Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [44.12] Gremlins and modded animal people !SCIENCE! ( Intelligent exotic pets )  (Read 7061 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Yes, there's CV_REMOVE_TAG. Often used to remove meanderer.

You need to have your images end in .png or .jpg or .gif or so on. https://ibb.co/ZxjbNLD is a site hosting the image, https://i.ibb.co/yq9xVfj/kea-man-axe.png is the actual image URL.

If you're looking for how relationships work, I do have relations-indicator script linked in my sig. There's also gui/family-affairs, and Kloker/Cavern Keeper also looked at relationship values.

Jundavr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks again, I figured out how to get the proper image address now.

- Some testing with training animals and other sentients in a new fort showed that no bond is required for the animal to start following the trainer
- However, I think bonding is what caused the animal person to become a histfig, because they weren't right after the first training session. Now I'm confused as to why the peafowls I embarked with were histfigs, as well as several other fort animals. Maybe it's because I let them reproduce and the game wanted to store that kind of data? Could also be because of some other script that I ran, like fix-fert. I really don't know, any insight is appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:40:17 pm by Jundavr »
I was out in the rain. So exasperating!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

Talking with histfigs can be enough to become a histfig; even listening works - a dwarf used to be able to have a grudge against a turtle (though iirc Toady removed that).

Breeding doesn't normally require being a histfig; it is required for marrige. Normal livestock who become histfigs can marry when you retire the site.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I embark with gremlins, theyre labors can be changed by DFhack. But today to my fort arrived some migrants, with gremlin pet. She (gremlin) is pet of craftsgoblin and her labors cannot be changed even by DFhack, so she have only standart hauling labors.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

As a side note, I think I found a bug in Dwarf Therapist that makes it not correctly mark creatures unable to wield certain weapons. In the image, the kea man clearly hasn't enough size to wield an axe, yet it is flagged as being able to.

This should be fixed in the next version of Dwarf Therapist.  The short story is that DT was assuming that the kea man was dwarf-sized. 

Thank Clément the maintainer for his wonderful effort(s).  ;)

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just wanted to throw this out here, I was trying adding [PET_EXOTIC] and [WAR_TRAINABLE] to some animal people to integrate them into my fort. It worked but I still caused problems, like when they would go on missions they would come back and no longer be a citizen and get attacked by war animals (after petitioning for citizenship- I had many petition 3+ times), or not come back at all, or a stop responding to military orders.   

I eventually removed the tags so that I could try to manage them as people not pets, then I caught some more animal people and accidentally did something interesting.  I was using the DF command [tweak make-own] so animal people would hang out until they petitioned, but while using Dwarf Therapist I somehow added about 15 camel people to a military squad.  I don't know if I used [tweak make-own] first, but I think I did not try it yet, either way this worked amazingly. My goal was for them to earn names through violence, not by just becoming members of the civ.

They never showed as members of the squad in game, but they did in DT. I effectively had a 22 member squad (7 original animal men I did the WAR_TRAINABLE thing to, plus the 15 unaltered ones). They put on almost all the right equipment, though most fought bare-handed. They would train constantly, and would be the first ones to arrive when I moved the squad, they fought valiantly, earned names and Petitioned for citizenship within a year or two (while I was still waiting for some original animal people to petition after 5-10 years).

After petitions they were assignable labors and anything else like normal.  Give it a shot and see if you can figure out how to make it work exactly if you're interested. I love to make this duplicate-able.
Pages: 1 [2]