Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Oldlands: Age of Dwarves  (Read 34362 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Oldlands: Age of Monsters
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2019, 01:50:34 pm »

Invasion.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2019, 02:37:03 pm »

Undeath

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2019, 03:04:22 pm »

Dark Cult!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2019, 03:13:26 pm »

Age of Villainy 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2019, 05:05:10 pm »

Dark Cult

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2019, 05:27:47 pm »

Invasion.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2019, 11:45:58 am »

Being a delving group, Antlings were slow to expand, but they nevertheless explored most of the abandoned halls. They had so far avoided close contact with the diseased waters of the river; a lone goblin far downstream was not so lucky and became possessed by mutagenic slime parasite. Transformed into a deadly creature known as Iggithushalo, "The Misshapen", he (or rather it) began to stalk the few still surviving Tritons.

The miners explored all of the upper tunnels, growing restless in their search for gold that they knew was there but which still eluded them. At the same time, it had not escaped their attention that the local climate and soil were unlike anything seen in this valley a mere ten years ago. With the next caravan, news traveled back to the nearby kingdom of Bok-Anlar, and by the summer of 63 an army was assembled to claim these lands.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The campaign met with moderate success. Anlaran knights stormed the outlying Theliiri villages but could not assert their position any further; they built a border guard about three spans from the battle site, contenting themselves with the lands west of it. For now.

The Theliiri set up hidden scout posts to watch the humans, and organized another expedition into the depths, as they wished to ensure they were not being threatened from below. The mushroom caves were now connected to the underworld, and parts of lost dwarven treasures were recovered. Emboldened by their success, the beast-elves built a new forest-town to the northeast, giving it the name Lenearíle after flocks of seabirds often seen in the skies above it.

Iggithushalo moved its lair east, preying on the Tritons and devouring everything else in its path until nothing was left. The Antlings and the humans kept exploring.

Far away, in another city, two dwarves were repeating a conversation that had happened many times.
"Ah can't believe ye sold da map to dat human, Urist! It be yer father's heirloom!"
"Oh, don't be so dramatic, Uncle. Mapmaking is my business now, if you haven't realized. I made a few copies of that map, and they are for sale."
"But what of our return? Yer giving us up? Yer wanna humans take Asteshdatan, is dat what ye'd like, Urist?"
"..."
"Blast, yer serious. A'right, figurin' we do without ye."
"Uncle, we have waited seventeen years. We can wait till the next spring. I promised I'd contribute and I will."
The dwarves will return next year to reclaim what's left of their ruins. But they will not be without competition; in fact, as the spring of 64 arrives on the calendar, there is a troglodyte horde building their warrens along the dry riverbed and also a great beast in the abandoned mines: a dragon!

Make a choice whether the dragon will be Lawful, Chaotic, or Hungry. Lawful/Chaotic dragons will demand tribute from groups and may give out quests to adventurers of matching alignment, whereas Hungry dragons will just try to kill everything and take the treasure.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:38:08 pm by Murphy »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2019, 11:54:25 am »

Lawful

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2019, 11:58:36 am »

Ooh, I'd like to see what a Lawful Dragon will do.

The dragon uses its terrible breath! The would-be thieves are enveloped by a cloud of JUSTICE!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2019, 12:00:02 pm »

Ooh, I'd like to see what a Lawful Dragon will do.

The dragon uses its terrible breath! The would-be thieves are enveloped by a cloud of JUSTICE!
Yes the Justice Gas, it makes criminals try to undo their crimes, and makes people who haven’t committed any crimes never want to commit them

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »

Lawful dragon! :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2019, 04:17:52 pm »

LAWFUL
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2019, 04:20:34 pm »

This dungeon could use a bit of lasting stability. Lawful
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2019, 03:29:53 am »

Lawful
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
Oldlands: Draconic Age
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2019, 11:00:17 am »

This dungeon could use a bit of lasting stability. Lawful
There are no status quos in Oldlands. But if it's a less crazy turnover rate you want, perhaps the dragon can grant that wish.

The year 64 was characterized by a myriad of small skirmishes, mostly between Antlings, Troglodytes and the Warped. For most of the year the Warped held against attack after attack, while the dragon Vîrfesh played deadly hide-and-seek with Iggithushalo the mutated horror. I'm just going to call it Igg now. Anyway, Igg lost and got eaten.

Among Theliiri, two religious circles emerged, one that of cave-druids under the roots of a new giant tree, and another of sky-priests who founded a place of worship called Eliyeino, "Skyguard". Three more expeditions were sent down; one was lost to the Antlings, but two others returned with news of the Troglodytes and a decent map of the underworld.

The only group able to enjoy a period of complete peace was the humans, who, under the protection of Anlaran knights, were able to locate the gold vein and get to business.

Once Vîrfesh secured the lower tunnels for his lair, it was clear to him that the underworld was in disarray. A glowing pit leading to eerie depths was open just a few spans below the old dwarven shaft, and signs of past destruction were everywhere. It was his dungeon. He would not tolerate chaos.
Your choice of the dragon's alignment will have far-reaching consequences as a Lawful dragon makes a perfect candidate to carry the world into the next Age as a potential Overlord. Why bother with petty villains when you can have a Draconic Age?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 11:04:49 am by Murphy »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25