Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46

Author Topic: Demon Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Strategy Phase 10  (Read 41705 times)

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Strategy Phase 6
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2020, 03:07:57 pm »

Well we do have three spells now and etheral one would impress them but shouldn't we send Magioc to influnce lane to halt their growth this turn.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2020, 03:13:32 pm »

Trade City also has them having more influence, see this.
It seems that Heliel has expanded her moralising to economic policy, as she aligns herself with those who favour Intervention- sharing the wealth, in other words, ensuring that everyone has a slice of the pie.

Nuke made a point about key parts, but we are currently at 2 there. Magoc can make strides towards getting us more funding from those who are for Deregulation. This means people who would be willing to back some of our economic designs, and give us an in to the trading that goes on. And well, Money, which is always good to have in surplus.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2020, 04:00:08 pm »

Influence lanes are heavily influenced by luck first off. We don’t just have magic missile anymore either, so that’s absolutely wrong.

Bootleggers was an alchemy design and didn’t require startup capital.

And tric, for all you accuse us of being reactionary for, you’re epitomizing that right now. We shouldn’t act to counter their influence in areas where they have the advantage and just let our own shit get interfered with. I mean I’m pretty sure a couple turns ago heliel hit up the towers but I may be wrong. We should solidify our hold there as opposed to trying to contest one of the *many* places on the map where we can make money. The trade city isn’t even the best spot to make money what with its angels backing the guilds and higher influence meaning our smuggling operations are going to be more difficult there anyways. Places like the ostentatious and lawless capitals are where we’ll likely see the most successful business.

Magoc, our new magic, and our transmutation alchemy should hopefully be enough to get another tick in the dweeb tower, which will benefit our magical proposals and make it a little easier to gain influence in the lawless capital, and since a number of us are interested in pushing drugs next turn with our alchemical boost we can see a lot of moneys come in.

Tric, before you even think about countering about selling the iron we use to outfit our army, consider that the process of transmuting and creating materials is inherently expensive and in no way designed as part of a profitable venture, whereas bootleggers was (and drugs will be). They are designed in a way that the gm knows we are meant to make money from them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »

First, I DO NOT LIKE DRUGS.

Second, how am I being reactionary? It is simple truth that improving past 3 is going to be more difficult. And hyper-focusing on a single area when we simply don't have the stuff needed to impress them isn't that great. They either like it or don't. Magoc showing up isn't going to change that at all.

Third, saying the Angels backing the Guild makes going there worthless is defeatist. We do at least have a new way to make it go badly for them in the detrimental-mutations. Fourth, not every city is in fact a place you can make more money, it is called the Trade City for a reason.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »

Why do you want alchemy then? A lot of alchemy could be defined as drugs. If we made crack as a potion is it suddenly better?

You’re being reactionary. You’re going “the enemy has presence here we need presence there instead of doing our own thing and progressing our agenda”, which was the same issue you had wrapping your head around when we were discussing assassins vs protection in our influence lanes. Magoc is also capable of more magic intrinsically than our dudes normally, and stop saying we don’t have anything to impress them we literally just made a powerful spell. Magoc showing up will have an impact. It didn’t the first time largely because of luck, or a lack thereof.

I’m not saying it’s worthless, you’re putting words in my mouth again and it’s one of the reasons why people like nuke need to come in and tell me to chill out. The words I use are what I mean. I’m saying that there are better places to make money. It’s called the trade city because it’s got the most focus on trade - which means more rules and restrictions until we can ply more influence out of it than the angels. They’re bordering it meaning they can gain influence without being held back by difficulty based on neighboring influence, whereas we can get exactly one more tick before needing to work on our other areas in the lane. This means a trade war in the trade city is not likely to go our way.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2020, 06:02:43 pm »

Quote from: ToolBox
Trade City: (1) TricMagic
Nerd Tower: (2) MoP, Happerry
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2020, 07:33:58 pm »

Wartorn Wastes: (1) Rockeater
Seems like the more dangerous lane for us and that is the easiest position to influence on.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2020, 03:13:46 am »

Wartorn Wastes: (1) Rockeater, Kashyyk

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2020, 03:22:07 am »

Wartorn Wastes: (3) Rockeater, Kashyyk, Flazeo25

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2020, 04:16:44 am »

Nerd Tower: (3) MoP, Happerry, Detoxicated
Wartorn Wastes: (3) Rockeater, Kashyyk, Flazeo25

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2020, 08:36:28 am »

Thing is I don’t think it’s the more dangerous lane, and if I’m remembering the maths I did last night we’re further behind overall in the lane with the geek squad. And while I did paint the trade city as a rough spot, the fortified frontier is likely to be about as bad. The only reason why I didn’t bring it up is because it wasn’t being pushed for.

Keep in mind too that it looks like at least one upcoming turn is going to be magically focused. We’re plied a lot of help from the Wartorn Wastes to get our dudes up to par. Going to improve the towers now could strongly benefit our near future.

We got some new magic to show off to the nerds now, and I’d like to use magoc there so we maximize potential gain. I’m worried that just one alone isn’t gonna do the trick because of the whole partially luck thing

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2020, 09:10:11 am »

Thing is I don’t think it’s the more dangerous lane, and if I’m remembering the maths I did last night we’re further behind overall in the lane with the geek squad. And while I did paint the trade city as a rough spot, the fortified frontier is likely to be about as bad. The only reason why I didn’t bring it up is because it wasn’t being pushed for.

Keep in mind too that it looks like at least one upcoming turn is going to be magically focused. We’re plied a lot of help from the Wartorn Wastes to get our dudes up to par. Going to improve the towers now could strongly benefit our near future.

We got some new magic to show off to the nerds now, and I’d like to use magoc there so we maximize potential gain. I’m worried that just one alone isn’t gonna do the trick because of the whole partially luck thing

The Wartorn Wastes are on our side, why talk about the Frontier?
That and I talked about the Lawless capital in my post. Well, also the fact that we are in fact ahead in the Towers, 3 to 2.

I'll vote for the Towers if and only if we can do a mutation-focused on improving our spellcasters this upcoming turn. Other than HE Sin Astrologers, we could also just focus on a course to improve(make sinful and full of evil) Spellcasters as a whole, boosting their capacity and control through a potions course.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2020, 10:45:45 am »

I Wonder why you must Always speak in a Manner that tries to Take the listener Hostage...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2020, 10:52:44 am »

I Wonder why you must Always speak in a Manner that tries to Take the listener Hostage...

Which one?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2020, 11:01:33 am »

Because, tric, people are voting for a lane based on the difficulty of taking the lane in general, but I feel like we’re going to have the harder time overall trying to see successes in the trade lane judging by our potential in the final sector. We can act to stymie angel efforts in the southern lane, but we should pry our way ahead in the lane we can get better gains in first.

And us being 3/2 in the towers just means less angelic interference and more potential for success. That number for our influence is ultimately our level of defense against angelic interference, and the scholarly towers is one of our last lines of defense. The same can be said about the Wartorn wastes, but they aren’t going to boost our actions next design turn. Yes, we should work there too, but not when we plan on working on experimental magical high efforts to take advantage of our bonus from OMD.

Finally, we don’t need more powerful casters. We have warcasters and lack a library of spells to fully utilize them yet.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 46