Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Iron Defenders  (Read 7171 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Defenders
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 03:09:34 pm »

Build Drill Mech

Not having a Mech in a Mech-World means just being part of the destructible environment. #GenreSavvy

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2020, 03:34:32 pm »

Quote from: mightymushroom
Build Drill Mech

Not having a Mech in a Mech-World means just being part of the destructible environment. #WrongGenreSavvy

Fixed.

Note we specifically have a terrain advantage in not having to worry immediately.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2020, 04:59:15 pm »

TricMagic,
I don't understand your reasoning to label my comment "wrong genre." The statement which follows your "fix" doesn't say anything about how or why I have been fooled into thinking the wrong paradigm applies.

As for what you did say, please provide a quote to back up your assertion of environmental safety. The nearest I have found is the warning that demolishing mountains (which we have done) attracts our enemies, although going slower (as we did) is less risky. Less risk is not the same as no risk.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2020, 05:09:37 pm »

You send the survey team in search of a cold climate to establish humanity's last hope.

Late Winter, 9 AV

A remote location to build Last City has been determined. Considerable terraforming of the surrounding mountains will be needed for space to grow. However this will act as a natural defense to Vek burrowing in the beginning.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:09:41 am by TricMagic »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2020, 05:15:17 pm »

Build Combat Mech
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:18:15 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2020, 05:17:43 pm »

Build Combat Mech
We can't : Not enough economy
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 05:18:34 pm »

Mm, my mistake.

Build Drill Mech

Not having a Mech in a Mech-World means just being part of the destructible environment. #GenreSavvy

+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 05:37:11 pm »

TricMagic,
Thank you. I had thought I read something like that and yet I couldn't find it again.

However, let me expand my original reasoning.
The quote about the mountains only says "in the beginning" without much indication of how long the beginning lasts and we have already started to demolish said protection. Meanwhile, prices are such that we cannot afford every item right at the start; with our single small industry it could be ten turns before our next opportunity to build a Mech.* For all that happiness and/or low crime is desirable, Mechs constitute our primary defense against the existential threat. Not investing in one when we have the opportunity is a considerable risk of having our infrastructure squished by 'surprise' attack.

* No doubt we will use the "turns" while our economy score is low to design new things, which may or may not change prices. I also expect random events to fill in the time; alas, by their nature, I can't anticipate how random events will change our strategic outlook.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 09:50:25 pm »

Vek can't surface on tiles covered by mountains, but they totally can surface on empty tiles. The reason why the scientist recommends removing mountains is to give them spots to surface further away from our buildings.

Build drill mech, provided it can fight. Otherwise save econ for a combat mech.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2020, 10:39:25 pm »

Please limit mass quoting my updates to avoid confusion. Excerpts are OK. The quote link will clarify your source so it isn't necessary to grab everything.

So how many votes is that for everything? Please use a votebox for designs, so I can focus on giving you new gameplay.

(2) Build Small Commercial Building at D4: TricMagic, Kashyyk
(5) Build Drill Mech: TamerVirus, Naturegirl1999, mightymushroom, Superdorf, Egan_BW
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:35:57 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2020, 06:25:39 am »

You order the construction of a Drill Mech.

Late Autumn, 10 AV

The mech is built but unoperable. Unfortunately several key parts were stolen, and will be expensive to replace. Sadly we cannot afford them presently, or it could still be made operational immediately. The machine sits at D3, but can be moved (or reclaimed) next build phase.

As there are no mechs to drive, we cannot hold any training sessions for pilots.

Police Chief Nelsson
Mayor, don't worry about the burglary, I won't say I told you so. I will say we are on the edge of a riot. People live a meager existence. to think just over 10 years ago people had TVs and Disney+ to watch Mandalorian, now their apartments look like a bathtub with a cardboard box for a couch. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the robbers just wanted something shiny to poke after work. There is however legend of a time where people found happiness in things other than commerce, believe it or not. It may take up space but we could build a fabled "park" at no cost to our resources, just space.

A. Build Park (where?)
B. Decline
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2020, 06:31:36 am »

A - Build Park at E4

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2020, 06:32:33 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2020, 09:02:15 am »

Building on E4 will limit our ability to demolish mountains in the future.
D4 is a nice waterfront with no adjacent mountains.

Quote from: votebox required
A - Build Park at E4 - Kashyyk, King Zultan, Naturegirl1999
A - Build Park at D4 - mightymushroom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8