Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure  (Read 47314 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure
« Reply #165 on: October 15, 2020, 07:26:02 am »

I think of the AI like a DM in DnD, like it has a story in mind but you the PC are just like LOL I ROLL TO WIN and he's just like >8|

On the other hand, DM is requiring a will save against man's violent nature for every action taken. Wanton violence is the player's job!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:27:51 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2020, 01:04:54 pm »

It still takes a good deal of retrying and mistake correction to guide it in the Macro but little moments play out beautifully.

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2020, 01:43:56 pm »

First off, the spoiler below has nothing to do with the next couple of paragraphs, it is just a short, entertaining story where the AI made up its mind about a character at the very start of the story and stuck with that choice in what I felt were humorous ways. I hope at least a few people find it entertaining.
Now that that is out of the way, I feel like the main issue people (mostly unknowingly) have while using AI dungeon is that they aren't providing the AI with the information correctly. Most people wind up falling into one of two groups. The first group is the one everybody starts in, they have no idea how the system works, so they just react to the story the AI produces and interact with the AI almost entirely through the do, say, or story buttons. This is actually perfectly fine for a decent amount of time as long as they make sure to correct any mistakes in the AI output. However, it is terrible for story consistency because once any information has passed out of the AI's memory it is gone forever.
Based on quite a few scenarios I have looked through, I suspect many people then over-correct from this behavior. Filling their remember/pin storage to the max with every detail about their life, their friend's lives, and descriptions of every item they are carrying and every where they found them. They then fill out extremely detailed world info entries for their character, every party member, every item, and every town they have ever visited. Interestingly enough, this approach will almost certainly cause the AI to derail the story constantly.

Here are a few tips I have either come up with or adopted that have successfully kept some of my lengthier stories on track without too much hassle. the main thing is to keep things LEAN. Trim all the excess details from non-story sources. First of all, the AI will never reliably utilize the fact that plump helmets are your third favorite beverage ingredient, but your absolute favorite sentient humanoid intelligent plant man race. More importantly though, the things you pin to remember, and every world entry that is loaded at the moment eat space that would otherwise be more of the story output being sent to the AI. This is why I keep my remember limited to information about my character's name, who they are travelling with if it's important, environment I'm in if it's important, and my current goals/afflictions. Once something is no longer actively important to the story I will remove it from the remember section and set up a world info entry if I think it might become important again. I try to keep my world info entries as short as possible as well. It is usually important to mention the world info keyword in the actual world info entry if you want the AI to associate the key with the entry though. Also be careful with world info keys, because it is just looking for the string of letters. For example, if you have a world entry for a person named 'Cally' it would be loaded every time something magi'cally' happened. As a final pointer, the AI will as often as not ignore negatives in sentences, so I find it is usually easier to rephrase sentences so they don't contain negatives (especially not) as often as possible.

Warning: The following has been rated PG for suggestive(o.O) themes and smoking.
Spoiler: Angie the spy (click to show/hide)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2020, 03:53:30 pm »

Whenever I try this, the story just gets ridiculous. Here is an example of my latest attempt.

You are Herlock Sholmes, a detective living in Chicago. You have a pistol and a police badge. You enter the forest where you believe the criminal you're searching for fled to. Suddenly you see a woman hiding behind a large oak tree. She approaches to reveal herself as the missing Countess, Helena. She tells you that she has been kidnapped by the bandit leader John Shade.

> You say "Where is the bandit leader now?"
She shows you that she has a gun pressed against her head. She tells you that the bandit leader is currently interrogating her in his hideout.

> You head to the hideout.
You quickly get there, and find it surrounded by a large number of lawmen. When you arrive, the lawmen restrain themselves and begin quietly backing away.
You enter the hideout with Helena.

So A woman appears from behind a tree, shows me she has a gun pointed to her head and is being interrogated inside a hideout, so we go to the hideout together and confront the leader.... Immediately off the rails. And then later the hostage mourns the dead bandit leader as if we tried to save him.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2020, 04:27:19 pm »

Maybe she has a bad case of Stockholm syndrome?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2020, 05:42:04 pm »

You do have to help the AI along sometimes. Just edit its response to make more sense and it will slowly make more sense in its future responses as it takes all of the previous text in as context. Don't be afraid to just hit retry a few times too, to get something usable.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 05:48:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2020, 03:39:12 am »

You were only a carnie for a few weeks, but you remember the large number of undead that could be summoned by those who knew the ritual.

It knows.

AI Dungeon informed me that the undead creatures are more interested in building model structures than attacking people, thankfully.

(Context: I had died in an adventure and continued to advance the story. My body was dug up by the creatures, and the game retconned me into having been a carnie in my past life, which apparently involves making pacts with the Dark Gods.)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:49:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 03, 2020, 09:52:05 pm »

I haven't really been using AI dungeon all that much recently because since around mid October I have been having way more instances of the AI generating incoherent sentences and absolute gibberish text. It could just be weird variance, it might be some of the random behind the scenes work that has been done to make the stories more coherent, or it might be some sort of attempt at keeping the costs down on the reportedly ludicrous operational costs. That said, they have recently introduced several new worlds with intriguing starting lore, and the recent Lovecraftian scenario they are currently slapping you in the face with can result in some cool stories. I have a story generated based on one of the older horror themed worlds that I have shared here, and a different adventure based on the Cthulhu-based main page scenario I might end up putting up in the future.

A bit of backstory about this adventure is that I made a commoner named Dave as a character serving under a cruel Lich king fully expecting either die in the first 5-10 actions (and probably get resurrected to serve in an undead army), or to humbly toil away with nothing interesting ever happening to him. Instead, the second I started the story a world event where the Lich king had died and they were looking for a replacement triggered.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2020, 11:29:21 pm »

||* Silly AI. Things were going pretty smoothtly up to this point, but fortunately it stayed pretty tame.||

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 07, 2020, 11:12:24 am »

I haven't really been using AI dungeon all that much recently because since around mid October I have been having way more instances of the AI generating incoherent sentences and absolute gibberish text.

Unfortunately, it's probably because it has become popular enough to attract people who just try to get it to say ridiculous things. The AI will typically just go along with whatever you type in, and so users have a lot of power to instigate inane situations, and non-sequiturs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 07, 2020, 02:45:24 pm »

I haven't really been using AI dungeon all that much recently because since around mid October I have been having way more instances of the AI generating incoherent sentences and absolute gibberish text.

Unfortunately, it's probably because it has become popular enough to attract people who just try to get it to say ridiculous things. The AI will typically just go along with whatever you type in, and so users have a lot of power to instigate inane situations, and non-sequiturs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a much better saw movie
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2020, 08:22:23 pm »

So AI Dungeon is implementing an energy system to help them engage in monetization. Cutting-edge AI, after all, is expensive, and you have to pay the bills somehow. The blog posts about that system are here:

AI Energy

AI Energy Update

As I don't use AI Dungeon all that often, I'll probably don't have to worry about using up my Energy (and if I do, I'll probably just switch to manually completing the text rather than waiting for the energy to recharge). I'm also paying $10/month, which means I would get "unlimited Griffin + limited Dragon", so if I do run out of Energy and still want to keep playing, I could temporarily switch over to Griffin (which still uses GPT-3, though not as effectively as Dragon).

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2020, 08:28:30 pm »

Just as a heads up to people who don't follow AID news, AI Dungeon is transitioning from a two tier free/premium play model to a 4 tier free/5/10/30 buck a month subscription system. They haven't totally settled on every aspect, but this is what happened so far. Initially they announced an energy system for all users. Every AI output would cost one energy, with the first two rerolls per output being free. Everybody would earn 100 energy every 8 hours. People who wanted more energy would use a system wide currency called "dragon scales" that you (for the time being) have to buy with cash to recharge the bar.
After much negative feedback, the following changes have (as of when I started writing this) been made. The energy bar capacity has increased from 100 -> 2000. They have said the first 100 energy is faster, which some people have assumed means faster than the old system, however to me it seems more likely that it just slows down past the 100 energy point. (Energy gains seem the least cemented of the system changes)
The lowest tier gives access to the griffin version of AI dungeon without it using energy. The second tier adds access to the dragon version, but access is limited using the above mentioned energy system. The final tier will grant access to the dragon AI model with no need to worry about energy. I would assume that all tiers of subscriptions grant access to all the various 'premium' benefits; text-to-speech,scripts, author's notes, randomness slider, RPG like stats, and anything else I might have have forgotten. Also you might end up getting some scales per month for the different tiers. Some people have already gotten "early access" to the energy bar, for everybody else it will be randomly rolling out to a dungeon near you soon(TM)
I have been beaten to the punch as I was typing it seems. above is a sort of TLDR.
Fun fact, some hardcore users of the dragon model are reportedly costing more than a hundred bucks a month worth of token usage.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2020, 07:07:16 am »

The griffin engine is pretty good by itself, they say the dragon version is 100x more powerful. Kinda tempted to try a subscription just for that...

It creeps me out when the AI starts asking you why you're in its dream though. Pls don't be sentient already

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2020, 09:03:16 am »

Dragon is pretty solid. Also I want the Dev to have money because he made a text based holodeck.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17