bone dagger phasing in and out of reality in her hand.

Ugh, she already smells like bear and blood. She reaches in his beauty bag and pulls out some kind of colourless pearl, and slams it on her armor, making a fine odorless mist that also turned everything else around Dixie odorless.

It's a weird feeling, smelling nothing while in the bog and near natives, a bear, and a hobo.
I have a YouTube channel.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 11, 2021, 11:49:13 am »

Posting on Slyph's behalf due to "reasons"

The instruction felt like it was muffled, and instead resonates inside her mind like damned bell ringing except it was her own voice. Despite the arrangement, it seemed their business with these natives was not quite concluded.

Linea warned against wandering any further around the boggling's encampment to avoid misunderstanding and had informed Jack to keep his pet bear on a short leash. The chief, although demanding, was reasonable and she respected that.

"Here is the planned route, did you see any good spot for resting?" she asked Dixie, not explaining how did she knew that the girl was flying last night, nor sparing a moment to criticize her decision to disappear at the most critical moment. Linea shut down all unnecessary process to focus on one thing at the moment; getting a safe distance from their newfound ally (?) and find a good place to regather her thoughts.

"And spare one of those trinkets if you don't mind."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 12, 2021, 02:37:14 am »

Jack grumbled at the "Take Charge" edict, but had already decided that wandering in the village was a bad idea, and so attempted to pay it no mind, as he sought to find a stopping point in his task of examining, cleaning, and straightening potential arrow shafts. If they were going to start walking again, he would need to put his gear away.

Speaking of gear, he was intent to get his stuff back, and so had resolved to stick around until the runner returns with their equipment. That was, of course, until Dixie pulled another surprise out of that bag of hers.  Whatever that thing was she just slapped on her chest, made every scent in the area simply vanish.  While it was a neat trick, it caught him off guard.

Not just him either.  Mama's world was almost exclusively scents and smells, and the sudden "nose blindness" was alarming for her. The two exchanged a wordless discussion about the unpredictability of their companions, which was kept discretely private. The only outward indicators were the two making eye contact, followed by Jack making a shrugging gesture.

The notion of traveling companions brought something else to mind for the old hobo though.

"Hey-- Wheres Lil' Plune an' da big guy at?" he asked suddenly, to the group in general. "We ain't gon' leave em is we?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 12, 2021, 06:10:43 am »

"Hm..." Dixie wasn't paying much attention to the horizon during her flight, she pretty much just tunnel-visioned towards this village near the lake shore and even this wasn't so visible amidst the trees.

"Mm? Oh, sure." She grabs in her bag, pulling out another of those small transparent orbs and handing them towards Linea. "Lacrima mist bombs. Odor-eaters. Oh, whoops," nearly slipping off her hand, "fragile things. They're harmless, although you won't be able to smell anything for hours."

She turns to Jack. "Hm, now that you point it out..." She chuckles. "How did we just lose someone as big as Dularach? Did they not tie him up well? Makes sense, given the size..."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:26:43 am by The Centipede »

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 13, 2021, 09:26:25 am »

It was a wonder how the giant spider were seemingly under Linea's radar for so long, even now when someone else mentioned it, Linea addressed the subject as if it was a variable to rule out. Make no mistake though, after what happened yesterday, she was not about to overlook any details, especially if they were wildcards that could pose danger to her. It was just at this moment, she decide to not think much about it; she simply put it at the back of her mind, secured and saved later to be processed out.

"We rarely discus him nor involve him in our plan and yet he always catch up. Leave him be. As for the Little Fairy, wasn't it with you, Mr. Jack?"

Linea was wondering if she still needed the fairy or was it worth it to trade if with one of her men. Now she thought about it, would that be more beneficial to have one extra hand in form of good ol' CSA agent instead of hazy and now overlapping information? Even if Barnes managed to find something, it was likely to be nothing more than intel about Little Sally's heinous operation. They are not here to crack down illegal trafficking.

"Well? What about it?" Linea turned again to Dixie, with a map, waited for the answer about the terrain. Because, simply a simple "hm..." won't do. 'God these people will erode my sanity faster than I imagined.'

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 13, 2021, 09:30:13 am »

((Do I make any progress in finding what the mayor told us to find? Those frog things at the lake?))

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 13, 2021, 09:55:34 am »

I asked RNGsus to give me a success on a D6 roll. You get a 5.

Rita should catch up with the party after we leave the bogling village, close to where we will make camp.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 13, 2021, 10:24:51 am »

((Ok. Will you provide a description, or will I just have to make up some things?))

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 13, 2021, 10:36:26 am »

"Oh, right, camping spot. Hmm... I don't have a good eye for this kind of thing..."

Dixie shrugged. "Luck will just have to grant us a clearing. If nothing else, he could just make more of those huge mushrooms, no?"

She smiled. "i'm sorry. I'm probably being too carefree about all this. I know it's not what you want right now."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 13, 2021, 11:24:16 am »

"Migh' as well jus' ask the durn bird, and get it ov'er with." Jack drawled irritably, before reaching down and pulling a hunk of the white fuzzy mass that had digested the ropes loose earlier to hold on to.

His intention was to keep it to speed up growing the oversized things again if push came to shove-- but the effort caused what remained of the ropes to come away with a plop, followed by a small crashing sound and a dull whimper from the other side of the dead tree.

"-- The hell was 'at?!"

He hopped off the mushroom and hobbled around to the other side of the tree before making the scene even more comical.

"Oh DERE you is!  I's was worried 'bout you ya know?!" he rasped at the unseen conversation partner, before a thin, familiar high pitched voice mocked him back.

"Took you long enough, you old pervert."  quipped the pixie, as she tried to clean the mud off herself from where she had fallen in after falling off the tree when the ropes had fallen loose.

YOU FRIEND?

interjected Loosh, reminding the two that he had not run away, and was indeed going to follow them to make sure they did as they were told, as he indicated amusedly at Plune, before huffing a puff on his pipe.

"Oh, Blow it out yer ass, ya ol' fart." rumbled the hobo, as he heaved Plune up onto his shoulder.

SHAMELESS *AND* RUDE.  cackled the ancient bogling as he casually sucked on the long stem of his pipe.  LOOSH LIKE.

"wassat s'posed ta mean?"

Loosh said nothing, just smiled with a broad grin of sharp, snaggly teeth, blew out his pipe smoke, then turned back the other way back toward the front of the tree.

Jack just looked at plune and made a "he's crazy" gesture with his hand while shrugging.

"He's not the only one."

"ya knows I kin drop yas right 'ere, right naow..." jack quipped with a smile.

"You could, but you have to sleep sometime, old man." Plune teased back. "I'd be in and out before the bear even knew what happened."

"I'll bet ye would---" he drolled back with a chuckle.  Plune just responded with a triumphant toss of her head and a beaming smile. Jack just shook his head wryly and continued chuckling, as he leaned against the dead tree, balancing plune on his shoulder, and waddled back to the mushroom before setting her down on it, then seating himself next to her.

Some short time later, the bogling runner that had been sent to fetch their gear came running back with an awkward burden it was buried under, making a rambling, zig-zagging path over the mud flat, in stark contrast to Masha's practically regal exit earlier, as it stumbled and staggered carrying the unwieldy bundle of weapons, and other gear.

Jack eagerly approached the creature, grabbed hold of the top of it and lifted upward, causing the poor runner to emit a sharp yelp upon seeing which of the tall ones had snatched the burden.

EEK-- TREEMAN

"I tol' the lot o' ya, I ain't no damned tree-man whatchacallsit. I'm jus' some ol' man as spent too much time outdoors."

Loosh once more drew in a long, contented drag off his pipe, while leaning against the tree, with that now seemingly permanent sense of amusement. He blew it out, then puffed in another. Plune leaned over to him from atop the mushroom, and whispered to him "He's always like that."  The old bogling hermit just nodded, smiled even more broadly, and sucked in another drag silently.

Lifting the burden up off the runner, then slinging it over his shoulder, the old man turned and faced his appraisers, focusing a baleful eye on Plune, before stating.
"Watch it back ere, or I'll make ye walk."

The effort the old bogling was having to stifle his chuckles was very obvious, as he nonchalantly tapped out his pipe.

WE GOING?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 14, 2021, 02:32:57 am »

(Is it still night time?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 14, 2021, 02:35:58 am »

No, it has been the "next day" for some time now.

You kids in town just had no interaction for me to service.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 14, 2021, 02:52:32 am »

(Am I the only one in town that's posted recently? I kind of want to join with the group but if I'm alone I'm not sure how to do it.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 14, 2021, 03:07:55 am »

The best way would have been to have attempted to go straight there, rather than go to town.  Its 2 days travel to where the party is from town.  short of teleporation, which I dont have a good mechanism for, I cant just whisk you there.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 15, 2021, 05:32:37 am »

(What do you think of my chances of trying to walk there by myself?)
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142