Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Too Many Gods: Age of the Earth, Turn 2 [14/12] Waitlist Open  (Read 23266 times)

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Earth, Turn 2 [14/12] Waitlist Open
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2019, 07:02:42 am »

Wyvern riders.

Wyverns are Dragons. Change my mind. :V
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2019, 11:11:30 am »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2019, 11:21:51 am »

a winged two-legged dragon with a barbed tail.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2019, 11:25:36 am »

You literally linked to google. I presume your result was something like Wikipedia, which also contains the explanation that wyverns are not, in fact, dragons, just a little bit down the article.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2019, 11:37:28 am »

You literally linked to google. I presume your result was something like Wikipedia, which also contains the explanation that wyverns are not, in fact, dragons, just a little bit down the article.

If we're being pedantic:

A wyvern (/ˈwaɪvərn/ WY-vərn, sometimes spelled wivern) is a legendary bipedal dragon[1] with a tail often ending in a diamond- or arrow-shaped tip.

Wyverns are very similar to dragons, and in many languages, cultures and contexts no clear distinction is made between the two. Since the sixteenth century, in English, Scottish, and Irish heraldry, the key difference has been that a wyvern has two legs, whereas a dragon has four. However, this distinction is not commonly observed in the heraldry of other European countries, where two-legged dragon-like creatures being called dragons is entirely acceptable.

But seriously. Its not important. :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 11:39:27 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2019, 11:40:04 am »

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure where google linked to

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2019, 02:03:33 pm »

How topical.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2019, 01:34:14 am »

Though La Chaleur's form, vague as it was, did not have the ability to frown, any of those who looked upon La Chaleur would understand a distinct sense of disappointment coming from it. Its recent endeavors had not been finding any success, and the God of the Hearth was dissatisfied with its failures. Still, this time around, it at least had the time to fix them and to achieve what it actually sought to, through careful and meticulous work. And so it traveled Yil, carving circles in the ground around its columns of fire -- and infusing the heat from its fires with the quality of life and comfort that it was trying to instill.

La Chaleur carefully bounds the fire emanating from its volcanoes and columns of fire, and enchants them with the radiation of life and comfort that it had attempted to instill in the first place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2019, 01:34:23 pm »

Acter - having been busy with a wide variety of things - finally returns their attention to the world, and thinks for a while.
And so they come to an idea.

Acter weaves into the Iavodell around Yil a season of Improvement, such that there is a quarter of the year wherein all beings are more motivated to accomplish their goals and find it easier to improve themselves; mortals may take the time to train new skills or hone their craft, a wolf may challenge their alpha for leadership of the pack, a tree may simply grow taller to gather more of the sun. This shall be a time of action.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2019, 03:21:44 pm »

Acter - having been busy with a wide variety of things - finally returns their attention to the world, and thinks for a while.

Acter weaves into the Iavodell around Yil a season of Improvement, such that there is a quarter of the year wherein all beings are more motivated to accomplish their goals and find it easier to improve themselves; mortals may take the time to train new skills or hone their craft, a wolf may challenge their alpha for leadership of the pack, a tree may simply grow taller to gather more of the sun. This shall be a time of action.
Can we introduce this IRL please? Possibly coincident with the finals.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2019, 03:29:56 pm »

Lol, yeah, it really would be helpful. Unfortunately, I am neither God nor a god in real life.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2019, 03:31:51 pm »

Lol, yeah, it really would be helpful. Unfortunately, I am neither God nor a god in real life.

Midterms tomorrow. Why you gotta do me in like this man?
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2019, 04:49:47 pm »

I have not left my house in three days except to walk the dog I am very lonely I’m begging you please Glass
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2019, 04:56:22 pm »

I have not left my house in three days except to walk the dog I am very lonely I’m begging you please Glass
I hope Naturegirl is my child instead of you, at least I don’t get these negative vibes for my mental health, Kappa
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16