Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Heist (Players Welcome)  (Read 21867 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Heist (Players Welcome)
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2020, 04:22:16 am »

Well,its friday here. Maybe time to get started?

Provided Egan_BW actually sees this
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2020, 08:18:26 am »

Code: [Select]
Votebox for future GM when weekend waiting fails
Naturegirl1999
WyrdByrd
Sprinkled chariot (1) SuperDino85
0cra_tr0per
Egan_BW (4) Egan_BW, CABL, TCK, King Zultan

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2020, 12:04:46 pm »

oh dear

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2020, 01:39:16 pm »

Egan didn’t you say you could only do one turn before you burn out?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2020, 01:56:40 pm »

There are some error bars on that, but yes.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 07, 2020, 02:09:33 pm »

Ok now I’m trying to decide if I should be worried or not...

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 07, 2020, 09:15:58 pm »

Well then, maybe me can switch GMs everyturn :P

This is more of a joke than a suggestion

Also, how is turn writing coming long?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 07, 2020, 09:52:20 pm »

Would quoting all actions in a single post help you? I can do that if it would help

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2020, 10:56:46 pm »

I just asked the OP, and the update is coming tomorrow.
it's over

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2020, 11:47:22 am »

Ok

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2020, 08:44:19 pm »

Sooooo...umm...update?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2020, 08:59:29 pm »

I'm going to consider myself scot-free here until at least monday. Hopefully the actual GM posts by then. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2020, 12:06:21 pm »

I'm going to consider myself scot-free here until at least monday. Hopefully the actual GM posts by then. :P

Well, it's monday. Turns out I still don't really want to do work. Could someone collect all the actions and the latest turn's end spoilers into one post?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2020, 12:33:13 pm »

Here's the actual last turn:
Urist
[6] Urist words shake the air, the ground, reality itself. The words are hear across the entire world, and then proceed to spread to the rest of the galaxy and nearby planes of reality.

The effects are imminent. Moons blow up, entire cities are engulfed in flames, cattle dies, the ground becomes sand... Famine strikes everywhere, and new uknown ilnesses appear on multiple towns.

While chaos erupts across multiple mortal worlds, demigods and legendary warriors grab their weapons, ready for a worthy opponent. Meanwhile, many gods of war scream in joy and they proceed to observe Earth, as it's about to become the largest bloodshed of all times. Armok is pleased by Urist actions.

[5] With Lushkana on side, Urist proceeds to dig deeper than any other dwarf has ever gone before. He breaks through the adamantium vein, and after a matter of minutes, Urist reaches it. The Underworld. The dim ligh of the surface creates some visibility, as the etherial light the vortexs generate is not enough for Ursit. Suddenly, he realises that he is being watched. The Chosen of Armok slowly descends until he reaches the ground.

Immediatley, he hears snarls all around him, as demons crawl on the edge of his vision. Even on this form, Urist can but feel a chill crawl on his back, but the demons seem apparentley unwilling to confont him. Suddenly, multiple howls are heard, as demons realise that there is a tunnel all the way to the surface. More howls are heard, and suddenly, Urist has towards the surface, as a swarm of demons start to crawl on top of each other to reach the tunnel. Once they do, they start ascending, with victorious screeches.

Lily
[4] Lily raises and starts deflecting the oncoming debris, through punches and kicks, knocking away the smaller debris. Thanks to that, the golden dragon avoids getting crushed and manages to run several more meters.

[2] Suddenly, the dragons legs give up, and he falls to the ground, also knocking Lily over. Both of them roll several meters before stopping. Lily looks up, sconfused by the impact, and sees the wave of collapse is practically upon them.

[5] Lily raises her hand, while rushing towards the dragon. Immediatley, all metals on the nearby areas start swirling, creating some sort of dome around both of them. Lily screams, as she suddenly has to hold several meters of debris. The weight knocks her wind off and almost makes her fall, but she manages to withstand it. AFter a few minutes, the rubble stops hitting, but both of them are still underground. Lily's muscles scream in pain from having them hold all this weight, but her regeneraitive abilities help turn the situation into a stalemate.

Meanwhile, the wealth dragon doesnt seem to be going anywhere soon. It's too tired, and it simply rests on the ground. Upon being asked if Draggie it's a good name, it simply makes a feeble roar, which seems to say "yeah, sure, whatever."

Noname
[4] Noname stays very still, and shows no sign of agression. The robots have too many contradictory values, so they simply put pincecuffs on Noname to ensure that the doesn't move around too much, and take the mantis inside the Level 2, clearly taking Noname to a cell. Looking around, Noname realises that the guards here are far better armed than the ones on the Level 1, and they seem less terrified than a normal human is when it sees a giant mantis. Noname can only wonder what Level 3 is like.

Suddenly, something is heard, like ancient words talking, giving everyone but the robots a headache. Suddenly, something breaches through the ceiling and descends upon the floor, creating a smooth tunnel. The godly creature keeps descending, while the robots approach the hole, inspecting it, while leaving Noname alone. Meanwhile, the guards haven't recovered, and they are still blinking in shock.

Suddenly, half of the robots in the room start running through the hidden tunnels in the floor and walls. It seems something else has picked their attention.

Durg
[5] The truth is, Durg realises, all creatures are not born equal. Well, tecnically they are, because at the grand scheme of things, they are nothing. But how can they be nothing, if they are soo diverse. Like a dwarf and a gnom are not the same thing, existance and lack of ergo are not the same thing, by far. It sounds like a joke, or nonsense, but in truth, no joke has to makes sense. In fact, Durg ponders, while watching the endless road go by, nothing truly makes sense. No one is born on purpose, everyones choices are influenced by forces outside their own, and everyones death isn't something they desire.

Unless, Durg hinks absently, while drinking another beer, they actually desire it. But at the same time, it goes back to the second aspect of nonsensical life, they are influenced by outside forces of their own, which push them in one direction or another. But what about prophecies? Heroes of legend of chosen swords, and predestined fates seem to prevail at all odds, killing thosuands of Kobolds. Were those Kobolds also forced under strings beyond their understanding to be killed uner the enchanted sword of a hero?

Truly a wonderful thought, but quite depresing, it means there is absolute no free will on this world, not even their thoughts own thoughts can be trusted. Everyone is dictated by the words of beings beyond the powers of Eldritch Abominations. But what do this forces truly do? Are there forces more powerful than others? It's all just a single force, like a rope, composed of smaller ropes? Or more like a tapestry? Are the thoughts Durg is writing on this book his own, or someone else's madness.

Durg suddenly stops, realising he has finished the book. It's about five hundred pages of interesing philosophy, wondering about life and the meaning of it.

He sets the book aside while looking at the night sky from his campfire, while observing his lighting staff.

[6] Suddenly a vortex appears out of nowhere, and some sort of old man with lots of magical objects emerges from it. He looks around, dazed. "So this is the plane of existence where the CHosen of Armok stated his challenge! That's cool!"

Suddenly, he notices Durg. the old man watches the Kobold with fascination, before putting a rather odd gas mask on his face. "Hello Durg! I'm Dukarenan! Wow, what a funny looking toy you have there! Let me fix it!"

Dukarenan grabs the lighting staf, and inserts inside a black mirror and then breaks it, before Durg can't even comprehend what's going on. Suddenly, the crystals reform into a a cane, longer than Durg, with a purple crystal on top. The crystal even seems to contain a storm inside.

"Okay, now it should have limitless charges, and you should be able to manipulate far better the energy, as well as controling the power of the sky. Now, in exchange, you could tell me where I can find that Dwarf, which has been chosen by Armok.

Tamatoa
[2] Tamatoa tries to expand the hole, but suddenly, one robot emerges and starts punching him in the face, forcing him away from the hole, while another robot begans to emerge from the hole, and a third ones hand grabs the border.

[4] Tamatoa doesn't heasitate. He dodges the first robot and slams it's head on the wall, deactivating it instantly. The crab immediatley realises that their weak point is their heads. There's not much time to react because the second robots lunges at him. Tamatoa kicks it with one of it's rear legs, and penetrates it's head with the foot. Quickly, he pushes the third robot downwards, along with all the other robots that were climbing. Looking down, he realises it has momentaraly obstructed the passage.

Joe
[5] Joe immediatley organises the people and search for engineers. Clearly, there must be someone who studied in engineering. And after several tests, he finds the perfect man Elbart Shiild. He is a citizen of German upbringing, for some reason, and is joyous when he is chosen as the head for architecture. He immediatley starts designing efficient factories, and in a matter of hours, the Great State of Joe is producing all types of weaponry, guns, snipers, bazookas, grenades... Elbert has also began setting a factory for tanks, and tells Joe about his plans of the future for planes.

[2] Sadly, the creation of soldiers isn't going so well. The five fanatical guards have tried to train people, but the memories of Regular City's civil war are far too recent. No one answers to the draft, and the five fanatical guards return to Joe, as they didn't want to coerce the population through killing before asking him first.

Suddenly, powerful and ancient words are heard across the sky, as it turns red as blood. These words proclaim promises of vengenace, carnage and blood. The Naxi Joeists began screaming believing that the Ancient Gods are here to punsih them.

4chan
[2] Once hearing the answer, Tarkin only chuckles darkly. He proceeds with the next speech.

Quote from: Tarkin's Speech
Now I've seen everything. A world which hasn't achieved light speed capabilities, orders me, one of the most efficient members of the Empire, who do you think you are, the Empereor? No, we won't destroy that security complex you talk about. We will take all that is of value, and once we return to Coruscant, we will send several Star Destroyers to subjugate this backwater planet.

The last thing that's heard before cutting off the transmission is this:

Warn Lord Vader! We will send him along severad squadrons of Stormtroopers to secure the base before the rest of us arrive!

[AT347:2] Meanwhile, the robot is shot on the remaining arm, fully immobilizing. Then, with a powerful beam, they blow up it's head. Leaving the body on the floor while they close blackpeoplemeet.com.

[botnet:6] New notification! Well, this can't be worst than last time...

Quote from: ???
WE ARE THE BORG. LOWER YOUR SYSTEMS AND SURRENDER YOUR PLANET. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVNESS TO OUR OWN. YOU CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Oh, shit.

This new notification seems to come from the other end of the solar system, but fastly approaching.

Automatic Action

Quote from: Alpha Theta 347
[Defending the base:3]

There aren't enough robots to spare, so Alpha-Theta 347 is forced to send several of the ones that were send to capture the heisters against the Heisters.

Quote from: Bob
[Avoiding the Cradians:1]

The Cradians quickly notice Bob, and once they realise he is from the Syindicate, they proceed to shoot him, nonstop. Bob screams as he feels the heats burning his cells away. It will take a few seconds.

Quote from: JFAG
[Avoiding the Cradians:4]

The four Geckos quickly enter the tunnel and start descending downstairs. Once they arrive to the bottom, they realise the keypad that controls this door is gone. At the same time, they hear Cradians scream, and fall through the stairs, as they have never seen somethign like this before. The majority ends up unconscious, but the ones that remain awoken look at the JFAG angrily and began raising their blasters at them, but concussion makes it difficult to aim.

Spoiler: Durg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joesus Christ (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lilypool (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tamotoa (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alpha-Theta 347 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4chan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noname (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Urist McSickleHammer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BOB (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Locations (click to show/hide)

IKEArminator Charge Progress: [4] = 65%
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:34:50 pm by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19