Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]  (Read 14020 times)

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thread]
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2020, 12:58:41 am »

Name: Edwarg Snewden
Race: Alfaúndiag, Oetenas, Corrupted Ancient descendant, Fallen Skyborn. Or in the most common term, Orc.
Character description: Like any other orc, Edwarg is muscular man with height nearly reached 2 meters tall, his skin is obviously green with two rather long tusk jutting from his upper lips. His eyes are green, he has red hair which he kept in a short hairstyle for convenience.

Attributes:
STR: 3
AGI: 1
VIT: 3
INT: 3
PSY:0
LCK:0

Skillset:

Battlefield Guardian

Allies in his tiles receive x% magical and physical damage reduction. Reduce bleeding damage by x% for any downed allies on one tiles around him

Speed Rescue
Rush toward the ally with damaged HP, gain bonus damage reduction by x% based on the ally's remaining HP. AP cost is halved if the target ally is downed. If there is any enemy in downed ally's tile, Edwarg's shotgun deals x% more damage.

Combat medic
Administering any medical care will amplify the effect by x%

Nerd rage
(active, buff) Increases damage, magical/physical defense based on Edwarg INT and grant CC immunity for x turn. Edwarg's shotgun will have knockback effect and deals critical damage to the enemies on his tiles.

Character inventory:
- Spetnaz Helmet
- Remington 870 Modular Combat Shotgun
- Improved Outer Tactical Vest NIJ Level 3A with XSAPI Plates (Heavy armor)
- Medical supplies
- 12 Gauge buckshot shotgun shell x120
- Field rations x3 packages
- Flashlight
- Military shovel with sharpened edge
______

I hope I am doin it right

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 11:36:32 am by Silversky »

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2020, 02:02:40 am »

Hey Silversky, glad to see you joined up.

The current quest is almost complete, but might still take a week to wrap up I'll be honest with ya. Your character can join up then no problem.

Your character abilities and equipment seem fine. There are going to be some updates to combat mechanics after current quest concludes, but we can adjust your skills so it's not going to be a problem (it will probably only affect 1 or 2 of your skills).
:-(

Silversky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2020, 03:14:09 am »

Hey Silversky, glad to see you joined up.

The current quest is almost complete, but might still take a week to wrap up I'll be honest with ya. Your character can join up then no problem.

Your character abilities and equipment seem fine. There are going to be some updates to combat mechanics after current quest concludes, but we can adjust your skills so it's not going to be a problem (it will probably only affect 1 or 2 of your skills).

feel free to change it as you guys see fit, I am quite busy anyway so slow-paced game doesn't seem to be a problem to me  8)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2020, 07:34:48 am »

I you dont hand out earplugs to go with that purple flute, you are gonna get some mad team-mates. :P
Yep, however my character didn't have them because she isn't used to being around people, mostly using her abilities to make persuers forget they were chasing her

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville (Experimental RPG) [OOC Thre
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2020, 09:26:50 pm »

Sign-up sheet:

Character Name: Reeta Dollup
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 20
Character Description/Bio (Optional): A creature that looks like a human except she has purple flowers growing where her hair would be, as well as on her skin. Her flowers all have green sepals too, which aid in photosynthesis. She is a plant. Though she has a name, she got the name by spending time around humans, mostly keeping away from the,. They had names, so she made one too. She spends most of her time in the forest. When in danger, she would use her scent to confuse those who would do her harm, as well as others who happened to be nearby. Eventually, when she was finally not being chased by anyone, she crafted a flute out of some of her old petals that when played, makes everyone who hears it except her forget their allegiances. This was helpful when she came across bandits and armies, who keep calling her a monster despite not attacking anyone. She doesn’t need to hurt anything, as she can photosynthesize. She spends nights around taverns and gathering places to listen and learn about other creatures. Eventually she came to learn that some creatures are called monsters due to members of the species causing harm to them. Each time, people that leave the tavern would find her, and each time, she would greet them. Each time, they don’t accept the greeting. Each time they drew their weapons. Every time, it seemed, this happened. She would play her song and release her scent, allowing her to escape. She stopped going to towns and spends her time now in the forest, the “monsters” not really bothering her.

Character Attributes:
Strength/STR: 0
Agility/AGI: 2
Vitality/VIT: 2
Intelligence/INT: 1
Psyche/PSY: 3
Luck/LCK: 2

Character Abilities (Optional):
Song of Confusion: When Reeta plays a certain melody on her confusion flute, those that hear it, except Reeta, get confused and don’t know who is an enemy and who is an ally.

Amnesic Aroma: Reeta can emit a certain chemical from her flowers that, when smelled, makes the smeller forget what they are doing and why they are doing it. This doesn’t affect Reeta

Character Inventory:
1x Healing Potion - A restorative cure for injuries. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Basic Weapon=Bow/Arrows - A basic weapon. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Leather Armor - A basic lightweight piece of armor. (Provided by the Mystville Adventuring Company)
1x Pair of No Trip Boots: A magical pair of boots that prevents the wearer from falling or tripping over things
1x Confusion Flute: A purple flute that when played, causes those who hear it to get confused and forget who allies and enemies are
added a bio now. Most of the experiences she had with humans wasn’t great, part of the reason she made the flute. She hasn’t really ever had allies due to the negative reactions she always got, even before she used her song and scent. She uses them as defense when there are hostilities. When people work with her, she will let them know about her abilities and will ask them to cover their ears before doing her song

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2020, 08:37:58 am »

Hey Naturegirl thanks for sharing your updated character sheet. Everything looks good I think, you can still add stuff if you want to. We'll let you know in this thread, you should be able join the main party in a couple more days. Or you can enter the village and wait there, start interacting with NPCs or the other new player character if you want.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:37 am »

Hey Naturegirl thanks for sharing your updated character sheet. Everything looks good I think, you can still add stuff if you want to. We'll let you know in this thread, you should be able join the main party in a couple more days. Or you can enter the village and wait there, start interacting with NPCs or the other new player character if you want.
oh, now? Ok. I will catch up on what’s been going on OOC because there wouldn’t be a way for her to know what went on earlier anyway

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2020, 10:34:16 am »

I should probably get back into this before next mission, huh? Hard part is just devising some abilities which will properly put me in perpetual peril.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2020, 10:50:39 am »

I should probably get back into this before next mission, huh? Hard part is just devising some abilities which will properly put me in perpetual peril.

Hey Egan you're welcome to rejoin, if you need help with reworking or balancing your character ask us, we can help out. Next mission might take a week or two, game's a bit slow at the moment but we're working on bringing it up to speed again real soon!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2020, 06:41:14 pm »

So, like, I'm thinking Doctor Doak should probably start using magic, 'cause, you know, stat dump.

Presumably he'd be able to learn some nature magic from dem books he has?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2020, 03:09:01 am »

So, like, I'm thinking Doctor Doak should probably start using magic, 'cause, you know, stat dump.

Presumably he'd be able to learn some nature magic from dem books he has?

Hey Hector, yes this is one of the things we've been working on, was meant to be a surprise but here goes. Books are part one of the equation, part two can be found in the village. Just head to the magic shop vendor and ask.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2020, 07:58:06 pm »

By the way Naturegirl, did you mean to buy an extra Short Bow? You already had one (was sort of implied that the Company gave you one at some point, although not actually stated in-game, that may have been confusing). If not we can give you back the 2 gold and you can buy other stuff.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2020, 08:15:17 pm »

By the way Naturegirl, did you mean to buy an extra Short Bow? You already had one (was sort of implied that the Company gave you one at some point, although not actually stated in-game, that may have been confusing). If not we can give you back the 2 gold and you can buy other stuff.
oh, ok, I can look at the shop again and place what I buy OOC so I don’t clog up the thread
Mace
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 08:17:21 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2020, 08:24:00 pm »

oh, ok, I can look at the shop again and place what I buy OOC so I don’t clog up the thread
Mace
You got it~
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2020, 08:26:23 pm »

Mace
You got it~
ok
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12