Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119779 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1920 on: March 19, 2021, 04:40:35 am »

After walking for over an hour through the dead forest towards the lake Burt began to feel as if something was wrong so he stopped and listened and after standing there quietly for a minute he heard nothing, he quickly realize that the bad feeling he was getting was the fact that he hadn't heard his companions and hadn't for quite some time, he wasn't sure what had happened but they must have gotten separated hours ago.

So now he found himself deep in the dead woods at night, alone, and with out any backup.

"God dammit why did we have to come all the way out here to these shitty woods leave then go back into them, fuck this I'm gonna try to get back to town, or that tower, or somewhere civilized."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 19, 2021, 11:01:49 am »

(Meimie accepted my character a couple months back, just been waiting to be introduced)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 19, 2021, 11:03:07 am »

(You will probably need to spawn in town. That is unless your dwarf has any reason to be visiting or traveling to the lake for independent reasons.)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 19, 2021, 12:53:53 pm »

(He'll spawn in town.)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 22, 2021, 08:56:06 am »

Dixie sits there near the bonfire, slowly controlling the flames to diminish, as everyone around her had completely slept anyway. She wonders what Linea may have wrote in that little booklet she carries, but she supposes Linea wouldn't show it to her even if she asked.

She wasn't confident she could sleep. The adrenaline from getting startled by and jumping at that deer still lingered, pounding her heart quite faster. Her eyes however were steadily giving out.

With enough light, one could spot the small splotches of deer blood on her leather-gloved right hand.
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 22, 2021, 08:13:41 pm »

Jack was grungy from holding the deer as it died, with blood clinging to his arms and hands.  In the gloom, he followed the spatter trail to its source.

Linea was curled up tight in her bedroll, with body language that just oozed "go away."  Jack doubted very much that she was responsible for the slaying for numerous reason, not the least of which being that her dagger was not really her style; she was more the archer and long-range type, favoring her blade only for when close quarters were necessary. (and the deer would likely not have been necessary.)

That just left Dixie, sitting in the dying firelight.

Jack approached, and did his best to make a pleasant greeting.  As he got nearer, he could see blood on her hands. He was not about to pass judgement just yet-- People respond to stress and unfamiliar situations very differently than he was used to, and it was out of character for her to behave overtly maliciously.  Moreso, people tended to be rather cavalier about the lives or wellbeing of wild animals to begin with. Things like this would probably be unavoidable, and this would probably not be the last such occurrence.

He took a seat near the fire, just off to her left side.  He really was rather bad at this..  All the subtle ways one could pile blame, damnation, or otherwise inadvertently imply something you did not actually intend were things Jack hated about talking. He much preferred the company of animals, where there were no such ambiguities, or potential for simple communication to go so sideways, so quickly.

He took a deep breath, and just went for the direct approach.

"Why'd ya kill the deer?" he asked.

"It happened so fast." she responded.  "I saw it charging through toward Linea, and I just--- I just wanted to keep Linea from getting trampled, you know?"

"I un'erstand.." he said while nodding, then hunching up closer to the fire.  It was always a sad thing for him to be in contact with a dying animal. It always felt like part of him was dying too, and it left him feeling very melancholy.

"You alright Jack?" she asked, noticing his brooding body posture.

Once more, the subtleties of verbal communication were unpleasant to wrangle with, and he yet again went with the direct approach.

".. I wuz wit' 'er when she died."  he intoned solemnly.  "Uh Helped 'er have a calm, good, death."

"Oh Shit-- I'm Sorry Jack, are you alright?" responded Dixie, connecting some of the dots, and realizing that he had been communicating with the deer as it died.

"I'ull be fine." he muttered, then sat silent for what seemed an uncomfortable bit of time.  "Uh learned wha' tit t'was as they was runnin' from." he offered, breaking the awkward silence.

"What was it?"

"E'res some big.. big mouth'd critter.. as can snap up a full grown deer, or bigger, in one bite.  It et one o' 'er friends right in fron' o' er. Lunged up outta da water, and just like 'at, they's gone.  Thing comes out at night, an picks off th' thangs as venture too near, then comes out an' moves about on land, eatin' what'er it can run down, afore headin' back ta da water afore mornin...  She and all em others, was running from it, tryin ta get away from bein' et...  ... Deer don' see too good.. Not like people does no how.  I cain't tell ya more an she could show me. No idea what it is-- Jus...."

Jack's voice trailed away as he battled his pent back emotions about this whole ordeal.

"Jus so much is.. WRONG.. with 'is 'ere fores'.  So may lives.. Made ta suffer, or jus' snuff'd out without rhyme nor reason.... Shouldn't be like dis..."

The awkward silence returned, then Jack stood up, punctuating the almost palpable gloom he was broadcasting with his candor and odd language.

"Be sure ta let the oth's know what I said... Don't wanna have non-o-ya gets et like at.  "

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 23, 2021, 06:50:58 am »

"Sure... Okay. I'll remember to tell 'em tomorrow. Good night."

Dixie bows her head and watches Jack go back into his side of the temporary camp, leaving her alone to digest the information. There's sure an interesting amount of luck going on right now. Had Dixie not stabbed the deer and Jack happened to find its dying corpse, would they have known of this before it was too late? If this monster's schtick is a surprise lunge from the cover of the lake, then knowing about it beforehand must be life-saving information.

Hm. Dixie held her chin as the flames on the bonfire go out completely. Was Jack describing an alligator? But if it can fit a whole deer in its mouth... An oversized alligator?

Dixie slides down from her seat and slumps her back onto it, preparing to sleep; too tired to pull out the thin mattress from her bag. She hugs her knees and slumps her head onto them. She whimpered softly, agonizing over whether it'd be rude to ask Jack where the dead deer is for breakfast.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:52:42 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 23, 2021, 07:21:08 am »

After walking for quite awhile Burt finally emerged from the dead area of the forest into the live area, but that didn't really help him as it was still to dark to really see where he was going, and even though he wanted to go to sleep he had to keep going because he didn't want to get woken up by some random critter eating his face, so he resigned himself to having to keep walking through the woods at night in hopes of finding that stupid tower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 23, 2021, 10:34:55 am »

[GM fiat intervention]

After some time, Burt finds the river.  Remembering that it flows TOWARD the town, he deduces that if he follows it upstream, he should reach the lake.

----

Skye nonchalantly appears from wherever he has set himself up, and cautiously asks Dixie if anyone is going to do anything with the deer.
Dixie mentions that usually Jack deals with things like that, but it seems inappropriate to ask that of him, given the circumstances. 
Skye offers to do the work, and stays up doing the skinning and cleaning, then buries over the blood spatter to avoid attracting predators and scavengers.

---

Jack goes to bed, and gets lick-mauled by Mama, who is cranky that Jack did not bring the dead deer back for her to snack on, (and does not share Jack's sentimentality over a deer. Asserts she will eat it, if he won't.)

---

The rest of the night passes uneventfully.  The dawn of the new day rises, but people are slow to greet it. Everyone wants to sleep in a bit, given the lack of quality sleep due to the interruptions.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:29:11 pm by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 24, 2021, 04:40:21 am »

After having spent hours walking along the river towards the town Burt finally make it to the town as the sun starts to rise, and given that he didn't sleep last night he walks over to the shadiest place next to a building and curls up next to it and uses part of his tent to cover himself then goes to sleep.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 24, 2021, 10:52:25 am »

( Yo GM, could you set a scene for me in town? I'd really appreciate it! :D )

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 24, 2021, 04:12:41 pm »

[I have notified the appropriate handlers. If they fail to acknowledge in a timely manner, I will *try* to satisfy the request.]

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 25, 2021, 05:08:01 am »

(what happened to Nature girl, burt and I?)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 25, 2021, 05:12:39 am »

(You guys weren't posting so I said I got separated and I went back to town.)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 25, 2021, 06:06:43 am »

[That's fine, seems the other/prior GMs are being reluctant, and dont want to service the town NPCs. I will do my best to accommodate, but if I suck at this, it is THEIR fault for not ponying up when prompted.]

[Horizon: Join the game discord:  https://discord.gg/nzYWZFw  ]

[Invulnerable: I promise you some things to murderize soon, please return to the discord. ]

-----------

Kothrias arrives in the town from the southern road, and seeks shelter for the evening, and is directed to the Inn.

The innkeeper is a stocky but jovial fellow, who has been rather pleased with the number of customers lately, and inquires discretely if Kothrias is here to join the Adventuring Company.

------------

Burt returns to town, and finds Jack's "Hobo Hotel" to be one of the closest "possibly habitable structures" (ahem) to crash at. It consists of little more than a large log nocked into the crotch of a large pine tree's branches, then covered over with more branches and forest debris. Despite its simple construction, it contains a single (very large) leafy bed, and some simple shelves. The shelves have various odds and ends on them that Jack recently purchased in town, including a ceramic baking pan, a bar of soap, small spools of hand-made twine, and things of that nature, along with an old wooden walking stick, and the shiny metal curiosity taken from the tower. Outside, there is a fire pit (with cast iron trivet/spit roast kit deployed over it), a rack of logs with untended edible mushrooms sprouting from them, and a makeshift crafting stool.

There is debris from the old bastard crafting arrows and string strewn about: Cut bits of chicken and goose feather, shreds of shaved wood, small chips of stone flake, and combed off bits of coarse plant fiber. 

Just nearby is the inn, but Burt apparently is not keen on the idea of spending money there, and crashes at Jack's place.

The interior smells like musky bear.

Burt decides that he does not want to sleep in the musky smelling interior, and elects to pitch his tent just outside.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 06:50:11 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 142