Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 119852 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1845 on: December 05, 2020, 08:27:06 am »

"I've just been here." Dixie sipped from her half-empty cup of water. Being a mere dabbler on magic at the moment, she couldn't tell for certain if it was Jack who did something to the forest last night. Being able to dominate and communicate with that bear must be some form of nature magic. Her other guess would've been Reeta, but considering where Dixie guesses Reeta's team is at right now... Maybe here was within her possible area of effect? Dixie wouldn't know of Reeta's limits.

"Aight. Don't oversleep now." Dixie began walking away, what with the more pressing matter in her mind right now, that being breakfast.

She holds her cup.to the side, it seemingly filling up all on its own. A trick she devised, to condense the water vapor in the air with her fire and ice magics combined.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:17:55 am by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 05, 2020, 08:35:27 am »

The men visibly perked at the mention of a town. Seems that they've been away from civilization for quite some time, though the leader was still pondering silently. It didn't take long before the two that slipped out earlier returned, speaking in hushed voice so that it wasn't heard by the adventurers.

"Seems that warm food and and real bed is an option now boys!" He announced to his men, followed by cheers. "Hell, I bet you lot wouldn't mind sleeping in the stable so long as a roof is involved."

There were laughters as the leader turned back to Burt, finally putting his hand off the sword's hilt.

"We'll visit the town, stranger. If I have to hear another grumble about marching I'll go insane, aye? Perhaps there's a job for us, frontier town is never safe enough." He grinned, extending a hand. "Name's Orwell, of the Horseless Headman. Pleasure meeting ya."

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 05, 2020, 10:06:30 am »

Both Linea and Edwarg had been woken up before the sun rose and proceed to do their own things. Linea bathed on a nearby creek soon after rationing their supplies and preparing a kettle of water to boil, not saying a single word to him, but instead giving a heavy emphasis that it was Edwarg's job to do.
She then returned, less than a half hour later with a slightly improved mood.

"The water's any good?"
he quipped when Linea sat beside him and pour herself a hot water on a tankard.

"At least it was crystal clear. Won't complain." she drawled.

The orc gestured a small package of coffee in case she was looking for it, but Linea refused by wincing and clicked her tongue. "Had enough of it."

"That's... unexpected."

"I forgot washing it down with water before sleeping." she ranted, paused when she carefully sipping the still-steaming water. "and it left a lingering aftertaste that wont go away. Damn it felt like I was sleeping with mouth full of coal."

Edwarg laughed. "Silly you! Sometimes I think your fondness for those dark beverages is rather worrying. Guess this is a wake up call, literally... not saying coffee is bad, but you gotta think of alternatives. Again, not saying you should, but... you don't have to worry about waking up with foul breath. Ah how embarrassing!"

"What a mouthful..."

"Tut-tut! Don't turn down an advice from a doctor." Edwarg continued in a manner that looked like a lengthy cackle, much to Linea's chagrin. "When I was younger I had an unhealthy obsession for a booze..."

"And then you decided to stop..." she retaliated quickly. "after learned that in one of your have-had-one-too-many streaks, you ended up walking shirtless in the street mumbling about the half of your life before passed out hugging a lamppost? I have heard this fascinating story several times."

"I... uh... that's a story for another time."

"Suit yourself." said Linea with her usual snarky monotone. "But I get it, too many coffee is bad. And stop with your tut-tutting, heavens you looked like a grandpa! And you are not even a doctor."
---------

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:09:59 am by Silversky »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 05, 2020, 11:09:48 pm »

Dularach will try to follow Jack in
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 06, 2020, 01:03:02 am »

As pleasant as the morning sun was (especially with the company), Jack knew it was time to get up; especially since now two more people had come to wake him.  First Dixie, then Plune, as she awoke from her spot on the other side of the tree, and now Dula.

Begrudgingly, he nuzzled mama, and let her know that it really was time to get up. They could not lay-about in bed for hours, no matter how nice it was.  Getting up was very unpleasant work though. Every muscle hurt, in ways he couldnt comprehend the cause for, but it felt like something he could walk off.  And he was hungry. Really hungry.

He poked around in the trees, looking for fallen nuts from last fall. He eventually scored some pig nuts. He figured he could pass them off as walnuts, if he cracked them discretely. They looked and tasted similar, but had a different shaped shell. They would add a nice boost to a morning set of pancakes, and would extend the batter, and reduce the cost on his bag of flour, (which was already looking a bit empty... Mama's food bill was pretty harsh on the supplies.) After collecting his prizes, he hastily washed the muck off of himself with some of the water he had collected, then headed toward the tower camp, Plune and Mama in tow. (Dula walked the handful of steps it took him to cross the distance between the tower and the forest edge, easily leaving Jack behind)

He would flip pancakes there. Fewer fires to put out.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 01:06:49 am by wierd »

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 06, 2020, 07:44:59 am »

GSH suddenly jumps out of the bushes, probably startling some of adventures.

"Say, you guys saw any greenskins around here?" He stared each one of the adventurers for any reaction.
"Those filthy diiiirty little bastards and their horde is coming here right? Im ready to rip and tear when I see one. By the gods I've been waiting for a horde to come by for aaaages now, still no signs of greenskins."

He gets closer to their leader. "Please tell me you have spotted some, ill make them taste the steel of my blade!" He said oh so passionately.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 06, 2020, 10:40:02 am »

He grinned, extending a hand. "Name's Orwell, of the Horseless Headman. Pleasure meeting ya."
Burt shook the mans hand.
"It was a pleasure to meet you as well, do you need me to show your group the way to town, and I've never heard of the Horseless Headman is that what you call your group or are you a member of this group?"

Then suddenly GSH jumps out of the forest and begins asking all his damned questions.
"God damn it, don't mind this guy he's a strange one but he seems harmless."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 06, 2020, 01:14:54 pm »

Slayer, what are you doing? Reeta walks out from where she was hiding, putting her flute back. Hi, I’m Reeta. The guy asking about green skins is asking about orcs and goblins. I don’t think he’s paid full attention as to the nature of the threat. Now that we’ve been watching, we’re sure you’re not hostile, so let’s get you all to the town which is called Mystville

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 06, 2020, 08:22:47 pm »

"If you have business left just give us the direction, doubt we'll miss a whole town. The Horseless Headman is what I name this company, the banner is over there."

One man waved at the back, a surprisingly well made banner in hand. It depicted a headless man holding a sword in one hand and his own severed head in the other, seemingly unconcerned with his condition.

Orwell didn't seems too surprised at the slayer popping up, though he was visibly unnerved at Reeta as he glared pointedly at his scouts. Still, his attitude didn't change.

"Haven't seen any for a few weeks since we left the last towns, but if some goblin scouts are around I doubt we'd spot them. Definitely no orcs though, they ain't subtle."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 07, 2020, 09:11:49 am »

"I'll gladly lead you and your men to town if my companions wish to also go, but if they want to stay in the woods I'll give you guys directions as I need to stay with these people as someone needs to watch the slayer as he has a habit of getting into trouble."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 07, 2020, 10:00:54 am »

Just continue going south. There’s a lake up north we need to deal with

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 08, 2020, 06:08:04 am »

"If you guys want to continue than let us, just give me a minute to tell these guys how to get to town."
Take a minute to tell the group with the cart how to get to the town, then continue on our journey to the lake.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 08, 2020, 06:53:10 am »

"Great, thanks. But on a second thought, I think we'll go at daybreak. It's getting too dark for travel, aye? You're welcome to join the camp for the night, a bit modest but we have excess bedroll."

Who previously owned the bedroll wasn't mentioned, but it probably belonged to the dead guys. Still, it's the thought that counts.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 08, 2020, 07:02:04 am »

Stiffly, jack set about the activities for the morning breakfast.  Discretely, he cracked the nuts, removed the flesh from the shells, then discarded the evidence, before setting them on a rock that had been near the fire pit all night to toast, then began whipping up some pancake batter.

Several crude comments were made about his sleeping in, but he just waved them off, attesting "caint you see I'm cookin breakfas' 'ere? Which ya wan' food er insults?", before adding the slightly toasted nuts to the pancake mix, and pouring the first set of the morning...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 08, 2020, 09:08:17 am »

"I think it would be a good idea to camp with these guys for the night, rather than wander through the woods at that are filled with hostile creatures at night."
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 142