Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Oldlands: Age of Dwarves  (Read 34313 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oldlands: Age of Civilization
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2019, 12:41:34 pm »

Sad that the dwarves and Tritons fought, rather than sharing the bounty of the gold. Sad that their leader was killed, and the young will grow without guidance and will probably be killed upon being found. At least, that’s why I’m sad

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2019, 12:47:40 pm »

I'm... not sure what you're referring to. Because the Tritons struck that special chamber thing, or what?
Yes, because the Tritons struck the special chamber thing.

Sad that the dwarves and Tritons fought, rather than sharing the bounty of the gold. Sad that their leader was killed, and the young will grow without guidance and will probably be killed upon being found. At least, that’s why I’m sad
I don't think she was killed, I think she just . . . withdrew. Because she got to the special chamber thing first.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2019, 12:49:52 pm »

I'm... not sure what you're referring to. Because the Tritons struck that special chamber thing, or what?
Yes, because the Tritons struck the special chamber thing.

I don't think she was killed, I think she just . . . withdrew. Because she got to the special chamber thing first.
I hope they weren’t killed

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »

A
I hope the Tritons survived.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2019, 04:06:47 pm »

B Lets give them some ancient ruins to settle in. That sounds cool.

The Tritons have ascended. In that manner of speaking, they have already won the game.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2019, 04:52:13 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2019, 06:59:04 am »

PTW

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2019, 12:06:02 pm »

"Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger."
Ustuth noted the date. Tenth of Obsidian, 38.

Sighing to himself, the old dwarf set his parchment aside and reached for the crutch. It's probably snowing again, he thought. Yet when he dragged himself out to the main shaft, he took a long glance upstairs. It was twelve stories to the surface. Enough time to ponder.

The last year had been a mess, much of it yet to be cleaned up. And yet, in terms of treasure, it was a gain. The Ronenog had retreated for gods know what reason, and not only did they ignore the dwarven treasures, they left behind most of their own. And now fresh fools are flocking to Asteshdatan for its wealth.

Still, the clan survived. In the Great Hall, the dwarves celebrated their "victory". Finest ale and lavish meals were had in the name of the fallen, thrice as tradition demands. Then it was time to welcome new settlers, for which many more ales were raised. Ustuth had stood many vigils in remembrance, for he lost all of his sons but the youngest, Urist.

Urist was a craftsdwarf, and he spent most of the winter in his workshop, refusing to see people as he worked on a contraption of hardwood and bismuth bronze. Now at the feast, he presented his work, a plated chandelier that, when lit, cast shadows in the form of dwarves enacting a battle, a memorial for the last stand made by his kin in the Great Hall.

Enter King Azstrog and his retinue. Throughout 39, while the dwarves reopened their mines and resumed the pace of industry, Azstrog's peons were carving out a dark citadel from whence to seize the riches of this land.

Soon the first scouts wandered forth from the newly built Tursong, "Redscourge". They weren't as good at tunneling as dwarves, and an accidental breach of the river flooded their first tunnel up to the citadel's entrance. Some peons were left on the wrong side of it. But the goblins did find something interesting: a glimpse of a grotto full of gems and crystals.

In the spring of 40, king Azstrog sent more scouts with one order: find another way to that grotto, or face his wrath.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

The dwarven council must decide on a new industry to pursue, in addition to metalsmithing, art, fishing and brewing.
Choose:
  • Green glass. Any new architecture and crafted treasures will follow a green theme instead of gold.
  • Spidersilk. Rooms will be decorated with banners, and construction of rope bridges is now allowed.
  • Fungiwood and farm produce. Subsequent migrants will be settled along the river to cultivate the area.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:24:51 am by Murphy »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2019, 12:32:05 pm »

Hmm . . . Spider-silk

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2019, 12:39:48 pm »

Fungiwood and farm produce. More food, you never know when you'll need to seal all the exits.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2019, 01:13:39 pm »

Spider silk
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2019, 01:20:09 pm »

Spider silk
Bridges will likely be important.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2019, 01:26:45 pm »

Fungiwood and farm produce. More food, you never know when you'll need to seal all the exits.

Fungiwood and Farm produce.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2019, 06:14:47 pm »

Green Glass
Come on now hear me Out. IT will BE super coooool. All the Green Glass traps Guys.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »

Spidersilk, I don’t know why you didn’t choose C for goblins, this is what will lead to a two-sided front.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25