Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Grim Idols [Turn 1: Evil Pays]  (Read 12911 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Idols [Turn 0: Exactly As Expected]
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2020, 01:42:36 am »

((I'll try to get things to get back on track fairly soon. Despite the general faff, most people have at least one prospective client and the rioters have taken quite a bit of disruption.))

(That's kinda my point.. if I'd sat back, I'd have had much better odds of having an idol I wanted instead of whichever random one replaces the random one who killed the one I picked out.  If you encounter one, don't like that one, you can prooobably replace that one with a new one.  If you pick one you like first, it'll get attacked and replaced by someone random.  So in the first case, you're rolling to upgrade, and in the second case, you're rolling to downgrade.  Even if the result is identical, one is satisfying, and the other is infuriating.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2020, 08:39:10 am »

(got side tracked and hit while asleep apparently.)

"You know, I was holding back before to break up the fight, right? Ganging up on a girl is mean."

"Also, you should know already how cutthroat the world of idols is. After all, I was one."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2020, 10:48:20 pm »

"If they get in, you'll likely be too dead to sign."

Order the remaining idols to defend the tank.  Just continue leaving the area.. try to evaluate the remaining ones as best I can.

(That's five ones out of six dice, Irony.)
[5] The Vine squad opens the hatch really quickly. There's indignant squawking from up above as whatever or whoever is up there is apparently thrown off the tank.

[6] Your tank trundles off into the sunset and immediately gets stuck in traffic. Well... at least now you have time to evaluate your goons.

[1] You stare at the pod imp for a few seconds before something grabs your leg and rasps "sssssiiiiiiiiign mmmmmmeeeee..."

That startles you, but it turns out to just be a lightly smoking catgirl. Unfortunately this starts the avalanche again, with each idol- both from your original set and the invaders- pressing in to loudly shout about how much they deserve a contract.

"Exclusive, no, contract, yes. I assure you, there's plenty of spots. Now please, for the love of God, just tell me who you are and what the hell you're doing with that hub."

Dariel, despite having most of his methods of displaying emotions compromised by the lack of any real face, has been displaying more and more exhausted body language as the situation has continued.
How long has it even been so far? Half an hour? It's felt so much damn longer.

Keep the shield projector at the ready in case Bad ShitTM occurs.
[6] "FIRST THE CONTRACT!"

"I can't sign a contract without a name."

"...I CAN'T HAVE A NAME WITHOUT A CONTRACT!"

"You don't have a name, do you?"

"OF COURSE I HAVE A NAME IT'S- IRRELEVANT!"

"Should I put down your name as 'Irrelevant'?"

"NO YES WAIT WHAT ABOUT UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"You thought you could come up with a fancy stage name before you got signed, but now you can't, can you?"

"SHUT UP MORTAL!!! I AM A GOD!!! THE POWER OF THIS FEEBLE POWER CORE GRANTS ME LIMITLESS POWER!!! WITH THE SLIGHTEST WAVE OF MY HAND I COULD TURN YOU ALL TO ASH!!! TO AAAAAAAAAAASH!!!"

She begins flaring up even higher, but at least now you know what she's doing- basically treating herself as a facility, redirecting the power core to supercharge her systems instead of a building's. That probably means she's got some specialized features to do that with, but you never know.

You also know her real name is probably pretty dorky-sounding.

"Once a peasant, always a peasant! Prove yourself now, or get out of my sight!"
[4] She starts gnawing on you. It's not very effective.

create the contract for Q. (Use her full name for contract creation)  While writing the contract, say the following. “Yes, you will get a contract, what is the name of this army you lead? Why is your smile fake?”
[5] "AHAHAHAHAHA YES! YES! YES! SUCK IT VANIDINE ENERGY SOLUTIONS! 'EXPENDABLE INFILTRATION UNIT' MY ASS, YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE TOP-TIER SPY NOW! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

She appears to be happy and unusually talkative, if distracted, at being signed.

Qillrial-10018374B-734 officially signed as an Idol! Capabilities unknown.

“Target Meatbag has refused peace talks, you had your chance to end this charade. Now it’s time to end this”

Glamor Gals and Jormungara can still do whatever their doing, the Gals still being a metal-body shield as C0MMY approaches the white-armored figure. In which the robot will use both of his robotic arms to crush the neck muscles and than asphyxiate this idol, until well she stops moving
Quote from: TricMagic
Jump out the hole in the wall and hit the building with an idol-grade beam attack to knock them into it.(The depths of the building, and a little collapse to prevent them from following.)
Then see about talking to the girl in white..
(got side tracked and hit while asleep apparently.)

"You know, I was holding back before to break up the fight, right? Ganging up on a girl is mean."

"Also, you should know already how cutthroat the world of idols is. After all, I was one."
[1]vs[5] C0MMY grabs the girl in white by the neck, lifts her up, and squeezes with both comedic wiggly arms.

"Time to die, pathetic Meatbag!" he shouts triumphantly.

A look of determination and bright white light flares up in her eyes, and C0MMY finds his grip being pushed aside by the sheer force of it. The girl then puts both hands forward and channels her might into a cataclysmic beam of pure white energy, hurling the evil visionary robot well over the horizon.

"IMPOSSSIBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!!!" he screams on his way out.

[2] Meanwhile, Tim leaps out of the building, fires back inside with too little power to collapse the floor, and stumbles the landing, ruining her chance to look cool in front of her new senpai friend acquaintance.

C0MMY's goons skedaddle immediately, presumably to go find their defeated boss and plot a second season.

[1] The soldiers at the entrance get taken out by some of the more ambitious residents. Q looks mortified.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2020, 10:54:30 pm »

"You know, before Heartbeat was completely trashed, I was plugged into the computer systems of a good half dozen facilities. I've been in your present physical condition before. You're probably overheating right now. Maybe take a bit to cool down? Literally, I mean.
And how about I just put you down as "Overload"? Or "Ampere"? If you can think of any other electricity-themed names, I'd love to hear them.
"

Continue to make sure I'm ready to pull out the shield projector if she goes off.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2020, 10:55:14 pm »

Just vore me already, mommy. We both know this is going to result in something entertainingly eldritch, so just get on with it.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2020, 11:22:54 pm »

“Thanks for the help Jormungara, really useful there with the assistance. Now let’s get a sense of C0M-ER0N belongings and position, before I start my plotting to torture that organic the rest of the milennia”

C0MMY checks where he just landed and performs self-diagnostic repairs to his system, and sends a wireless signal to the Glamor Gals to go and make a meetup up with them and Jormungara, she needs to be signed into a contract first before future plans are created

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2020, 12:28:39 am »

with Q, try making our way to the base without getting attacked

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2020, 12:37:07 am »

Ok, list of survivors now, and evaluate them.  This time get some names for them, and use my evaluations of them, not their own.  If they can't manage to line up, they're out.

Catgirl can be evaluated first, then vine squad, then everyone else.  If there's any fighting over it, good, more casulties means fewer to evaluate.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2020, 03:08:10 pm »

"Hah, should probobly get this thing tuned, seems it's been used a few too many times."

"Hey miss Dark! Before you run off, you seem like you'd make a good duo with this girl here, light and dark."

"Speaking of, you seem to have the passion needed Ms. White Hero. Care to sign on? Sorry about the mess, it's a bit crazy today"

Try to secure the contract, as well as that dark girl if I can. Light and Dark is a pretty common theme in HeroMagical Girl shows, so a Duo has potential if I can get it to work right.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:24:53 pm by TricMagic »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2020, 11:36:18 pm »

"You know, before Heartbeat was completely trashed, I was plugged into the computer systems of a good half dozen facilities. I've been in your present physical condition before. You're probably overheating right now. Maybe take a bit to cool down? Literally, I mean.
And how about I just put you down as "Overload"? Or "Ampere"? If you can think of any other electricity-themed names, I'd love to hear them.
"

Continue to make sure I'm ready to pull out the shield projector if she goes off.
At the mention of overheating, she glances at something on her wrist and immediately looks concerned. However, she's quickly distracted by something else.

"OVERLOAD! AMPERE! YES YES BOTH OF THOSE WOULD BE GOOD! DOES AMPERE SOUND PRETTIER? OVERLOAD SOUNDS MORE DYNAMIC? MAYBE BOTH IDOLS SOMETIMES HAVE TWO PART NAMES RIGHT? UHHHHHHH LEMME JUST-"

[6] She channels the energy back through the cables in a thunderous explosion, leaving her smoking but otherwise unharmed and happy looking. Based on the loud sounds and way the floor shakes under your feet, you're a little less convinced that worked out for everyone.

Just vore me already, mommy. We both know this is going to result in something entertainingly eldritch, so just get on with it.
[5][1] In a thoroughly creepy display, the girl swallows you and then turns, shrieking, into a far more writhing version of herself, complete with head-wings that look a lot like cat ears. You are, of course, completely in control of your new mortal host.

Her gang is suitably impressed by "The Chosen One" destined to bring about "The End Of The Age Of Flesh." So you've got that going for you.

“Thanks for the help Jormungara, really useful there with the assistance. Now let’s get a sense of C0M-ER0N belongings and position, before I start my plotting to torture that organic the rest of the milennia”

C0MMY checks where he just landed and performs self-diagnostic repairs to his system, and sends a wireless signal to the Glamor Gals to go and make a meetup up with them and Jormungara, she needs to be signed into a contract first before future plans are created
"Hah, should probobly get this thing tuned, seems it's been used a few too many times."

"Hey miss Dark! Before you run off, you seem like you'd make a good duo with this girl here, light and dark."

"Speaking of, you seem to have the passion needed Ms. White Hero. Care to sign on? Sorry about the mess, it's a bit crazy today"

Try to secure the contract, as well as that dark girl if I can. Light and Dark is a pretty common theme in HeroMagical Girl shows, so a Duo has potential if I can get it to work right.
[6]vs[1] "Never, Do-Gooder!" the Nemesis shouts as she rides a gaggle of slavebots to the Dark Side.

[2] Tim's negotiations with the other girl go only slightly better. Unimpressed with her combat ability and willingness to negotiate with the forces of evil, she agrees only to a three month "trial contract."

with Q, try making our way to the base without getting attacked
Despite Q's shouting of "worthless idiots!" at the downed soldiers, you manage to get back into the base, mostly.

[5] This is made considerably easier by the bright flash of light and explosion throughout the entire base. Despite not dealing a great deal of damage, it stuns everyone and convinces most of the mob that it's time to leave. You wander through the carnage unscathed.

Ok, list of survivors now, and evaluate them.  This time get some names for them, and use my evaluations of them, not their own.  If they can't manage to line up, they're out.

Catgirl can be evaluated first, then vine squad, then everyone else.  If there's any fighting over it, good, more casulties means fewer to evaluate.

[4] Catgirl, name Tui Akalnan. Biomodded somehow, got that slightly deranged look you sometimes see in new recruits signing on to hurt things. Stronger than she looks but she's thin enough that she'd almost have to be.

[5] Vine Squad, collectively known as the Furious Aduenalgas, 'Aduenalga' being an exotic type of flower any normal species would just call a rose. They're basically a group of friends slumming it in 'the wilds' and doing crazy things like performing labor for goods and services; not uncommon among the Vine who come out here. Their names are Dikikrian Anu Dalmoth, Skorramas Atun Velrikkim, Attaraska Seloc Varim, and Titirin Ekkem Alkoram. They're fairly skilled at what they do, but they've got that dainty in-it-for-the-novelty look of bored nobles, which they fairly literally are.

[6] Pod-Nemesis calls herself Oden-6 and is obviously arrogant and evil. Shocking, that. Her pod is a personal hovercraft meant to allow her to float above the teeming rabble and scan them with some efficacy. Coward and opportunist, like all of her filthy kind.

[1] Cloy-Bro just pelvically gyrates at you. You're not sure what to do with this information.

[6] Horned chick is a drunk moron with no idea what she's doing or why. She's apparently "in the thrall of Vanidine Energy Solutions, producers of the #1 selling energy drink Beastmode," which is where she got the modded horns and probably muscular build. Apparently in exchange for some kind of marketing pact.

[1] Pink Mohawk is named Bloodletter and you think you saw her on the news for something. Probably not something good.

[4] Orange boy is named Vik- just Vik- and is apparently a mechanic. Makes sense; he's got the slight build of a gear-rat. Also predictably, he dreams of doing something glamorous and important, like being an ace fighter pilot or Idol. Definitely the kind of kid who could achieve his dreams, turn evil, or die tragically at roughly 1:1:2 odds.

[2] The other Imp is also a coward and villain. Has 'no preferred designation.'

[6] The Cancer... well, the good news is that it's a walking heavy weapons platform. During the war any significant number of advancing Cancers generally meant you were going to fall back, and you could decide to do that now or after they'd raked you with anti-tank weaponry to your satisfaction. The thought of having one on your side is really tempting. Unfortunately, they don't seem especially Idol-y; they're basically just a grunt soldier talent-wise.

The Next Day~
Spoiler: Upper Floor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lower Floor (click to show/hide)

You assemble not long after the previous shenanigans to take stock of your current shenanigans. The base, or at least its lower level, is completely trashed. The upper level is fine except that one of the giant windows- which can withstand laser fire- has somehow been blown out.

Originally, the base appeared to consist of six sections, each with its own supplementary power generator. The mechanics and hydroponics sections are completely trashed and little of worth is salvageable. Hydroponics are mainly for growing food though, and food just kind of makes it cheaper to keep interns on hand, so that's no great loss. Workshops are necessary for building and repairing, say, the giant robots you need to save the world, though, so that's a bit of a problem.

The labs are mostly intact although they're currently inhabited by a vicious gang preaching about the "End of the Age of Flesh." Coincidentally i-666, rocking a brand new catgirl body, is their new God.

The recording centers, hospitals, and a gym are all in pretty good condition. Not spotless, but manageable. The recording centers are handy for making Idols make money without any particular opportunities around, so that's good. The hospitals are a little less necessary, but if they get injured they'll need those to recover on site, so also nice. You're not actually sure what a gym is for as far as Idols go. Most of them are not very swole.

The hangars are damaged but salvageable, which means their robots are also damaged but salvageable, which means NOT HAVING ANY WORKSHOPS is a very slight problem. As promised there's six mechs, pretty basic models.

Spoiler: Standard Mech Stats (click to show/hide)

Aside from all this, the lower levels are strewn with debris and packs of candidates camping out. Some appear to have gone entirely feral, like very brightly colored raccoons, while others appear to be more civilized but possibly still cannibalistic gangs. They're not numerous or dense enough to cause immediate problems, but expanding into those areas may require dealing with those issues first. Also, gonna make for some real interesting footage if you try to give guided tours or create promotional material.

Then there's your Idols.

C0M-ER0N
Jormungara appears to have settled in nicely to her role as your evil subordinate. She's not exactly top-tier Idol material, but she's enthusiastic and good with mental attacks.
Spoiler: C0M-ER0N Idols (click to show/hide)

i-666
It's hard being as pretty as you are. A nice catgirl body made of writhing Not-Flesh, who can blame your adoring cannibal savages for turning their doomsday cult to your worship? And sure, you don't have any proper Idols, but who does? You'll be fine, and if you're really desperate you can grab a fanatical mook from the masses. You have also now gained Specialty: Horror as long as you possess your current form.
Spoiler: i-666 Idols (click to show/hide)

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
Technically, you don't have any Idols because you haven't formally signed them yet. In practice, you're gonna have to sign at least some of them to avoid a riot, at which point you'll have some muscle to aggressively not-sign the others. Unfortunately with so many candidates (none of them comfortable showing weakness) it's hard to get an accurate read on them all. These are your best guesses so far:
Spoiler: Creed Idols (click to show/hide)

Dariel Aegis
You have two Idols, zero workshops, and the labs are infested with garbage-armored girls who demand to know "Who Dares Approach the Voice of Transmission?!" Gonna be one of those days.
Spoiler: Dariel Idols (click to show/hide)

Quipzee Wit
You have Q signed, but her mysterious army evacuated and she dodges out of the subject. Oh well!
Spoiler: Quipzee Wit Idols (click to show/hide)

Tim
The shadow girl got away, but you've still got the light girl. For the next three turns, anyway.
Spoiler: Tim Idols (click to show/hide)

Let the first month commence! Publicly available Gigs are as follows. Each Idol may only work one Gig at a time, but unless otherwise stated there is no limit to how many Idols may take the same Gig. Conflicts may arise, however, especially if their Creeds do not match.
Spoiler: Known Gigs (click to show/hide)

Workshops (and most other basic buildings) cost 1,000 credits to produce and an open hex. Most of the ground floor hexes are occupied by something that will require clearing out at additional time and expense. The hangars are merely damaged and will require 500 credits apiece to repair, though they should operate mostly normally until then.

Spoiler: Managers (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Idols [Turn 0: More Or Less]
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2020, 12:02:30 am »

Dariel, having looked through the available gigs, meets with Gunboat and Ampere, and gives them each a list of the available gigs.
"Personally, I think it's best if one of you takes the Red Meat show and the other does the Terodyne Solutions job. I don't care a whole lot which of you does which, but please don't do the same one. The rescue operation could also be potentially good, but I don't think either of you would really benefit as much from it. If you want to do one of the other gigs, talk with me about it, but the simple fact of the matter is that the mechs we were given aren't great, and until the workshops are back up to snuff and the labs are evicted, we can't do much about that, so being able to just get equipment from the jobs is our best bet right now."

For his personal work, Dariel is going to go down to the workshops and see what equipment can be salvaged; anything that's been junked by the chaos will be rendered down to raw materials. If the total quantity of workshops after that is a fraction - or 0 - just pay to complete it. Once this is completed, then if there's time and a mech, repairs will be conducted upon it.
Additionally, Dariel will not be taking any of the Officer's Quarters, as he has no need of them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 12:43:39 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2020, 12:07:39 am »

Quipzee tells Q about the various gigs and asks which one she”s the most interested in doing
“One gig involves participating in a game show called Eed Meat Adventures, which involves making a foam city, one involves a rich Vine hiring people to giggle randomly, one involves flying a fighter jet through hazards, one involves fighting monsters at a reactor cluster, and one involves rescuing people trapped in a reactor core. I have a pet slime named Emote you can meet while you think about which job interests you, if you”d rather have me pick, that’s fine too.”
Quipzee picks a random open spot to build the emotion foundry and introduces Q to Emote, the emotion slime
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:04:55 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2020, 12:37:25 am »

Sign the following:
Vine Squad
Oden-6
Vik
Tui Akalnan.

The cancer is handy, but I was told that conventional weapons aren't terribly effective, so don't sign.

Nameless Imp, Bloodletter, and Cloy-bro can fight it out for the last slot, I'll take one of the three.  If they all refuse to fight, take none of them.

Build a workshop, a lab, a hospital, and a gym in the lower-left pod of the upper floor, near the glorious hole in the wall.  Set up my prefab recording studio near there, leaving a hole in the middle.

Repair the mech if possible at my new workshop.

Furious Aduenalgas, who are going on the Suprise Invasion! mission, will take the mech.

Get a better grasp of the catgirl's extra strength at the gym.  Or is it not a physical gym?

Personal orders are to get more information on my hires, and try to figure out what motivates each one.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:09:49 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2020, 05:39:00 pm »

A couple of the current gigs look like they could benefit from conventional force, the mech requirement is just for fighting gigantic abominations. If nothing else, the Cancer could be base security.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2020, 05:45:57 pm »

A couple of the current gigs look like they could benefit from conventional force, the mech requirement is just for fighting gigantic abominations. If nothing else, the Cancer could be base security.

((If we are making suggestions, Dr. Gyrations must be sent to the Papa Potluck mission. Do iiiiit!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12