Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Grim Idols [Turn 1: Evil Pays]  (Read 12968 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Idols [Turn 0: Exactly As Expected]
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2020, 08:09:17 pm »

“The position you have created has resulted in this unit having to say a permanent goodbye fellow enthusiastic idol-unit that didn’t desire to join my ever growing franchise, and you didn’t designate the act of the naming of your body, therefore in your closing moment C0M-ER0N shall refer to you Meatbag”

C0MMY leads a unified attack against the white-armored meatbag, with the assistance of him using his robot arms to pummel her into pieces. As well with the assistance of a final push from the Glamor Gals and Jormungara, it’s time for the termination unless she tries to plea guilty for challenging my authority

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2020, 08:51:11 pm »

Get the tank moving outside this time, and press the excess idols into crewing it.  Lets get to the target and break away.

Also, too many.  Should be a squad and 3 others, not like 11.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2020, 08:58:51 pm »

Convince these apocalyptic loons that I am their god. Or a prophet or something.
[2] "FOOLS! I AM YOUR GOD! HOW CAN YOU KILL A GOD?!"

They proceed to stuff you into some kind of device, presumably culinary in nature, and argue loudly about 'nutrition points'.

[Quietly] “Why did this happen to me.

[Loudly] “Listen, my name is Dariel Aegis, I’m one of the managers, and I assure you, we want Idols just as much as you all want to pilot the things! But before any of that can happen, I need to know if we even have an Audition Center where we can assess you, let alone knowing where it is! So if you are even hoping to get a position with us, I suggest you stop rioting and start being productive and looking for this thing!
Dariel also gets ready to deploy a force shield in the case the nearby crowd responds poorly to his declaration and tried to attack him.
[6] The crowd immediately turns of each other, screaming that they are the One True Idol here.

This involves grenades.

[5] You are knocked from your perch by concussive force, landing on a veritable sea of even-more-rioting candidates. They begin to grasp and tear, but fortunately Gunboat swings down on a severed cable, grabs you from the mob, and tosses you into a rent in the ceiling before leaping in herself. Someone promptly follows this up with a grenade, and the two of your are hurled via explosion through a cable shaft.

You skid to a smoking halt at some point, thoroughly convinced you have had better days than this.

[6] On the bright side, there's another hub just ahead. [6] On the less bright side, a Cloy appears to have hardwired herself into it and is literally glowing with power.

She notices you, obviously, and begins charging up for something. Gunboat finally notices and dislodges the shiv in her shoulder, staggering a bit.

”Who is that you are talking to? Do you lead a group? I’ve never seen people smile that wide before, if it starts to hurt your mouth you can lower the smile intensity”
"What? No! Just... friends, is all! Hahahaahaha... hah... ha ha ha ha ha... ha..."

She glances nervously at her communication device, which probably also has a clock in it.

The noise becomes the loud and distinctive hum of atmospheric propulsion craft, and several heavy black shapes streak overhead.

"GOODNESS LOOK AT THE TIME LET'S GO GO GO!" she yells, running full-tilt back towards the base. The ships drop low and brake hard, disgorging several black-clad soldiers armed with heavy rifles. They immediately take up positions in cover at the front of the building and start shouting orders.

Spoiler: GM only (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM only (click to show/hide)
[5][6][5]vs[3][4]

C0MMY spirals down towards the girl in white, fits spinning while informing her of her impending doom. The Glamour Gals lock arms into a living wedge and launch themselves forward like an ill-advised go-cart. Jormungara blasts a beam of purple at the target.

Tim creates a bright flash, dazzling everyone nearby and slightly throwing them off.

And the girl in white... well, first she clutches her head as the purple attack connects. Then she rocks back as a spinning robot rams into her. Finally, she's hurled out the window by a phalanx of robots, who go out right along with her.

She glares at the situation in mid-air, but doesn't seem out for the count yet.

Get the tank moving outside this time, and press the excess idols into crewing it.  Lets get to the target and break away.

Also, too many.  Should be a squad and 3 others, not like 11.
((That was the plan, but a bunch more made it in while you were trying to get the ones you wanted. You can't swear each claim is unique; everyone's talking at once and you just met these jackasses and you're trying to pilot a tank here.))

[5] "ALRIGHT CREW TO YOUR STATIONS, WE ARE MOVING OUT!" you bellow with the last of your air. Everyone scrambles for a position immediately, allowing you to get off the ground and stagger to the pilot's seat, which now has some kind of weird hoverpod in it.

Eh, close enough.

[3] You barrel out without too much incident, but some kind of military force you don't recognize has apparently taken up position at the entrance and a dull explosion rings out from underneath you as you break free. Hopefully no damage, but it's hard to tell sometimes.

[1] A very loud whirring-lasers sound also starts up from above, and the hatch starts to glow faintly red. You don't like the look of that at all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2020, 09:02:51 pm »

You skid to a smoking halt at some point, thoroughly convinced you have had better days than this.
This includes every other day other than when the eldritch monster showed up.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I'm not one of the prospectives, I'm a manager, we're not in competition over anything. Can you give me your name? And, what exactly are you doing? I'd prefer to keep this place in at least somewhat functioning order."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2020, 09:07:35 pm »

Follow Q

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2020, 09:14:58 pm »

Oh, to hell with it. Being turned into a meal right now would be inconvenient, so let's just let a little eldritch tide through. You know, just enough to turn everyone within a few meters into gibbering mad abominations, nothing big.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2020, 09:27:55 pm »

Eyes on the prize (The halo idol).  Yell at the unexpected guests that they weren't chosen to be shortlisted, and if they want a chance they need to repel those boarders.  Keep moving as best I can towards the halo idol.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2020, 09:40:13 pm »

“Foul play fellow idol-managing person, your betrayal has been noted down in my memory scripts as a crime of the highest order. It’s time to show punishment for those that go against me, but my scripts also to show some mercy. You have a final chance to surrender, Meatbag, has your decision making algorithms finally find the correct choice”

Tell Jormungara to hold off with the blasting and have C0MMY to send a surrender request towards the Idol, with the Glamor Girls backing off and forming a wide line around C0MMY. Initiate retaliation efforts, if she uses this as an opportunity to strike at me

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2020, 12:42:19 am »

This includes every other day other than when the eldritch monster showed up.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I'm not one of the prospectives, I'm a manager, we're not in competition over anything. Can you give me your name? And, what exactly are you doing? I'd prefer to keep this place in at least somewhat functioning order."
[4] She lights up (literally) when you explain yourself.

"AHAHAHA PERFECT! NOW YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SIGN ME TO AN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT!"

You're starting to suspect that explaining yourself calmly isn't very calming.

Follow Q
She runs towards the building, dives out of the way of a giant tank, scrambles to her feet and skids to a halt next to one of the black-armored soldiers.

"What are you doing?! Advance!" she shouts at him.

"Engage!" he in turn shouts, and they start firing into the crowd with what are apparently shock rifles.

[4] This seems to work pretty well at dispersing the crowd, though some of them fire back in response. Q takes cover.

"Haha see? Pretty good at crowd control! You should definitely whip up a contract now."

She gives you two thumbs up and that same overwide plastic smile as before.

Oh, to hell with it. Being turned into a meal right now would be inconvenient, so let's just let a little eldritch tide through. You know, just enough to turn everyone within a few meters into gibbering mad abominations, nothing big.
[3] You stretch in ways that nothing of this world can, and the cannibals recoil. You manage to wriggle out from under the cooking device's lid and flop to safety.

...well, almost. Someone catches you as you plop, gripping your false flesh tight and staring intently at you.

[2] "Flesh of a god to become a god," she whispers, licking her lips.

Eyes on the prize (The halo idol).  Yell at the unexpected guests that they weren't chosen to be shortlisted, and if they want a chance they need to repel those boarders.  Keep moving as best I can towards the halo idol.
[4] They start yelling loudly but mostly move to position.

[1]vs[3] The compartment explodes. You're not sure how or why, but there's a loud explosion, you're knocked against the control panel, and there's smoke everywhere. Glancing back reveals the drill hasn't actually penetrated yet, so this is likely a screwup on the part of your stowaways.

[1] The viewscreen shows your halo idol is no longer at her former position, and due to the commotion neither you nor the pod-driving Imp at the helm saw where she went.

“Foul play fellow idol-managing person, your betrayal has been noted down in my memory scripts as a crime of the highest order. It’s time to show punishment for those that go against me, but my scripts also to show some mercy. You have a final chance to surrender, Meatbag, has your decision making algorithms finally find the correct choice”

Tell Jormungara to hold off with the blasting and have C0MMY to send a surrender request towards the Idol, with the Glamor Girls backing off and forming a wide line around C0MMY. Initiate retaliation efforts, if she uses this as an opportunity to strike at me
You deliver your ultimatum, while ordering your Glamour Girls to fall back. The ones currently in mid-air, flying further out the window attached to the idol you're threatening. They do not appear to know how to do that.

[4][6]vs[3] She grabs hold of the phalanx and spins them around her, clearly intending to not-surrender. You order Jormungara and the Glamour Girls to initiate retaliation routines, before realizing you have no way to strike her at range. You float over to punch her some more.

She hurls the entire phalanx at you, but it's an awkward weapon and you dodge around. You can't quite reach her to punch her before she gets hit by Jormungara's attack and falls out of the sky.

It's not a long drop, but that still looks like it hurt.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2020, 12:45:17 am »

"If they get in, you'll likely be too dead to sign."

Order the remaining idols to defend the tank.  Just continue leaving the area.. try to evaluate the remaining ones as best I can.

(That's five ones out of six dice, Irony.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 01:23:52 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2020, 12:47:12 am »

"Now that they've screwed up, get to it."

Order the remaining idols to defend the tank.  Keep moving around, looking for halo-girl

(That's six consecutive ones, Irony.)

((If they end up getting you killed I might get your spot. This is awesome.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2020, 12:50:40 am »

(I'm just utterly frustrated at not being able to recruit the idol I managed to see on turn one despite having those as my orders every single turn, and having additional idols thrown at me just when I had a group I could work with.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2020, 12:53:00 am »

(I'm just utterly frustrated at not being able to recruit the idol I managed to see on turn one despite having those as my orders every single turn, and having additional idols thrown at me just when I had a group I could work with.)

((You have a literal tank full of flawless Idol candidates! Don't be greedy!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2020, 12:57:09 am »

"Exclusive, no, contract, yes. I assure you, there's plenty of spots. Now please, for the love of God, just tell me who you are and what the hell you're doing with that hub."

Dariel, despite having most of his methods of displaying emotions compromised by the lack of any real face, has been displaying more and more exhausted body language as the situation has continued.
How long has it even been so far? Half an hour? It's felt so much damn longer.

Keep the shield projector at the ready in case Bad ShitTM occurs.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2020, 12:58:59 am »

"Once a peasant, always a peasant! Prove yourself now, or get out of my sight!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12