Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119769 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1950 on: March 29, 2021, 07:52:43 am »

Dixie sloshes water on Troll #1, then channels ice magic into the water.

The water freezes, and the troll takes 6 damage.  The Troll struggles as the ice seals between the stone parts it is composed of, but fails to break free.

Dixie activates both the mysterious orb, and the oaken staff, while continuing to channel the cold, and then launching an exploding bolt at Troll #2. The coldness of the ice intensifies, and will deal 5 (+2, +3) damage passively at the start of next turn.  The exploding fire bolt deals 0 concussion damage, but completely disorients Troll #2.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:47 am »

"Hohoho, and I here I thought we will go another day without action!"

Dixie's ice magic seemed to have managed to curb the beast's movements. Good, aiming from this distance should be a piece of cake.
No longer hiding her enthusiasm, Linea drew her bow and aimed at the first Troll's eyes, arrows flaming red and released!

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 29, 2021, 10:20:40 am »

Edward lunged forward to reach the effective distance for his shotgun. They were rock trolls, all right, and although several slashes were deep enough to give it a few cracks, the effort dulling your blade was not worth it. The troll was still in shape an ready to maul the new guy, so Edwarg, with a shaky aim pulled the trigger and shot the monster at whatever body part in his line of sight.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 29, 2021, 10:30:10 am »

Linea shoots at Troll #1's eyeballs, and hits for 4 damage.  It explodes, but has no effect.

---

Edwarg gets close and waist-draws the shotgun and lets troll #2 have it.  The shotgun blast clearly and neatly removes all the moss from a fairly large circle, and leaves scrape marks where the lead pellets beat against the surface.

It deals a whopping 2 damage.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:39:50 am by wierd »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 29, 2021, 11:52:59 am »

Dularach will commit to his 12 hit combo on one of the trolls
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:59:39 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 29, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »

Dula charsheet says this:
Attacks 6 times within a single AP. Fatigue decay from this ability ignores the minimum limit.

So, Dula is skipping movement phase for 2 attacks (6x each)

Attack 1:

First punch: 3 damage
Second punch: 3 damage
Third punch: 3 damage
Fourth punch: 2 damage
Fifth punch: 2 damage
Sixth punch: 2 damage

Attack 2:

First punch: 3 damage
Second punch: 1 damage
Third punch:  4 damage
Fourth punch: 3 damage
Fifth punch: 3 damage
Sixth punch: 2 damage

32 damage total.

Troll #2 breaks apart into little bits, and does not get back up.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 29, 2021, 02:10:46 pm »

ROUND 2

The rock troll struggles in its icy confinement with all its might. The ice creaks, then shatters. (consumes Troll movement phase)
Passive ice damage from previous entrapment manifests, dealing 10 damage.

It looks a bit busted up, but is still in the fight.

The rock troll seems pretty peeved at Dula, and performs a spinning attack. (Holds heavy stone hands out away from its body, then spins around to build up energy in the strike.)

Its momentum gives it 3 hits. Dula managed to buck 37% of the incoming damage, for the following totals.

Hit 1: 7hp
Hit 2: 9ph
Hit 3: 9hp

25 damage total.

---

Plune makes a fancy flourish with the hand holding the leaves, and unfolds them like a fan.
She then slaps it against her other hand one time, which causes a faintly luminous green mist to swirl around them, before quickly making a snap of the wrist, while letting go of the leaf-fan, then thrusting her hand through where it was in mid air.  The leaves dance and whorl around her wrist like a magically separated bracelet.

She flourishes again, aiming a pointed finger up at the sky.  The leaves curl up into tight little tubes around the central stem, with a sharp point at the front of each leaf, forming what looks like a hovering bracelet of pointed barbs, each pointing radially out from her extended wrist, continuing their whorl around it. The flourish continues in a fluid motion as the pointed finger comes down to point at the remaining rock troll.

One by one, the curled up leaves point forward, roll down under the outstretched finger, then launch forward at intense speed, leaving a thin wisp of luminous green aether in their wake.

They strike with penetrating velocity, then rapidly decompose in a small pop, leaving leafy compost residue.

[Leaf Arrow Barrage]
(RNGsus says she was able to snag 12 leaves Firing them all will exhaust all her stamina)

Shot 1: 2 damage
Shot 2: 1 damage
Shot 3: 2 damage
Shot 4: 2 damage
Shot 5: 3 damage
Shot 6: 3 damage
Shot 7: 2 damage
Shot 8: 0 damage
Shot 9: 3 damage
Shot 10: 1 damage
Shot 11: 4 damage
Shot 12: 2 damage

25 damage total.

The second rock troll gets pelted apart by the small missiles, and does not get back up.

Plune is exhausted, and starts to fall from where she was flying.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:14:24 pm by wierd »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 29, 2021, 03:48:36 pm »

"By the sound o'things it seems like it's just one thing after another." the dwarf put it simply as he gave the innkeeper a nod "Aye an thanks master innkeep for yer time, this ol' sack of rocks will be back ere' tonight. Can ye point me in towards where I may find this Arven?" climbing down the stool, Kothrias dusted his knees as he stood before the counter.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:51:45 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 29, 2021, 05:08:59 pm »

Dixie looks up at the source of the leaf barrage, and as she noticed Plune go off-balance and slowly descend, she starts to walk towards her, but notices that Edwarg has thought the same and is in a closer position. Instead, she heads to Dularach, recalling that the second troll hit him with a weird spinning attack, to heal him back to (hopefully) full health with her healing magic.

"I see you got hurt, stranger. Thanks for helping us." She says to Dularach, who's currently in Oni form right now. Wait, does she not recognize Dularach in humanoid form? It must be the first the she's seen it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 08:33:36 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 29, 2021, 08:36:29 pm »

Skye investigate the destroyed rock trolls. Looking for something, a Mana Core that give life for these being. Also if those have something for the ores.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 30, 2021, 07:47:35 am »

The orc quickly caught the falling fairy and carefully let her rest leaning against his backpack. 

"That's one way to do it." Edwarg mused, witnessing the rocky creature crumbling before him. Upon closer inspection, he noticed that the creature has no squishy part nor no weak point.

"We'll be in deep trouble if we run again into one of these guys."
He concluded, shooting a glance at Linea who seemed far from being amused with the whole situation.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 30, 2021, 09:05:16 am »

Dularach takes a rest to restore his energy from his earlier rush and enjoys a puff from his pipe
"I'm no stranger miss, but I guess its cause you have only seen me as giant horrifying spider"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 03, 2021, 07:47:46 am »

Dixie's eyes widen, and she looks around as if to verify that the normally highly imposing giant spider isn't here.
"Heeeeh?? I suppose that explains the height." She chuckles. "But even then, your spider form stands at like two meters. That's amazing. Is it possible to learn that power? Uhm... Wait, what's your name actually? I'm Dixie, by the way."

I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: April 04, 2021, 01:35:44 pm »

Sky investigates the fallen trolls, and finds that they are entirely composed of an almost glassy black stone. Where the remnants have been hit by weapons and spells, sharp edges can be felt.  He collects some, hoping to have then assayed by the mage in town. (obtains [shattered black flint hunks]. )

Plune almost glides down rather than falling, due to her extended wings slowing her fall.  AsvEdwarg catches her,  she makes a faint smile before relaxing and breathing deeply, completely exhausted.

Jack has a very frumpy expression that just screams "I TOLD YOU SO."  He saunters up behind the swordsman, and gives him an (expletive laden) ear-full about this being exactly the kind of thing he meant when he said that not all creatures like feeling exposed or watched, and that he should try to use that ability of his ONLY in 'friendly' areas, to avoid situations like this from happening again.  He then spies the rocks the swordsman was poking through and grins broadly, before collecting a sizable quantity.  When asked about it, the old coot just croons about "Makes GREAT tips and blades!" and "Not normally found in this type of place." (obtains [Shattered black flint chunks])

Mama returns to her breakfast, despite its now significant dirt and ash content.

Linea looks down the stampede trail impatiently, but with heavily suppressed apprehension.

---

[in town]

The barkeeper politely directs Kothrias toward the mystville adv. co HQ, just up the road.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:40:15 pm by wierd »

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: April 05, 2021, 04:58:14 am »

Skye disables his enhancement sword and inspects his weapon. Still sharp as new and seems he doesn't have an issue for repair. He gives some fair share to Jack and the rest of the chunks will be planned to sell on town base.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 142