Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119818 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1890 on: December 28, 2020, 01:22:43 pm »

(meanwhile, to the West)

"Ow..."

Dixie slowly sits up and then looks up. "From such a height... That could've gotten a lot worse."

A pain buds from her right arm, and she undoes her sleeve to reveal a minor bruise. She hovers her left hand onto it and starts to drown the bruise in healing magic.

She looks around for Jack, who she was sure aided to soften her fall.

Considering he was still actively gathering and tossing armfulls of soft forest detritus to make the landing zone soft, it did not take long to run into the forest hobo, arms full of the latest load of such materials.  In fact, he narrowly averted tossing the materials on top of where she had landed, tossing them harmlessly to the side of her instead.

He chuckled to himself, and adopted a jovial tone of fake criticism.

Ya coulda at leas' TRIED ta climb daown... he wheezed, while extending a hand to help her to her feet, then patting the leaves and debris from off her clothes as she trudged out of the thick and spongy pile. If'n yer gonna be climbin' on ol' trees, ya should git yerself a rope firs'. Glad ya's made it down in one piece though.  See anythun' useful up 'ere?

He walked with her while listening to her observations, to the area he had scoped out as a possible place to make a camp then made sweeping gestures with his arms, indicating the relative open-ness of the location, seeking an outside appraisal.

We gots a little bit o' time afore nightfall-- Afore I gits started, this place look good ta ya? I's noticed a bit uh... shall we say... 'dissatisfaction' with rough'n it-- at leas' we could star' a small fiar here, an' not burn da whole damn place daown... But i's is flexible-- I's can look fer another spot if it dont suit yer fancies..

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 29, 2020, 11:36:28 am »

Dixie chuckles, a little embarassed. Yeah, this concern must be because of her and Linea's eagerness to try to get into the tower yesterday so they could sleep on a solid floor with a roof above their heads.

"I'm fine with anywhere, really. I just didn't want Linea to feel lonely, you know?"
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 30, 2020, 02:10:25 am »

[Long boring filler post cut short to essentials]

[Jack uses the rest of the afternoon to clear away the detritus from the forest floor in the selected spot, then proceeds to use the hatchet to clean and dress several small windfall limbs and logs into straight poles.  He lays a simple raised floor this way, and erects a 3-sided structure with a lean-to style roof. He does not have time to produce proper cordage, so instead uses "notched wood" style construction. The structure should be sturdy and offer basic utility in the case of rain, but should also clearly show being a rushed job.]

[Jack also sets up a small, utilitarian fire while being very careful to assure that there is an appropriate gap in the canopy overhead to prevent catching the treetops on fire.]

[He finds a suitable brushpile he can convert for himself and mama, throws leaves and detritus over the top, then beds down. he worries how to provide for Dula, but assumes the yokai knows how to care for himself.]

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 02, 2021, 05:49:10 am »

"There are no greenskins and we aren't fighting, we're leaving the forest so the plant person who's name I don't know won't die or something."
"Oh okay.." the Slayer responded. "Good thing too because I want see them dead by my own hands" he murmured.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 08, 2021, 09:25:44 am »

Linea and Edwarg had spent a few hours surveying the area and found nothing until they reached the time when they must call it a day. It was both strange, or their coverage was not wide enough. Either way, she was tired, so do Edwarg, but she nonchalantly shoo away the poor orc to fetch water. It was his duty after all, no compromise will be given.

Another day wasted just like that, and they returned to the camping routine. Disappointments overcome both CSA operatives and they said nothing to each other. Linea was too exhausted she won't bother giving any mental commentaries, not even about the small, stupid accidents a while ago. In that state of devoid of emotions and aspiration, Linea hanged a kettle and expected her afternoon coffee to be ready in twenty minutes.

In a meantime, Linea had claimed her spot in a U-shaped buttress roots sprawling around like twisted planks growing from a trunk of an old, big tree, thinking it was something like a perfectly snug seat, courtesy of nature itself...

"The old man is building something." Said Edwarg, looking at the newly built shelter not too far from their place.

"Good for him."

"Want to check it out?"

Linea sipped her coffee before glaring at him; the first emotion she displayed since this morning. It wasn't the happiest one.

"Yeah while we at it, why not wrap up a present? Housewarming cards? A party perhaps? And then can we borrow a cup of sugar after we are done with common courtesy? ...We are camping, not setting up a neighborhood. Beat it, Snewden!"

"I am just thinking that you'd like the idea of having a roof above your head..."

"That shelter is barely enough for him and his wife bear." She concluded, turning away from Edwarg as she rummaged her backpack and busying herself writing something in her journal.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 09, 2021, 12:05:15 am »

Plune stuck close to Mama and Jack. She continued to avoid getting too close to any of the others, even though she felt they were not of danger to her. She was deep within the realm of nature away from human colonization, yet she did not feel at home, for the forest did not feel right to her. What felt closest to home was Mama and her human companion Jack, who was setting up camp for the night. Plune tried to help Jack in whatever way she could, carrying away little pieces of detritus and the such. Doing a bit of physical labor helped take her mind off the disturbing and unexplainable concerns abound.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 09, 2021, 01:06:29 am »

In the back of his mind, Jack was very happy to have the little pixie's help-- It was a strange, and welcome feeling to have another talking being that shared his innate connection with nature, but he had never lived in a magical forest before.  He had no real clue how to care for her, or even what her needs were at all. He did not even know what she ate.  This lack of knowledge bothered him, and more still, her own amnesia about the situation bothered him more still. 

He made room off to the side of the leafy mattress he had made for himself inside the covered up brushpile for her, and hoped for the best, giving her assurances that perhaps her memories would return, and until then, she could trust him not to be a menace; If there was anything she needed, he would be happy to help her with it.

Absently, he clutched his ursine companion close, unconsciously stroking her fur behind her ears, while her head was draped over his shoulder, thinking about how to go about this seemingly insurmountable task of fixing the malevolence that was whispering everywhere around them.

The innocent creatures... Like Mama, and little Plune...  They deserved better than what they were getting.  Needed better.

Slowly, sleep came.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 10, 2021, 05:11:37 am »

The pressure abated as Reeta went away from the corrupted patch, until it faded entirely not long after she returned to greener area. The whispering itself was gibberish, some vague yelling or crying from afar - yet the volume remained constant, not unlike the voice within one's own head.

It's late afternoon, and soon evening. The village was probably reachable before it turned dark. Or, alternatively, the gaudy tower should be even closer at south west.

What will the party do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 10, 2021, 06:52:27 am »

"So guys what are we doing now, going back to town or what, and if no one can decide I say we set fire to all that dead shit we were just in it should be enough to kill the things we were following and probably a bunch of other shit as well."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 10, 2021, 06:57:24 am »

did any of the others mention where they went? Also I’m worried setting fire to the dead things will run the risk of burning the living things as well, including us. How would you ensure the fire doesn’t burn living sections too?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 10, 2021, 07:54:06 am »

"If by living things you mean us I have a good idea of how to keep us from dying, but if you mean the plants and shit than no I have no way of saving them, but I'm not sure if it matters if the whole place burns down as the whole place is kind of a fucked up mess. Also I don't remember where the others said they were going."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 11, 2021, 08:40:17 am »

[color=994099]Do you know why we were sent to the lake?[/color]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 12, 2021, 06:02:30 am »

"I don't remember, it's been a bit but I think it was something about a missing person or something."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 12, 2021, 06:26:35 am »

Yes. Even though I hear whispers and feel drained there, we’ll need to go there to have any chance at finding her. He mentioned she might be at the lake, which seems surrounded by the dead plants. You and Slayer won’t have to worry about the draining, if I start wilting, I’ll go back, you two don’t wilt, so you’d be fine
Reeta heads to the lake again, looking for any sign of the creatures the mayor described

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 12, 2021, 07:13:10 am »

"Okay if you want to go back in there than lets go back in there."
Follow the plant person back into the dead plants area.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 142