Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure  (Read 47315 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: AI Dungeon 2: AI Based Text Adventure
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2020, 12:28:22 am »

Jacob died with but one regret: He never got to sue the shuttle company.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2020, 12:30:24 am »

Maybe one of us could do a custom prompt as one of the characters in that story, who knows, maybe it’ll make sense

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2020, 01:12:44 pm »

https://play.aidungeon.io/main/scenarioView?id=scenario%3A763938

I made a very basic Dwarf fortress scenario.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »

https://play.aidungeon.io/main/scenarioView?id=scenario%3A763938

I made a very basic Dwarf fortress scenario.

You are Urist, male dwarf . You are a legendary cheesemaker. You like garnet, granite, gold. You dislike llamas. You worship armok, god of blood.

You are living in a dwarf fortress named Spire Daggers. It is located in mountain. There are settlements of several other races nearby: elf, dwarf, human.

Today, you wake up early in your room and hear a large explosion from the market square. You walk out of your room and down the stairs.

In the middle of the market square, there is a burning tree.

I already have so many questions

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2020, 06:09:38 pm »

This is already amazing.

> You find a bucket and start putting out the fire with water from the well.
You look around and find a bucket. You quickly run to the well for water and bring it back. You throw the water on the burning tree until it's put out.
A strange voice comes from behind you.
"You've saved the tree. Very good."
When you turn around, you see an elf standing there.
"Thank you," the elf says.

> You hit the elf with the bucket.
You swing the bucket at the elf, but he catches it.
"I am not your enemy."
You pull out your blade and stab him. He falls to the ground.
"Your kindness will be rewarded."
You grab the elf's hand. His head falls to the ground. Whatever this elf was talking about, you didn't like it and killed him.
Later on that day, a giant attacks your fort.

> You ring the alarm bells and summon the marksdwarves to the battlements.
You ring the alarm bells and call for all dwarves to the battle the giant on the ramparts! The marksdwarves quickly scramble to their stations and prepare their weapons.
The giant continues to smash into the fort.

> You throw wheels of cheese at the giant, hoping to distract it while the marksdwarves attack.
You quickly scramble along the ramparts and begin chucking wheels of cheese at the giant. The giant is so distracted by the wheels of cheese in his face that he doesn't see a large rock hurtling towards his head and hits it, destroying its eye and giving its dead body a most spectacular decapitation, spraying bits of brain and blood in several directions.
"Goodbye, giant!" Ulivik cries.

> You cheer for the crews of the catapult that slew the mighty giant.
You cheer for the groups of dwarves who were firing cannon and catapults at the giant. Their magnificent work is evident, as upon impact the rock tore off part of the giant's sword arm and crushed his skull.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2020, 01:47:23 am »

It is a proper way to treat elves, my friend.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2020, 08:19:24 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2020, 11:14:40 pm »

Haven't played this in ages, started up the "hardcore survival" scenario, whatever it's called.   
I wasn't taking it very seriously, just attempting to eat pretty much everything in sight, but I somehow completed the "find a weapon" quest - thanks to someone lodging said weapon in the base of my skull. Mine now, I guess?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2020, 04:24:30 am »

This thing seems to make some of the funniest shit, I should probably play it at some point.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

slowdraw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2020, 02:40:51 pm »

This was a short tale that the generic witch prompt came up with for me a little over a week ago. Aside from having to stop the witch from replying to herself early on this is just how it played out. I present it here to document the bizarre world of AI Dungeon.
After that the AI decided to accelerate time until the end of the world. We will never know the outcome of Sir Ignacious and his noble quest against the wizard thieves. I rolled the story back to before Ignacious left so that I could go with him, but aside from my alligator eating some people after we made camp not a whole lot worth mentioning happened in the uhh... alternate timeline(?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2020, 06:03:35 pm »

Maybe the reactions from Blimpu’s potion making made a gas s/he didn’t know about, putting him/her into a trance he/she couldn’t break. This gas apparently has mind splitting effects on alligators and possibly other reptiles, explaining the conversation Chompchomp had with itself

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2020, 10:37:56 am »

Man. I love AI Dungeon but there is always a point where the AI just disregards the meticulous filled out world info and memory (1k less) and screws continuity.

Like being on a space ship for forty actions.... then going to the inn with your wizard friends (redo) getting ready for high school (redo) getting ready for the dance (redo) talking about the party last night...

No matter how I reorganize memory or world info, I usually have to write about a paragraph to get any semblance of continuity back on track.
Oddly my longest coherent story was over 250 actions before World Info was added. I love the idea of World Info but it kinda feels like the story falls apart quicker. I strongly suspect that more in the remember field reduces how well it follows world info right now.

Boy, If we ever get room temperature superconductors I will love to see how good a future GPT model will be with a higher character limit on context/memory, lol.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2020, 11:52:01 am »

The AI was trained on fanfiction, so it's not making things up-just feeding you lines from the fanfic that it thinks resembles what you mean. This is evident if you continue without doing an action, as it will start pulling characters out of thin air while reading it to you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2020, 11:53:52 am »

I’m curious, does it use the other adventures it’s simulated as data as well? Learning from what others put?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2020, 12:50:48 pm »

I've played around with AI Dungeon, at least the free version. I had a story where I started as an Imperial Guardsman shooting at chaos units in a trench, hopping into a tank to fire at an enemy psyker, leading my squad into some ruins where we fought off some Khorne beserkers at the cost of the entire squad, then I had to fight my sergeant because he turned traitor. Afterwards I explained the situation to the inquisitor and joined up with his stormtroopers to question the mayor.

I had to do a lot of leading to get the A.I. to stick to a general plot. Another one where I was testing I started as a princess, typed "become a god" and travelled through time or something. I don't think the A.I. is very good at giving limitations which kind of ruins any plot you want.

Another one I tried a Dwarf Fortress like setting. I was a dwarf who created a fantastic new beer. It was so good I became a living legend after about 80 years until people got sick of it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17