Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]  (Read 14016 times)

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2020, 03:44:10 am »

Tally ho, here's a major update after all the feedback we've gotten so far.

-Damage mitigation reworked. Formula of damage dealt is 'Incoming damage*(incoming damage/incoming damage+block value)'. Basically it'll prevent physical damage from tilting too far that it oneshot low-armor people but deal peanuts to high-armor people.
-AP removed. Now all combatant have 1 movement, 1 offense, and 1 miscelanous action per turn. These are not interchangeable. Offensive strike may take any form, success tied on status and hidden diceroll (i.e. high agility character may attempt a flurry of attacks in one turn with good chance of success).
-Accordingly, AGI now give 1 Movement range per 4 points.
-Overshot ranged attack now suffers 25% accuracy penalty per tile instead of flat 50% damage penalty.
-Reworked formula for ingredient search. Should yield more result now.
-Out of combat actions now cost fatigue decay. Value varies based on dice rolls and character's expertise.

Miscelanous:
-new alchemy mechanics added
-new weapons and items added
-magic equipment shop in the village is now open
-secondary quest system added
-explored overworld map added
-adventure log added, once players note something of interest it will be written down, and request log to see notes

What changed below:
-Attributes updated.
-Combat Mechanic updated.
-Combat Map Rules updated.
-Added clarifications on Basic Combat Actions.
-Equipment updated.

Spoiler: "Attributes" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Levels" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Stamina and Fatigue" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Combat Mechanic" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Combat Map Rules" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Basic Combat Actions" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Exploration Mechanic" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Enemies" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Equipment" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:13:45 am by A5G_Reaper »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2020, 03:53:00 am »

All players gained 1 level. Please distribute 4 points of attributes. One attributes may receive up to 2 points.

PS: There's an announcement at the OOC thread. Do take a peek.
Everyone? Even Reeta and Ed? My character didn’t do any fighting but ok

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thre
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2020, 03:58:52 am »

Quote from: Level Up
Character Sheet:

Character Name: Reeta Dollup
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 20
Character Description/Bio (Optional): A creature that looks like a human except she has purple flowers growing where her hair would be, as well as on her skin. Her flowers all have green sepals too, which aid in photosynthesis. She is a plant. She has green eyes. Though she has a name, she got the name by spending time around humans, mostly keeping away from them. They had names, so she made one too. She spends most of her time in the forest. When in danger, she would use her scent to confuse those who would do her harm, as well as others who happened to be nearby. Eventually, when she was finally not being chased by anyone, she crafted a flute out of some of her old petals that when played, makes everyone who hears it except her forget their allegiances. This was helpful when she came across bandits and armies, who keep calling her a monster despite not attacking anyone. She doesn’t need to hurt anything, as she can photosynthesize. She spends nights around taverns and gathering places to listen and learn about other creatures. Eventually she came to learn that some creatures are called monsters due to members of the species causing harm to them. Each time, people that leave the tavern would find her, and each time, she would greet them. Each time, they don’t accept the greeting. Each time they drew their weapons. Every time, it seemed, this happened. She would play her song and release her scent, allowing her to escape. She stopped going to towns and spends her time now in the forest, the “monsters” not really bothering her.

Character Attributes:
Strength/STR: 2
Agility/AGI: 2
Vitality/VIT: 2
Intelligence/INT: 3
Psyche/PSY: 3
Luck/LCK: 2

Character Abilities (Optional):
Song of Confusion: When Reeta plays a certain melody on her confusion flute, those that hear it, except Reeta, get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical from her flowers that, when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Pair of No Trip Boots: A magical pair of boots that prevents the wearer from falling or tripping over things
1x Confusion Flute: A purple flute that when played, causes those who hear it to get confused and forget who allies and enemies are
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:04:48 am by Naturegirl1999 »

A5G_Reaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2020, 04:04:34 am »

All players gained 1 level. Please distribute 4 points of attributes. One attributes may receive up to 2 points.

Yes, we find it easier to keep track of if everyone have the same levels. Plus, it would be a bit unfair for the newcomers to lag behind.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2020, 04:06:28 am »

Yes, we find it easier to keep track of if everyone have the same levels. Plus, it would be a bit unfair for the newcomers to lag behind.
ok, above post has level up

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2020, 04:07:40 am »

+1 AGI, +1 STA, +2 INT
I have a YouTube channel.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2020, 04:40:31 am »

+2agi, +1vit, +1psy

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2020, 05:12:59 am »

Hey darkwarlock3 and LovecraftianFairyTale, I just thought I'd check if either of you plan on continuing with the next quest or want retire your characters for now. You can always rejoin at a later point.

Egan_BW the party is currently back at the village, let us you know if you want to rejoin. If you need help with anything feel free to ask us.
:-(

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2020, 05:33:00 am »

Appointed +2 str and +1 point for vit and psy for Laemmle's Attribute stats.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2020, 05:41:08 am »

1+ Agility
2+ Intelligence
1+ Vitality

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2020, 06:10:24 am »

+2 Agility
+2 Vitality
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2020, 06:14:50 am »

Hey darkwarlock3 and LovecraftianFairyTale, I just thought I'd check if either of you plan on continuing with the next quest or want retire your characters for now. You can always rejoin at a later point.
Yeah, I’m probably going to stop for now. I might return later, but currently, I’m a bit too busy. Apologies.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2020, 06:20:22 am »

Yeah, I’m probably going to stop for now. I might return later, but currently, I’m a bit too busy. Apologies.

Yeah no worries, it was great to have you in the game. You are always welcome back, any time you're comfortable. Have fun!
:-(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2020, 08:23:39 am »

Doctor Doak:

+2 INT

+1 LCK

+1 VIT
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thre
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2020, 08:54:43 am »

A creature that looks like a human except she has purple flowers growing where her hair would be, as well as on her skin. Her flowers all have green sepals too, which aid in photosynthesis. She is a plant. Though she has a name, she got the name by spending time around humans, mostly keeping away from the,. They had names, so she made one too. She spends most of her time in the forest. When in danger, she would use her scent to confuse those who would do her harm, as well as others who happened to be nearby. Eventually, when she was finally not being chased by anyone, she crafted a flute out of some of her old petals that when played, makes everyone who hears it except her forget their allegiances. This was helpful when she came across bandits and armies, who keep calling her a monster despite not attacking anyone. She doesn’t need to hurt anything, as she can photosynthesize. She spends nights around taverns and gathering places to listen and learn about other creatures. Eventually she came to learn that some creatures are called monsters due to members of the species causing harm to them. Each time, people that leave the tavern would find her, and each time, she would greet them. Each time, they don’t accept the greeting. Each time they drew their weapons. Every time, it seemed, this happened. She would play her song and release her scent, allowing her to escape. She stopped going to towns and spends her time now in the forest, the “monsters” not really bothering her.

@Naturegirl1999

I don't think I have a clear picture of your character's appearance. Is she an ent? A nymph? or dryad? What about the flowers that grow on her skin? Are they go off when someone caresses her, is that painful to her? Was the skin smooth, or that would be bumpy and... flowery?

And what about her skin color? Because your safety might be endangered if the answer is green.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 09:00:47 am by Slyph »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12