Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Too Many Gods: Age of the Earth, Turn 2 [14/12] Waitlist Open  (Read 23305 times)

Chiper9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 3 [12/12] Waitlist Open
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2019, 12:54:56 am »

Now with the safety of the dead ensured and his realm safe outside threats, Morrak takes a moment to considers Yilr-Gax's offers. The God of Light has offered servants with his Angels and has already tasked them with ferrying the dead to his realm. This alone would be enough curry Morrak’s favor and draw him to Yilr-Gax’s side, but when Morrak sees the God of Shadowing doing the same he pauses. If he would to take a side now the dead would be endangered and be at risk of being lost forever.

[X]In the waters of Iavodell, by his Mausoleum, Morrak sees a battle unfolding between an Angel and a Psychopomps. Fearing that this conflict would spread to those guiding the dead to his realm, Morrak stuck down the fighters and gathered a shard of their essence for his newest work. Near the sight of the battle, on the edge of his realm, Morrak created a grand gateway for all the dead to be welcomed at. Then using the gathered essence as catalyst for his authority Morrak binds these beings and those that have either of their essence flowing through them, to his laws inscribed on the arch of the gateway for all to see.

Those that guide the dead to my Mausoleum are under my protection and any who harm to them while they guide their charge  shall be forever banned from my realm.
Those guides with a charge who seek out conflict and doing so put the dead in danger shall also be banned from my realm.
For those eternal beings that break this law either of these laws, they shall know mortality for as long as they break this law and if the charge is destroyed then they shall be mortal forever.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2019, 01:34:27 am »

[X]Megiddo loooked at his Heliomanstas and He was satisfied. Finally the universe was in balance. Uncertain on what to do next He pondered and wandered Iavodell until he stumbled on Groladrath, who had strange, leech-like beings on her shell, sapping her strenght. While he knew that, in their limited numbers, they would likely never pose a serious threath to His creations, It felt unfair let the World Turtle and the Heliomanstas get leeched without a possibility to defend themselves.

So he set out to work in the starforge, kindly offered by the Bright One to all the Toughts. He shaped life and light into being and so He created the Barbarnacles. These barnacle-like beings are as big as mountains, proportioned in size to their hosts, the Heliomanstas and the World Turtle. They live off scraps and dead skin, sometimes a bit of Blood in the case of the Heliomanstas, usually living sedentary and quiet lives. However, if they sense that their hosts are being attacked by the psychopomps, they quickly rally to the defense, moving with surprising speed on crab-like legs and unleashing a panoply of acidic and luminous natural weapons. While they are very few in numbers, their immense size and strenght makes them more than able to defend their hosts by the shadowy parasites.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:57:17 am by Leonardo8 »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 09:05:08 am »

Man, shadowclaw is such a copy cat.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 11:08:22 am »

[X] All was not well within the Worldmind. While at first the screams of those sons and daughters lost to the Plane of Conflict's nature could be ignored - their rebellion against it left Attaein in his entirety - for the very first time - remorseful. Fragments lost to the currents of the Iavodell and never to return. Lost to the whole.

To stop this, for every strand streaming towards the Plane of Conflict, a hundred more would sprout as it was about to enter and deflect around the Plane before weaving into a rope on both sides so as to keep the wayward child in check. While it could swing and rage within the Plane, outside a hundred others twisted around it and stopped its tantrum from tearing at the Worldmind. Thus the webway would be left unscathed and whole.

The other side of this freedom and connectedness, of course, would be wild magic for any who dared to cast spells within the Plane, for these erratic children would hardly listen to the demands of others. Given a reason - they would dumb a complex set of energies, driven by fluctuations in the Iavodell, into the Plane seemingly at random, forming spells impossible to control, but immensely powerful.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:54:47 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2019, 11:19:06 am »

[X] Placeholder. Battery almost dead and I've 4 hours to go in uni.
...you could have just waited until later, I think. There’s still about 12 hours left in the turn, at least.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:28 am »

Having seen the actions of others, the thoughts of『 』turn toward the shattered threads and broken slab and water within.

They see, and note the existence of the first life, which has moved on toward the afterlife, where it will find temporary peace. However, they also see greed envelop others, and anger. In those emotions, others may eventually wish to destroy reality.

And so it begins it's plot to protect that balance for aeons.

[X]『 』 gather up the broken shattered mind threads and stone and waters residing in the nothing, and breaks them apart, along with Nothing. From the Nothing,

Nothing is weaved to form an abyssal cloak, where no light or darkness shines on it, merely empty space, a lack of color, to cover the body of the servant.
Mind Threads, stone, and Water are mixed in Nothing, calcified in Nothing, and shaped to form bones of arms and a ribcage, with an empty huge skull, nothing but bones black and grey.
From Nothing and Stone and Reality, white-black iron chains are formed, to circle under the servant's command and bind others and reality to their whim.
And from the broken strands of knowledge is formed two swords, glittering white blade on black iron handle, capable of cutting through anything to Nothing. And yet showing a barrel which fires pure Nothing to end foes.

And from the Nothing is Nothing imbued into this servant, being capable of appearing in multiple instances as needed across Reality where the barriers between the Nothing and other places are thinned, to rectify that and repair the rifts. That is it's only duty. So it is made of Nothing, when destroyed, it shall reform as Nothing, for it is Nothing and a Servant of 『Nothing』. And so shall it guard the rifts of Nothing from those who seek to tear the veil apart and destroy the World, and Reality.

Despite this, it can also only appear in one instance to a group of mortals, as if to give them a chance to escape it's duty to bring them down. Physical attacks are useless, as is magic, for only that imbued by the mind can ever harm that which is made of Nothing and Clad in Nothing, wielding Nothing.

Nothing becomes the base of reality, with nothing existing beneath itself. Everything will end up here eventually. Though that will not always be the end of it.

Take head Thoughts, for the Plot is afoot, and mine own servants shall soon see to it reality does not break and bleed in the future.

Obviously this is another action accomplishing Nothing.[Nothing Aspect increase.] And that bonus will let me take action to create the Servant(s) of Nothing.

I'll note to Sensei this is effectively spreading nothing to connect to all of reality, while not affecting it, merely conforming to the shape from the bottom and the sides where the realm of the dead resides.

My Plot will take 3 turns to complete, with the last action being the creation of a Olympus-style realm. After that, 1 more turn to create something with Acter Nobody, a type of dungeon/adventurer domain.

Otherwise known as the Persona Reaper. It's duty is to ensure the threads that reality are made up of remain firm, preventing the destruction of reality by the Nothing bleeding in. It does this by closing and strengthening the barriers, and appearing in the local reality.

In game, a boss named the Reaper of Souls. Defeating it awards extremely rare high-tier materials, and prevents it from actually reforming for a while in that location.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:27:19 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2019, 12:42:49 pm »

Mechanical, please. I think that it’ll be more useful to me.
[X] Having finished the Engine, Acter considered the world and it’s future. While he considered building the infrastructure for an atmosphere, he decided that was a relatively simple thing, and could be handled later, when life could actually form. There was, however, something else that could benefit far more from being made when planes remained constructible: an infinite dungeon, a test of explorers’ skills and wills.
It would be situated where the Engine, the Plane of Chaos, and the Weblink intersected; or, if no such point existed, the Grand Labyrinth (as the dungeon would be named) would become such a point of intersection. To mortals going through it, it would be structured as a long sequence of rooms, randomly created and connected, changing with each new incursion, and beating better and better loot and stronger and stronger enemies as you progressed deeper. The underlying mechanics are stranger - the Labyrinth doesn’t quite exist until it is being explored. Instead, it’s rooms, monsters, and treasures are formed from assorted ideas and aspects of the collective unconscious, collected from the Weblink, passed through the Plane of Chaos to randomly arrange what was gathered, and processed by the Engine, which puts all the rooms into place and furnishes and arranges them as appropriate. Which means there’s no actual way to create an iteration of the Labyrinth right now, but everything is set up so that as soon as mortals exist to be able to explore the Labyrinth, it will be ready for them.

Also, he requisitions a group of angels to maintain the Engine, and make sure that if anything breaks in its workings, it is repaired and replaced in a timely fashion.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:08:06 pm by Glass »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2019, 12:53:15 pm »

At first Neheb enjoyed watching the conflict between the Angels and the Psychopomps, for it was something new that it could observe. But soon Neheb grew tired of the constant bickering and fighting between the two, interrupting its travel through the Iavodell and disturbing its thoughts from the wonder of all that was.

[X] Neheb creates the Leviathan, a great being born of living water. Though difficult to see clearly when in the Iavodell, as its watery form blends into the backdrop of the vast world-sea, flickering lights cast from the Sun, the Heliomantas, and the angels reveal a glimpse of its true form. A mighty serpent, coiled around and around in massive loops.

It is the unceasing duty of the Leviathan to patrol the Iavodell’s currents, to dispose of all that might which hinder travel between the planes, and to protect those that peacefully travel between them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:47:27 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2019, 05:02:16 pm »

[X] Xein’Shaan, in his eternal state of anger, greed, and jealousy at the creativity of the other gods, saw his kin creating servants for themselves, and decided that he could do that too. But alas, his lack of creativity led him to continue stealing the other gods labours. And so, he looked upon the Heliomantas, and decides that Megiddo (probably) wouldn’t mind if he took a few. And so, he removed the ability to be sustained by the sun from 20 Heliomantas. Instead, he makes them only able to be fed by the blood of their non-carnivorous kin. He also alters their form slightly, giving them terrifying mouths full of serrated teeth, and hide stronger than the strongest stone. Lastly, he copies part of the Corrupted Webmind into the Heliomantas, granting them sorcerous abilities.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:10:50 pm by LovecraftianFairyTale »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2019, 05:59:48 pm »

Mechanical, please. I think that it’ll be more useful to me.
[X] Having finished the Engine, Acter considered the world and it’s future. While he considered building the infrastructure for an atmosphere, he decided that was a relatively simple thing, and could be handled later, when life could actually form. There was, however, something else that could benefit far more from being made when planes remained constructible: an infinite dungeon, a test of explorers’ skills and wills.
It would be situated where the Engine, the Nothing, and the Weblink intersected; or, if no such point existed, the Grand Labyrinth (as the dungeon would be named) would become such a point of intersection. To mortals going through it, it would be structured as a long sequence of rooms, randomly created and connected, changing with each new incursion, and beating better and better loot and stronger and stronger enemies as you progressed deeper. The underlying mechanics are stranger - the Labyrinth doesn’t quite exist until it is being explored. Instead, it’s rooms, monsters, and treasures are formed from the forgotten ideas and aspects of the collective unconscious found where the Nothing and Weblink meet, a process conducted by the Engine, which also places all the rooms into place and furnished and arranges them as appropriate. Which means there’s no actual way to create an iteration of the Labyrinth right now, but everything is set up so that as soon as mortals exist to be able to explore the Labyrinth, it will be ready for them.

Also, he requisitions a group of angels to maintain the Engine, and make sure that if anything breaks in its workings, it is repaired and replaced in a timely fashion.

We do not actually approve of any structures that would lead directly to Nothing, particularly made by gods.. We still are hard at work creating our planes, please desist or face non-existence of the invading structure.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:08:30 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2019, 06:56:17 pm »

We do not actually approve of any structures that would lead directly to Nothing, particularly made by gods.. We still are hard at work creating our planes, please desist or face non-existence of the invading structure.
It’s been changed, don’t worry about it.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2019, 08:14:29 pm »

[X] Xein’Shaan, in his eternal state of anger, greed, and jealousy at the creativity of the other gods, saw his kin creating servants for themselves, and decided that he could do that too. But alas, his lack of creativity led him to continue stealing the other gods labours. And so, he looked upon the Heliomantas, and decides that Megiddo (probably) wouldn’t mind if he took a few. And so, he removed the ability to be sustained by the sun from 20 Heliomantas. Instead, he makes them only able to be fed by the blood of their non-carnivorous kin. He also alters their form slightly, giving them terrifying mouths full of serrated teeth, and hide stronger than the strongest stone. Lastly, he copies part of the Corrupted Webmind into the Heliomantas, granting them sorcerous abilities.
While i will always approve of the introduction of new monsters, please be careful with creating new predators. Balancing the ecosystem is a delicate work.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2019, 03:17:30 am »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:11:52 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2019, 05:46:01 am »

[X] Mahar creates the five Stone Elephants (named North, South, East, West, and Humboldt) and attaches them to the back of Goladrath's shell. If possible, Mahar will also balance the Black Slate, stopped or spinning, on the backs of the elephants and kick West's legs out under him/her, sending the poor thing out into a nastily eccentric orbit around the system (Whether West lands on top of the Black Slate or in Goladrath's maw is anyone's guess).

Ah yes. The four cardinal directions. South, East, West and Humboldt. North can be there too I guess. :P

Can I ask why you're yeeting West off into space, aside from the fact you can and this is absolutely a thing I want to happen?
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2019, 09:27:10 am »

Can I ask why you're yeeting West off into space, aside from the fact you can and this is absolutely a thing I want to happen?
What else would we get fat to mine from?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16