Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Oldlands: Age of Dwarves  (Read 34317 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oldlands: Age of Industry
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2019, 11:34:56 am »

I have a soft spot for Ratlings

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2019, 11:40:53 am »

Ratlings

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:05 am »

Humans, I may switch to Dwarves

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2019, 12:10:25 pm »

Ratlings
Rat people rise up!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2019, 02:46:10 pm »

Skavens Ratlings. Rats, rats, rats!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2019, 02:59:17 pm »

What, no option for the remaining Antlings?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 09, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »

Theliiri
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2019, 05:21:56 pm »

Dwarves dwarves dwarves!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2019, 05:24:25 am »

Ratlings
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2019, 04:59:45 am »

What, no option for the remaining Antlings?
The area is not of value to the Hive right now. They are only here as observers, but more colonizing groups may come once the age-long winter goes away.

The calendar spring of 83 was quite eventful. On the surface, the humans were locked in a feud with the ratlings who took to stealing their supplies. Though they managed to catch a few thieves, they were steadily losing whatever was not nailed down. The ratlings also dug a new tunnel which led to a few of them getting caught by the spider. Oh well.

Far below, the stone giants broke into the overgrown caverns and cleared them of deadly vegetation.

The dwarves sent an emissary group to the humans of Galkagaval. They extended an offer of trade and friendship, bringing with them samples of Dwarven goods, books and art pieces. In return, they wanted various food supplies as the Dwarves have long sought to enrich their cuisine. The humans were tempted, but their leaders were not used to committing to an agreement; it got worse when a minor misunderstanding in the market square led to a scuffle and then a shootout using flintlock pistols. The dwarves withdrew, but the result of this brief conflict sent a clear message as to whose weapons were superior.

The humans didn't get the message right, though. The same spring they sent a raiding party against the dwarves, intending to both take vengeance and seize some of the goods and riches they'd heard about. Needless to say, it backfired in a spectacular fashion—the humans might've had a chance against an outpost but not the capital. Many of the raiders were captured, a few were executed and others were now looking at a long sentence in the mines. Without leadership and its best warriors, Galkagaval was doomed to become a ghost town; some of the remaining inhabitants fled to the surface, a few fell victim to the basilisk that made its lair nearby and yet more were captured by Ÿare and the plant cult.

As summer arrived on the calendar, a lone goblin wandered into the empty halls.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Now, let me tell you a story.

Ngerxung Nakobåx was born in 18, in a raider camp far away from Oldlands. In 33, she became a fighter, taking part in her first raid into the human lands of Bok-Anlar (back then merely a tribal chiefdom), and killing two of the defending force. She continued raiding for five years against humans and other goblin tribes, and by the time King Azstrog brought all goblins under his rule, she was already a leader of her own warband. Excelling in ambushing, she became a forward scout of the king's growing retinue, based in the newly-built dark citadel, Tursong.

Ngerxung was there for the battle against Usnos Namo, "The Eel of Decay", and she was one of the few survivors. She advised the king during his fateful hunt that ended in the capture of Horridlurk, and after that she stayed in the upper tunnels as an acting frontier leader. Ngerxung held on to that position until she heard about the rebellion in Tursong in 43 and the King's disappearance, after which she took a squad and left to find him.

She had been adventuring since then. This intrepid goblin had been to Bok-Anlar in the west, to the mountains of Niwirtar, to the Southern kingdoms and elsewhere. She fought manticores among the Great Dunes and spoke to the earth titan Icmon'Etru who was reputed to know everything.

And she came back to the valley upon hearing of Azstrog's return. Alas, it was too late because the dragon ate him—and before long a band of adventurers robbed her of possible revenge by killing the dragon as well. Now she lurked in the caves like a shade, stealing and killing and being insane. Though Goblins do not age in the same way humans or dwarves do, years had not been kind to her, especially not her mind.

Ngerxung is a wildcard goblin. She had been there all along since 67, but now she's on the radar, so to say. The titan was not actually omniscient, but it did know something, and she learned from it a legendary skill. Make a choice:
  • Earthcraft. Ngerxung can dig or seal tunnels and trap enemies using a cave-in.
  • Animal lore. Will muster any of the non-sentient cave creatures on the map to her aid.
  • Shapeshifting. Ngerxung will plague civilization like a werebeast would, but independent of moon phase.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2019, 05:03:12 am »

Animal lore

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2019, 05:41:16 am »

Earthcraft
A devastating power underground that will make her a force to be reckoned with.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2019, 05:43:23 am »

Earthcraft
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2019, 05:45:13 am »

Animal lore seems interesting

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile