Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 120324 times)

invul_nerable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #1290 on: March 22, 2020, 07:43:30 pm »

Linea halted and turned back to Edwarg. "I don't have time for this. Why don't we just wake him up? It's not like he is turned into a corpse... well he is indeed smelled like a corpse."

That being said, the elf marched toward the counter and seized the bucket filled with water the barkeep use to clean his mug. Without Edwarg could stop her, the angry Linea splashed the entire bucket to GSH's face.

"Wake up!"
The ironclad slayer instinctively, and swiftly rose, took whatever he can grab hold off and attempts to bash the head of whoever is nearby then falls asleep again a few seconds later.

The slayer's face is finally revealed, it got a lot of scars, most notable among the scars are the ones on his oral commissures, it is like someone tried to carve a smile on his face. Surprisingly though, no sign of contact dermititis or any other skin based infections. Very odd, considering his head is literally trapped for years in a unworldly filthy helmet.

Not mindng the scars and filth, the slayer's face seems to be sculpted, jawline is strong, high cheekbones, long nose, the resulting pendeloque shape streching down from her forehead implies the snout structure of a tiger flattened to a plane,with none of the tiger's spirit. The rest of the slayer's visage seems surprised to be with it, her cheekbones and hollows writhe like an airbrushed Münch painting, again without spirit. If it weren't for the slayer's muscular face, he could be mistakened as a female. Or is she?

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 23, 2020, 12:35:12 am »

Dixie swaths Greenskins' Holocaust's arm away with his Oaken Staff before it hit Edwarg. Her cheeks were puffed and one hand pinched her nose, holding her breath as if they're surrounded by poisonous gas.

By the look of the barkeep and Linea's reactions, it might as well be a near-equivalent.

Frost crept from Dixie's foot, freezing the filthy water to stop it from spreading. She then reaches at the bag on her back, pulling out a mask made of leather, with an inlet where she could place a small rose-scented soap in it.

A muffled gasp, and a few deep breaths later, and Dixie asked, "His sense of smell and taste must both be completely obliterated by this point... Actually, how is he even still alive?"
I have a YouTube channel.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 23, 2020, 01:30:17 am »

Last night, the adventurers mentioned an area of dead plants a distance from a tower they explored. Do the plants growing within animals cause damage to surrounding plants if they grow outside of a host> if you don’t know yet, we can possibly put some normal plants in a pot and extract the parasitic plant from an animal, then out the plant into the pot with the others to see whether it causes tho others to die. Putting them in a pot will prevent the spread of withering from going to the rest of the village, since the pot will contain it. The idea is to figure out whether they have something to do with the withering, or if the withered area is caused by something else. If you or someone else has samples extracted from animals already, we could use those ones

"I've done some experiments with the plants myself, they seem to exhibit a form of parasitism specific to animal cerebral tissue. I've not witnessed any withering of nearby plants or anything of the sort in my experiments, so this "area of dead plants" may be a separate issue. I suspect it may all be connected to something deeper in the forest causing all this."

"Conduct your own experiments if you wish, but take extreme caution, and be sure to dispose of the plants when you are done. Unfortunately we don't have any fresh specimens at the moment, though I doubt that will be the case for long."
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 23, 2020, 03:51:08 am »

"Wake up!"

The sentence was harshly cold, uttered with brutal efficiency. The slayer awake, face washed, and it showed his visage a lot clearer. No injury, no festering wound, aside of many nasty scars across his face, he seemed normal.

But that's not the case. Edwarg shot a glance at Linea, upset with her sudden outburst. "That's not really necessary, you know."

"It is." she snorted. "Let me remind you that we are not here for charity work. And what you are doing right now doesn't even count as one."

"No, I think he needs medical attention."

"He is in a drunken stupor!" she snapped. "He exhausted himself, he is completely wasted, not dead, nor crippled. We are wasting time here while out there, we have some of us who might facing an immediate danger, or already dead."

Edwarg was not backing up, but Linea had a point. "Then help me fetch the priest or whatever so someone else can take care of him and we can go."

Frost crept from Dixie's foot, freezing the filthy water to stop it from spreading. She then reaches at the bag on her back, pulling out a mask made of leather, with an inlet where she could place a small rose-scented soap in it.

A muffled gasp, and a few deep breaths later, and Dixie asked, "His sense of smell and taste must both be completely obliterated by this point... Actually, how is he even still alive?"

"Thanks for the help, lady and if you don't mind, please take his poor gentlemen's helmet."

He turned at barkeep. "Good sir, I am sorry for all of this mess. I assure you will be adequately compensated for the cleaning cost, but before we settle that, could I lend your men to help me carry this gentleman to your terrace?"

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 23, 2020, 03:54:55 am »

Flexing her hands after just fitting herself with leather gloves, Dixie shrugged and obliged, carefully picking up the helmet by its broken horns.

"Ugh, this must be how wasteland dwellers feel..."
I have a YouTube channel.

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 23, 2020, 06:29:40 am »

"I'll- I'll help, gosh. How bad is it?"

The innkeeper nervously stepped closer, trying his best to avoid the frozen puddle. His portly frame hid surprising strength, probably borne out of manual labor neccessary to live this far out of civilization.

"Perhaps we should just carry him to mister Lucy? If it's as bad as it smells?"

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 23, 2020, 06:31:33 am »

Adjourn to his room (assuming he has one) at the inn, read the books and take copious notes.

Doctor Doak retires to his room.

What would mama want with magic? She' more intrested in just doin' normal bear type things ya know? said jack, with his cheeks starting to color involuntarily.  Ya know-- Find a good boy bear, eat lots a food, then go den up fer 'te winter and such... Jack's face was practically beet red at the end of that last sentence.

Naow-- I'mma go see about 'at dere assessement!

And with that, the red-faced gentleman absconded into the next room, Mama trailing behind him with a very confused look on her face.

One Eye'd Jack finds himself in the library where the librarian Flo is adjusting books in the shelves. She's engrossed in her work and doesn't notice him coming in.
:-(

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 23, 2020, 06:41:29 am »

Jack felt he needed a small moment to let his face cool off, and decided a nice quick chat with Mama would do nicely.

She was extremely curious about why jack had been embarrassed by the man, so jack let on about how he had mentioned offering to help mama with anything magical she might want, and how he had handled it.  Mama was curious to know why Jack thought she might want a nice handsome bear, when she already had one with her right there.

So much for getting the cheeks to cool down.

Jack changed the subject-- He felt that if they were going to deal with all these trials and problems together, they should get tested together too. In the off chance that she had any magical potential as well, he would help her in any way he possibly could to help her develop it too. She thought he was extremely silly, thinking she could do any of the fireball tossing, body dissecting, purple energy bolting, and other absurd stuff the 2 legged things had been up to-- but if it would help him feel more at ease, she'd get tested too.

That made him smile.  Timidly, he approached the desk, and politely cleared his throat at the "librarian."  He was a bit at a loss for words, after seeing her from the waist down as he approached the desk enough to look over it--- Curiosity about how such a woman could exist flashed through his mind, but he was entirely too polite to ask.

Pardon me Ma'am-- he said politely, trying to gain her attention. Sign out front says ya does magical aptitude testin'?  --... Me and Mama's here to see if we gots any chance at it. Wit' what's workin' out dere, we needs all the edge we can git.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 23, 2020, 07:53:50 am »

Jack felt he needed a small moment to let his face cool off, and decided a nice quick chat with Mama would do nicely.

She was extremely curious about why jack had been embarrassed by the man, so jack let on about how he had mentioned offering to help mama with anything magical she might want, and how he had handled it.  Mama was curious to know why Jack thought she might want a nice handsome bear, when she already had one with her right there.

So much for getting the cheeks to cool down.

Jack changed the subject-- He felt that if they were going to deal with all these trials and problems together, they should get tested together too. In the off chance that she had any magical potential as well, he would help her in any way he possibly could to help her develop it too. She thought he was extremely silly, thinking she could do any of the fireball tossing, body dissecting, purple energy bolting, and other absurd stuff the 2 legged things had been up to-- but if it would help him feel more at ease, she'd get tested too.

That made him smile.  Timidly, he approached the desk, and politely cleared his throat at the "librarian."  He was a bit at a loss for words, after seeing her from the waist down as he approached the desk enough to look over it--- Curiosity about how such a woman could exist flashed through his mind, but he was entirely too polite to ask.

Pardon me Ma'am-- he said politely, trying to gain her attention. Sign out front says ya does magical aptitude testin'?  --... Me and Mama's here to see if we gots any chance at it. Wit' what's workin' out dere, we needs all the edge we can git.

"Hello! Welcome to the aaaaaah!"

Flo turns around and gives a tiny shriek as she sees the bear next to Jack.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry, I didn't expect to see a bear inside, w-w-we don't usually let animals inside the library but as long as uh, what did you call her? Mama? She doesn't mess up the books..."

Flo trails off for a few seconds, leading to an awkward silence, then quickly recovers.

"Yup yup, an aptitude test won't be a problem, one of your companions just went underwent one of the tests. Would you like to determine the depths of your magical reserves, or have some element in mind that you desire mastery over? We do other things here too but for starters let's start with this."

Flo took out the book she used previously and opened the magic circle spread.

"You will have to place your hand here, this will just let us know whether you have any magic capabilities to begin with. Most people do have some sort of affinity but it's better to make sure still."

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 23, 2020, 08:01:12 am »

"I'll- I'll help, gosh. How bad is it?"

The innkeeper nervously stepped closer, trying his best to avoid the frozen puddle. His portly frame hid surprising strength, probably borne out of manual labor neccessary to live this far out of civilization.

"Perhaps we should just carry him to mister Lucy? If it's as bad as it smells?"

"Please show us the way."

Edwarg lifted the slayer by his both hands. It was not like he didn't strong enough to carry the slayer by himself but knowing how drenched the man was and how much filth may oozing out of other part of his armored body, probably that's not a bright idea.

The filth...

"On a second thought, I think what this gentleman need is a bath. Let's carry him to public bathroom, then we can consult to mister Lucy you mentioned." 

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 23, 2020, 08:05:48 am »

Last night, the adventurers mentioned an area of dead plants a distance from a tower they explored. Do the plants growing within animals cause damage to surrounding plants if they grow outside of a host> if you don’t know yet, we can possibly put some normal plants in a pot and extract the parasitic plant from an animal, then out the plant into the pot with the others to see whether it causes tho others to die. Putting them in a pot will prevent the spread of withering from going to the rest of the village, since the pot will contain it. The idea is to figure out whether they have something to do with the withering, or if the withered area is caused by something else. If you or someone else has samples extracted from animals already, we could use those ones

"I've done some experiments with the plants myself, they seem to exhibit a form of parasitism specific to animal cerebral tissue. I've not witnessed any withering of nearby plants or anything of the sort in my experiments, so this "area of dead plants" may be a separate issue. I suspect it may all be connected to something deeper in the forest causing all this."

"Conduct your own experiments if you wish, but take extreme caution, and be sure to dispose of the plants when you are done. Unfortunately we don't have any fresh specimens at the moment, though I doubt that will be the case for long."
thank you for your time. I hope some other adventurers are ready. Bye for now. The experiments I perform, I will tell you the results. Reeta then goes to the inn and gets inside. Upon getting inside, she notices GS on a table without his helmet and unconscious, as well as a smell that reminded her of something decaying. She also saw Snewden and the innkeeper pick up GS. what happened here?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 23, 2020, 09:57:11 am »

Jack chuckled; It never ceased to amuse him how so many people completely misunderstood animals. Then again, he normally wouldn't invite a bear inside anyway-- The didnt tend to grasp the nuances of staying inside a permanent structure like this.

He looked at Mama with the smirk still on his face.

Paw Goes. (on the circle.)
I go?(First?)

She snuffed at him in consternation. She felt this was silly. He retorted that was all the more reason for her to go first. She fired back that it was his idea to stop here in the first place.

Don't you want? (To be able to do neat things too?)

(What things?) --she fired back.

Jack let her know that nature magic experts could do all kinds of things with living plants, like make them grow and bear fruit in seconds, among other things.  She took an interest, but expressed that if he could pick that up better, it would be one of the reasons she would keep him around for.

Jack twisted his wry smirk to one side and raised his eyebrow at her.

Just Do It. (We should try *together*!)

She huffed, waddled up to the desk, stood up on two legs (and nearly scared the chitin off the librarian), then plopped a paw right on the circle.

Good girl Mama!  Let's see ifn' ye got it in ya! Jack wheezed, before rubbing her on her back, and causing her to look over her shoulder at him.

The librarian looked very startled indeed.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 23, 2020, 11:20:45 am »

Jack chuckled; It never ceased to amuse him how so many people completely misunderstood animals. Then again, he normally wouldn't invite a bear inside anyway-- The didnt tend to grasp the nuances of staying inside a permanent structure like this.

He looked at Mama with the smirk still on his face.

Paw Goes. (on the circle.)
I go?(First?)

She snuffed at him in consternation. She felt this was silly. He retorted that was all the more reason for her to go first. She fired back that it was his idea to stop here in the first place.

Don't you want? (To be able to do neat things too?)

(What things?) --she fired back.

Jack let her know that nature magic experts could do all kinds of things with living plants, like make them grow and bear fruit in seconds, among other things.  She took an interest, but expressed that if he could pick that up better, it would be one of the reasons she would keep him around for.

Jack twisted his wry smirk to one side and raised his eyebrow at her.

Just Do It. (We should try *together*!)

She huffed, waddled up to the desk, stood up on two legs (and nearly scared the chitin off the librarian), then plopped a paw right on the circle.

Good girl Mama!  Let's see ifn' ye got it in ya! Jack wheezed, before rubbing her on her back, and causing her to look over her shoulder at him.

The librarian looked very startled indeed.

((Jack rolls 7/20))

Mama places her paw on the circle, and Flo reluctantly recites the incantation, the runes on the page bathing the bear in a queer purple glow. After a few moments the glow recedes. Flo looks strangely relieved.

"I'm not surprised by this reaction. Animals generally don't have huge mana reserves, or capability to cast magic. It would be troublesome, since they generally rely on their instincts to predate and survive. If you add magic into the mix for creatures besides your magical ones, like unicorns and dragons, it would greatly damage the ecosystem. However..."

Flo's voice trails off a bit.

"I would be lying if I said this bear is completely ordinary. I head from another villager she was rescued from the animal attack the other day. It might be a result of the plant infection, or perhaps she was exposed to something else. It is highly improbable that she will be able to cast magic but, and this is a huge but, she has some innate magic strength and she may be able to harness it, somehow. Don't expect any answers from me now, I'll have to read up on it."

As she's saying this, she starts slinging books towards herself using strands of webs, flipping through the pages and reading them while engaging in conversation.

"Anyway, you want a go at it now mister... I didn't catch you name by the way. I'm Flo, Flo Roland. Perhaps you met my brother manning the desk out front, he's Vanquis Roland."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 23, 2020, 11:28:23 am »

Oh uh... I'm Jack!  One-eyed Jack!  Sure-- I'll give it ago! Let me jus' tell mama the news firs'.

(you)Have a little(not a whole lot, but some.)
Maybe?(you can learn some small things?)
I try now.

Mama radiated confusion and bewilderment at the notion-- but a fair amount of amused interest. She nudged Jack to try.

Okay then! said jack, as he put his own hand on the circle, and gave Flo a nod. Let's see what we got 'ere mis Flo.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:41:39 am by wierd »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 23, 2020, 02:01:30 pm »

"Well crap, I not going back to where I got this thing as that place was a death trap, and its not like I could get back inside sense the iron idiot killed the doorman, anyway thanks for the info I guess I'm gonna ask the librarian if she has a copy of the book I could copy the missing pages from."
With that Burt goes to the library which also turns out to be a magic store, with hopes to talk to the librarian.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 142