Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Author Topic: Demon Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Strategy Phase 10  (Read 41713 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Team - Chiaroscuro Arms Race: Revision Phase 6
« Reply #405 on: April 18, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Specialized Guerilla Fight Commando: (1) Detoxicated
Alternative Truth Information Campaign: (1) Detoxicated,
Assassinate: Hassan: ()
Spiraling Missile: ()
Siege Slings: ()
Coordination Drills: Combat Training Specializations: (5) MoP, Kashyyk, Happerry, Flazeo25, TricMagic
Platoon Drills: Teamwork and Synergy: ()
Legbreakers: (3) Happerry, Rockeater, TricMagic
Keeper Combat Classes: ()
Ordered Mutagenic Drafts: (3) MoP, Kashyyk, Rockeater
Whispers of Desire : (0)
Projections of Desire : (0)
Siren Gift:(1)  Flazeo25
Ethereal Conduit: ()

They tend to be less common due to demanding an expensive lifestlye. Also annoyed at myself.

Ethereal Conduit
A variant of Ethereal Armament, this spell enhances a weapon/item/armor in the user's hand by infusing it with energy. This can double the effective ability of said weapon, acting as if two were overlaid in the same position, a ghostly echo. Additional effects depend on the usage. For swords like the Warcasters use, it can go from increased sharpness from the overlay. For shields, it can boost their effectiveness at blocking physical attacks While heavy weapons could boost the weight of their blows against targets.
However, the true value is to the Archers. With this spell, they can increase the range of their recurve bows, at the cost of also proportionally increasing the draw strength needed to fire them.
Ethereal Conduit boosts a single nature of an target through the overlay, and has a number of uses. However, like Ethereal Armament, it cannot go beyond the caster's range, require they keep hold of the item lest the spell end. But for Archer Uruks, this spell is Evil-sent for granting them the ability to fight at greater ranges.

This spell effectively boosts a single aspect of a target through overlaying. I'd still like to get an INF option that would be more permanent against good agents though.

Eh, whatever...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 05:13:13 pm by TricMagic »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2020, 06:05:31 pm »

Specialized Guerilla Fight Commando: (1) Detoxicated
Alternative Truth Information Campaign: (1) Detoxicated,
Coordination Drills: Combat Training Specializations: (5) MoP, Kashyyk, Happerry, Flazeo25, TricMagic
Ordered Mutagenic Drafts: (2) MoP, Kashyyk
Siren Gift:(1)  Flazeo25
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2020, 06:32:15 pm »

Specialized Guerilla Fight Commando: (0)
Alternative Truth Information Campaign: (0) ,
Ordered Mutagenic Drafts: (3) MoP, Kashyyk, Detoxicated
Siren Gift:(2)  Flazeo25, Detoxicated
The flaws of legbreakers were laid Out nicely. I Change my Vote because i would rather the the draughts then legbreakers.

The sirens are nice too...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 08:03:47 am by Detoxicated »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2020, 06:40:50 pm »

I'll point out we get two revisions, and CD isn't going to change, I've made arguments in discord, and it hasn't shifted at all. Only to find out I read the thing wrong, but still.

I like the Siren as well really. She sounds like a Unique individual who can give others lesser versions of her powers. Very obsessive.

Granted, it's going to take more than just 3 to get the Siren, so..

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2020, 06:44:58 pm »

Yeah corruptive unquie individual would be best boon to get from it, lowest would be some knowledge on creating our minions to become partially demonic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2020, 08:24:41 am »

Legbreakers: (2) Happerry, Rockeater,
Ordered Mutagenic Drafts: (3) MoP, Kashyyk, Detoxicated
Siren Gift:(3)  Flazeo25, Detoxicated, TricMagic
The flaws of legbreakers were laid Out nicely. I Change my Vote because i would rather the the draughts then legbreakers.

The sirens are nice too...

mm. Apparently since we are modifying it, and it's goal is a unique individual who can turn others into lesser versions of herself, (rare units), it is possible. No comment on difficulty, but I like her a lot.

Dimensional Spirit Shift

DDD has a lot in common with incorporeal spirits. Magoc decided to order the creation of an amulet that could be filled with the caster's blood, and changed the spell so that it could be cast to turn oneself into a spirit state, or revert back to a corporeal state. The amulet serves as a focus for the spell, and while the cost is higher, once in spirit state the caster can remain in that state indefinitely should they choose, or cast the spell again using the focus to revert back to normal.

While it requires someone with at least a Warcaster's skill to cast, and can't bring other people into that state, the ability to become as a ghost is invaluable for murder and theft alike, though it takes some getting used to. And it does not preclude the use of magic in that state either, making it quite valuable.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 05:37:00 pm by TricMagic »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2020, 09:03:11 am »

I’d rather we avoid trying to get a unique unit out of a revision. If we’re going to dedicate an action to making a champion we should do it as a design to maximize chance of success. Word from a shittalking angel is that they got their chump on a max roll for a nonchampion design, so if we put an actual design towards it we could potentially outclass theirs relatively easily.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2020, 09:14:48 am »

There isn't a rule against two of them, right? The experience would serve us well on a full design.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2020, 09:53:37 am »

No but there is common sense when it comes to redundancy and action economy. And it’s not like “making champions” is a field we could just progress through like magic or weapons development. Creation of champions is probably a unique enough experience that there will be no overlap between two different champions. A champion might make proposals in their field of expertise easier, but we aren’t going to be pumping out progressively easier champs just because

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2020, 10:14:34 am »

Weren't you talking about using Magoc's body to make Demonspawn though, and then you stated it in the same.. Can't remember which word to use right now.

Quote from: Discord
Tric 'Sinking Boats' MagicYesterday at 8:33 AM
There is something the Siren does though, and that opens up Magoc gifting someone power through flesh to make such individuals with unique abilities.
I kinda really like the proposal though.
I'd switch back to Legbreakers if that got more votes, but still.

Man of PaperYesterday at 8:34 AM
Unnecessary since I plan on proposing the demonspawn again and they’re made using magocs flesh but better and with a design

How many designs do you have at this point that haven't been written anyway? Better Archers, Demonspawn, Magoc Ascendancy. If that champion talk is another separate from Demonspawn...
Beyond which, doing both Demonspawn and a Champion on the same turn would not gift EXP to the next in line.

Quote from: Discord
Man of PaperToday at 10:12 AM
No we need moar always moar
This is for those not on discord, but wanted to quote that.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2020, 10:31:32 am »

Oh man shame on me for having ideas, and it’s crazy how you quoted me talking about demonspawn in the context of a better plan for a champion and then immediately ask if the demonspawn and champion are separate. Nobody ever said doing the demonspawn and champion at the same time, or even hinted at it. You’re making counters for points nobody’s making.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2020, 10:36:28 am »

I'm making connections, and that came to mind.

There is something the Siren does though, and that opens up Magoc gifting someone power through flesh to make such individuals with unique abilities.

Note this was my point, Unique, as in only one. Your argument after was you were going to propose demonspawn, but this and that are different things. One is Unique, the other not. And as I spoke of using it to open up the option of gifting Unique abilities to someone, that sentence you rebuffed mine with makes no real sense.

'But better' does not count if they are only superficially alike.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2020, 11:04:39 am »

Woah man no need to get so aggressive, you’re really harshing my vibe.

This might seem like a surprise but proposals can be altered to better fit what people want - like a unique demonicish unit.

And yes “but better” is a legitimate response and opinion on the matter. We could get a unit that is much better based solely on the fact that it’s intended to be a design for something wholly new and not a revision on something with its own intrinsic restrictions

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2020, 11:15:55 am »

If we get any knowledge of demon flesh from the revision we can use it for later designs to convert rest to similar types.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2020, 12:43:22 pm »

Legbreakers: (2) Happerry, Rockeater,
Ordered Mutagenic Drafts: (4) MoP, Kashyyk, Detoxicated, Rockeater
Siren Gift:(3)  Flazeo25, Detoxicated, TricMagic
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46