Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still relatively new; want to discuss forts and stuff  (Read 2588 times)

KaleNipClaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Still relatively new; want to discuss forts and stuff
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:39:27 pm »

What the title says
I am a mutant dwarf, it's official.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Still relatively new; want to discuss forts and stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 12:39:36 am »

You could ask questions... follow a tutorial video... or just see where an internet search for "dwarf fortress"  leads you (there are excellent stories out there).

And, as you are playing and find the need to learn about something, there is always the wiki.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Still relatively new; want to discuss forts and stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 04:21:01 am »

Threads of the type "My private space to get my random questions answered" is not a good way to go about it. It's much better to start a new thread when a new question crops up (after making some effort to find the answer on the forum and, in particular, the wiki [which has a LOT of info]) and let it die when it's served its purpose, or join in on related threads.

A limited number of questions at the same time is reasonable, but scores at a time gets cumbersome for everyone involved to deal with.