Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Runebarrow - Interactive Illustrated Fortress  (Read 4740 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose your own - Interactive Illustrated Fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 06:44:30 pm »

"What do you expect me to say? "Oh no lets give it a grand meal made of my fish"? Of course not. He's all yours, enjoy."

Grey turns around and begins walking away and says "I say he'll get to 50 yards at most 'fore he keels over from the bleeding. Hah" over his shoulder.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 07:22:51 pm »

Kirrah looks away with a pained expression, but says nothing to the others as she hurries back to the yaks. "I'll search for seeds to plant another time," she mumbles to herself.

AudiRgr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 08:12:40 pm »

"Hnn. I have little patience for sneakthieves... if you civilians have the stomach for it, I will gladly strike off this creature's arm at the elbow. Let it show to its broodmates the cost of disturbing what is ours!"

"What do you expect me to say? "Oh no lets give it a grand meal made of my fish"? Of course not. He's all yours, enjoy."

Grey turns around and begins walking away and says "I say he'll get to 50 yards at most 'fore he keels over from the bleeding. Hah" over his shoulder.

Kirrah looks away with a pained expression, but says nothing to the others as she hurries back to the yaks. "I'll search for seeds to plant another time," she mumbles to herself. From afar, the dwarves hear a yelp from the direction of the wagons. You can't help but watch as the little kobold flees across the bridge and into the woods, clutching its bleeding right arm. Despite Grey's prediction, the kobold makes it to the treeline and is gone.

"Good," You mutter to yourself, "That'll send them a clear message."

Several days pass as the camp grows. Varg continues work on the palisade as Zultan builds a pen for the yaks. You're a bit worried about Kirrah, as she spends most of the day wandering through the fields and even sometimes into the woods, singing to herself. By the end of the next week, she appears to have rejoined the group and shows you what she has gathered; a pouch full of wild seeds! Although you have brought your own seeds for wheat and pumpkins, she seems more excited about planting these seeds and finding out what they are.

Enkutee has been working hard and has stockpiled plenty of stone, waiting to be used. There is also a sizeable amount of wood. You have been here for more than two weeks now, perhaps you should think about getting a source of food before your supplies run out. Grey asks for a proper shack and drying racks so he can be more efficient, while Kirrah says you should start ploughing some fields. Enkutee asks again about building a place of worship, before Zultan pipes in and asks for a carpenter's shop. Enog suggests building some more lodgings as the tents are cramped and cold at night. You turn to Varg but he doesn't say anything, simply watching the sun setting over the far side of the river.

With your current supplies, you can choose three tasks to do, so you all decide to take a vote...

(Suggested are: Fisherman's shack, Ploughing fields, Place of worship, Carpenter's shop, Lodgings - Of course you guys can suggest other tasks if you want  :) )

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 08:57:48 pm »

Varg pokes about the supplies. "Hmmph... this will not do."
"Raise your workshops and see to such labors as you deem fit, friends."
Varg hefts his axe. "I am going hunting." A mad grin spreads across his hairy face.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »

You're a bit worried about Kirrah, as she spends most of the day wandering through the fields and even sometimes into the woods, singing to herself. By the end of the next week, she appears to have rejoined the group and shows you what she has gathered; a pouch full of wild seeds! Although you have brought your own seeds for wheat and pumpkins, she seems more excited about planting these seeds and finding out what they are.

I originally meant searching the wagon at a later time, but this is better! She's clearly avoiding the scene.

Kirrah: "I've helped out plenty on Ma and Da's farm. We can get a nice garden going in no time at all. It's never too early if we want more than one harvest before the snow falls."

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 11:55:46 pm »

Being cook, I'm driven by inner desire to feed you.

Therefore, if one of the yak's a cow, I'm making cheese. If not, I'll go fish.

If someone complains that I should haul, construct walls or dig stone and soil, my inner cookhood will get terribly insulted.

Also, I want to collect food preferences of my fellow dwarves, so I can appease them in the future more effectively. I am thinking of a magnum opus, Enog's Comprehensive Cookbook!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 03:45:10 am »

Enkutee: Let us honour the gods with a temple so that this settlement may be blessed and our people prosper.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 03:59:10 am »

"Hah who needs a soft bed and solid walls? I've spent years sleeping in a tent, eating fish and drinking river water..."

"...Speaking of, has any one of you considered our drink supply?"

If not, I'll go fish.
"I like to fish in peace and quiet... Alone. You'll have plenty of fish to cook. Provided i had a place for gutting the fish."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 05:49:47 am »

"Hah who needs a soft bed and solid walls? I've spent years sleeping in a tent, eating fish and drinking river water..."

"...Speaking of, has any one of you considered our drink supply?"

If not, I'll go fish.
"I like to fish in peace and quiet... Alone. You'll have plenty of fish to cook. Provided i had a place for gutting the fish."
"You like fish, Grey? How would you like them to be prepared?

And tell Enkutee that we can build temple later, seriously, who needs it right now? We need kitchen and still, I am tellin' ya. Those are what'll keep us strong and alive!"

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 06:24:15 am »

"I don't care, i dunno anything about fancy cooking. I cook by just sticking things above a campfire and thats about it."

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 06:41:44 am »

"I don't care, i dunno anything about fancy cooking. I cook by just sticking things above a campfire and thats about it."

"So uncivilised..."

I go, pick a log, make a kitchen near our tents. Afterwards, I'll do some biscuits out of our food. If someone interrupts me in the process, I'll growl at them.

AudiRgr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 07:17:26 am »

The next morning, the camp seems somewhat divided. Varg has vanished during the night, headed north into the woods to hunt whilst the rest of the dwarves decide individual roles. Kirrah quietly begins ploughing some fields with the help of one of the yaks, while Enog pokes around in the lower regions of the other.

"This one's a girl!" He shouts in relief.

Grey finds a nice nook next to the bridge to set up a fisherman's hut, using some of the stockpiled wood with the help of Zultan. Lastly, you decide to help Enkutee with her plans to raise a temple to honour the gods. Deciding to use some of the stone that she has dug up.

All in all, the dwarves seem to be keeping to their own. You imagined this might happen, none of them knew each other before this expedition, only meeting you on your passionate urge to leave the human towns. Perhaps it is best to let them keep themselves busy.

A week passes, and so does another. Kirrah has finished ploughing a small field and sown the wild seeds that she found. You are a bit skeptical, but she has been quite quiet since the incident with the kobold so you don't say anything. Zultan has finished a small shack that Grey now inhabits - the river seems ripe with fish of all sorts. Despite his solitary nature, Grey has been talking to Enog quite a lot when he prepares the fish and cooks the meals each night. You suppose he wants to make sure his catches are cooked with perfection, and Enog has been questioning him hard about whether he prefers brook lamprey or carp.

When the final stone of the new temple is set, the dwarves give a hurrah. Although not what everyone wanted, there is a general feeling of contentment amongst the group. Despite this, you cannot help but be worried for Varg - he has not returned from his 'hunt'. He is a capable soldier, but who knows what the wilds hold.

It is at this moment that Enkutee gives a shout from below.

"Come quick! I think I've found something!" You rush into the dugout and see what Enkutee has found.

"What is it?" You ask. She turns to look at you with excitement.

"A wooden door. Must be hundreds of years old because of its condition!"

You look around at the other dwarves. You can tell Enkutee is itching to get it open, but with your militia commander away none of you really know how to fight...

What do we do?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 07:46:24 am »

"Things don't exactly become abandoned of their own accord y'know."

"Methinks its best we leave it be, no tellin' what's in there, could be some unholy abomination for all we know!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2019, 08:01:55 am »

"Come on, with the gods on our side, what's the worst that could happen? Let's open it."

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2019, 08:23:17 am »

"Come on, with the gods on our side, what's the worst that could happen? Let's open it."
""What's the worst that could happen?"? I wouldn't tempt fate that way if i were you."

Pages: 1 [2] 3