Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [SG] Crowdsourced Apocalypse- Authors Thread  (Read 5237 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
[SG] Crowdsourced Apocalypse- Authors Thread
« on: December 06, 2019, 07:47:57 am »

So http://www.aidungeon.io/ gave me this idea... AI Dungeon 2 is a neural network that generates an endless text adventure game that you can type any response to, and it'll keep the story going.

The idea here is that in another thread, people vote in a command for what the protagonist will do, which will be locked in after two or more people +1 it. This thread will be the thread where people act as the "AI" and vote in on what will happen as a response to the players' actions. You can post in both threads, but I imagine it'd be more fun to stick to only one.

You may wonder: Wait, Cinder, you're basically making us write our own suggestion game? Well, yes, but the idea is to make a suggestion game that is crowdsourced and thus updates really, really fast. I'm kind of busy and still need time to work on my other game, Soup Kitchen...

Gameplay Thread
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:36:53 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] AI Dungeon 2077 - Authors Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 07:54:53 am »

Also, note that whenever you guys want to end the current run and restart, you can just kill off the protagonist.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Crowdsourced Adventure - Authors Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 08:17:24 am »

So far Apocalyptic has been chosen, let’s wait for more votes

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 08:22:13 am »

((Also, I'll be posting most of my OOC stuffs on the Gameplay thread so that I don't have to say things twice.))

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:58:10 am »

((Can I just say how frustrating it is that the day you introduce the amazing concept of AIdungeon 2 to me, it just stops working entirely?)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 10:01:40 am »

the idea is to make a suggestion game that is crowdsourced and thus updates really, really fast.
It only updates once every 48 hours (or slower.) That's fast for an SG, but not really, really fast.
I would suggest that any action that gets +1ed goes into this thread, same with the response. We could go for 2 approvals instead if you think that's too chaotic.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 10:16:10 am »

the idea is to make a suggestion game that is crowdsourced and thus updates really, really fast.
It only updates once every 48 hours (or slower.) That's fast for an SG, but not really, really fast.
I would suggest that any action that gets +1ed goes into this thread, same with the response. We could go for 2 approvals instead if you think that's too chaotic.
Sounds good to me.

We are now doing Apocalyptic, write yer intros.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:17:59 am by Cinder »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 10:27:10 am »

The apocalypse, ever since it was announced that WW3 had begun, and the USA and Russia dropped their nukes on each other, this caused a cascade of allies of each to be dragged into the war. Many nukes were dropped by those who had them on large cities and military bases. Luckily, some built underground bunkers before this, including you. People thought you were crazy, that those who built bunkers for something that would never happen we’re crazy. You were not crazy, as you found out when you looked outside and saw that the city near your country home was completely destroyed, building leveled, fires everywhere.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 05:25:12 pm »

It is a nice day to be alive. Well that is assuming you prefer zombies to gridlock and a 9-5 job. You miss coffee though. As you gather yourself to face another day of scavenging you begin to reflect upon your past: You were

a) a US citizen, in Chicago.
b) a German burger in Lower Saxony
c) a Russian peasant near Novosibirsk
d) a former child soldier in Sierra Leone
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 05:43:05 pm »

It is a nice day to be alive. Well that is assuming you prefer zombies to gridlock and a 9-5 job. You miss coffee though. As you gather yourself to face another day of scavenging you begin to reflect upon your past: You were

Yes, let’s go with this. Mine didn’t have choices and was more like a prologue

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »

Zombies was its own separate genre from apocalyptic though...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2019, 08:34:58 pm »

The apocalypse, ever since it was announced that WW3 had begun, and the USA and Russia dropped their nukes on each other, this caused a cascade of allies of each to be dragged into the war. Many nukes were dropped by those who had them on large cities and military bases. Luckily, some built underground bunkers before this, including you. People thought you were crazy, that those who built bunkers for something that would never happen we’re crazy. You were not crazy, as you found out when you looked outside and saw that the city near your country home was completely destroyed, building leveled, fires everywhere.

A year later,

It is a nice day to be alive. Well that is assuming you prefer raiders to gridlock and a 9-5 job. You miss coffee though. As you gather yourself to face another day of scavenging you begin to reflect upon your past: You were

e) something else

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 09:00:44 pm »

A year later,

It is a nice day to be alive. Well that is assuming you prefer raiders to gridlock and a 9-5 job. You miss coffee though. As you gather yourself to face another day of scavenging you begin to reflect upon your past: You were

e) something else
Yes. I like it when multiple ideas can work together like this

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 10:43:43 pm »

A year later,

e) something else
Yes. I like it when multiple ideas can work together like this

Seems a good enough start. Let's get this rolling
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Crowdsourced Apocalypse- Authors Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 08:35:53 am »

Action

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5