Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 3: This Time It's Feudal  (Read 38469 times)

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 3 release date is announced
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2020, 08:42:06 pm »

Tbf I'd interpret "medium" as "distinctly average chance of conceiving a distinctly average number of kids" as opposed to "so-so chance of ever having kids", with High reserved for particularly verile partnerships. I don't think that's off at all, although the homosexuality tooltip obviously is

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2020, 12:05:58 am »

"Chance of children:none" sounds to me like a bug where the UI assumes that both partners are entering into a gay marriage based on sexuality, in which case it'd be correct, when that's clearly not the case to us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2020, 12:11:28 am »

PTW. Not because I'll ever play, but because the stories from these games are interesting.
I mean, that's mostly why we're playing it in the first place. Cut out the middleman!
no

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2020, 12:35:22 pm »

I suspect that they were suggesting that watching the thread instead of playing was cutting out the middle man (the middle man of purchasing and playing the game), not encouraging you to play it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2020, 02:21:13 pm »

for gods sake people stop cutting Mann!
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2020, 07:51:53 am »

"Chance of children:none" sounds to me like a bug where the UI assumes that both partners are entering into a gay marriage based on sexuality, in which case it'd be correct, when that's clearly not the case to us.
One of the parties may be sick, as well. I married one of my daughters off to get an alliance that would result in no children. He recovered from Typhus (that I didn't realize he had,) and they went on to have six.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 07:55:15 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2020, 09:10:33 am »

I think "Chance of Children" means "Chance of a copulation resulting in pregnancy" not "Chance of ever having kids". So it goes off their current stats, and high basically means nearly every dalliance with the devil in the clear moonlight will result in a belowthewaistburster :)

Changing topics, so I made a misclick that resulted in the Icelandic Kingdom of Jerusalem. First crusade called, somehow won it near instantly by rushing the capital and caused my benefactor to get given the Kingdom. Figured they were screwed so wanted to keep playing as my character, accidentally chose to play as the Benefactor instead.

Managed to arrange it so that my old character was heir and then commit suicide, but by then they'd somehow managed to become Tribal King of Scotland and everything was f-ed up xD
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 07:27:44 pm by MorleyDev »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2020, 11:55:15 am »

Seems to me the government types need some rebalancing. Since feudal governments also suffer from partitioning now they've lost one of their primary benefits without getting much in return. At least when compared to Clan governments which ensure land stays in your family and gives you additional conquest casus belli. Really catholics in general are in a pretty bad spot because the fervor system is absolutely broken right now, but combined with the benefits of clan over feudal they stand very little chance against the Muslims long term.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 09, 2020, 12:44:17 pm »

I suspect that they were suggesting that watching the thread instead of playing was cutting out the middle man (the middle man of purchasing and playing the game), not encouraging you to play it.

I'm totally cutting out the middle man until at least the first DLC.  I've got a full-and-complete CK2 that I paid hundreds of dollars to acquire.  I'll at least wait till I can get a DLC bundled into the new game.

EDIT: Looks pretty though (must not buy), I'm short of money these days (must not buy), seems to have some interesting features (must not buy)...I have to go check other threads now...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2020, 01:20:50 pm »

I have a bunch of issues I could list if you want me to help you dehype (but overall I like it)
Love, scriver~

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2020, 03:11:58 am »

What I hated and found really immersion-killing about CK2 was it's presentation of the medieval world through the 21st century lens of  mass-communication, social media and the 24 hour news cycle.     Kings didn't even understand the shape of their own country, let alone the sexual orientation of a low-rank courtier 2000 miles away.     The game should have emphasised exploration, cartography, information gathering and reconnaissance and the role of propaganda  and suspicion that occupies the vacuum created by ignorance and sparse communication.    I assume that CK3 inherits all of these flaws.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2020, 03:27:11 am »

I certainly thought the Diplo range was too wide even on restrictive settings. Making marriages with and inviting to your court random steppe nomads as like Abyssinia or a western lord really didn't make any sense. That issue is still there although courtiers work differently now. You don't just search every available eprson who might consider moving house in an area of half the globe anymore. Free courtiers just kinda circulate between courts as guests until someone takes them so that makes more sense and takes the obnoxious micromanagement out of recruiting new courtiers. Marriages are still bizarre however.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2020, 03:32:06 am »

My biggest problem with marriage is the sheer number of choices is paralyzing for me.  I remember several times playing CK2 that I'd start a new game, spend ten or fifteen minutes scrolling through wives, then stop playing because I couldn't pick one and didn't know what I should be looking for.

How many sequels before Crusader Kings becomes Roko's Basilisk for medieval noblemen?  You're born in 1020 AD or so, inherit a petty kingdom, rule reasonably well, die, and wake up back on the throne but now everything's fucked up and weird.  You get killed in an invasion by the Holy Roman Khanate, wake up on the throne again, but now you have a club foot and a harelip.  Your son assassinates you.  You wake up on the throne again.
Shoes...

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2020, 03:37:37 am »

They've improved the marriage screen with a bunch of new filters so you can specifically order by (for example) the strongest alliance, the highest prestige gain, or even filter it to just give marriages with hereditary traits. Vast quality of life improvement imo

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2020, 04:40:07 am »

You even have a search bar which is pretty handy, so you can get really specific.

So far I've been eschewing alliances and inheritance schemes in favor of breeding the ultimate human specimen, so now everyone in my dynasty has the most hereditary traits, which means I'm dabbling in incest now.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23