Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Too Many Gods: Age of the Earth, Turn 2 [14/12] Waitlist Open  (Read 23271 times)

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: Too Many Gods: Age of the Cosmos, Turn 5 [13/12] Waitlist Open
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:59 am »

(Aw, I didn't think I was being that ambitious. Ah well, the end result is fine by me for now.)

Oh! There was much hardship for the Wretched People. They cried out for their creator, but the Crone turned her face away from her failure. She gazed outwards into the Planes and knew what was to be done...

-Dirge II: IV, from The Black Book of the Crone, The Last Age

And as a God reached out to take Nothing from Nothing, a servant forgotten watched and stole away the completed Planar Orb of Nothing. For while they may be a god in name and action, Nothing shall be upheld.

From the Annels of History: End of the Beginning

I.E. There is a servant who upholds nothing, and plucking Nothing from Nothing means that it must be returned to Nothing. No need to change your action.

Nothing knows where.

Aren't there twelve gods though?

The Crone didn't make your orb. It says she took nothing from your plane, hence the eleven Orbs.

The way I understood it, the following orbs were to be created:
1. Orb of Light
2. Orb of Shadow
3. Orb of Death
4. Orb of Truth
5. Orb of Water
6. Orb of Fire
7. Orb of Air
8. Orb of Stone
9. Orb of Clockwork
10. Orb of Conflict
11. Orb of Chaos

Assuming there is an Orb of Nothing, though- sure, have at it.

On a different note - I love how the first three on my list spell out LSD.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:34:51 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2019, 09:38:04 am »

LSD
TWACCC

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2019, 09:47:15 am »

LSD
TWACCC
I love everything about this. LSD *twaccc!*
Noble Nafuni Engineer

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2019, 10:18:06 am »

Nothing can in fact be shaped and taken. It's just that usually only gods will be able to mess with the stuff. Once the Cosmic age ends, I expect doing so won't be really possible anymore.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2019, 10:21:47 am »

You literally just said making an orb of nothing wouldn't work because your servant dude would take it back.  Seems like the issue is solved to me.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:28 am »

You literally just said making an orb of nothing wouldn't work because your servant dude would take it back.  Seems like the issue is solved to me.
I mean, if you take nothing from nothing both will have nothing. There are 12 gods but i did not create a plane (though i intend to do so in the next age, once i hit that +3), so there is no "orb of monsters"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:28:00 am by Leonardo8 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2019, 10:36:14 am »

Yeah, but an Orb of Nothing being created is itself advantageous.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2019, 10:50:09 am »

I mean, if you take nothing from nothing both will have nothing. There are 12 gods but i did not create a plane (though i intend to do so in the next age, once i hit that +3), so there is no "orb of monsters"

Might want to make a plane relating to ever-changing living beings this turn - I doubt you can make planes next turn; or at least not easily.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2019, 11:20:50 am »

Might want to make a plane relating to ever-changing living beings this turn - I doubt you can make planes next turn; or at least not easily.
Oh, i know It will be a difficult action, which Is why i will wait my +3 bonus to do It. The terrawormers Is something i want ti do before the Age of earth starts, and they are more important to me than the Plane of Flesh. I can still make planes in the next Age, i will just have to roll for them , with a fat +3 bonus. From what i am seeing right now a result of 4 will generally be acceptable.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2019, 11:21:16 am »

The Orb of Nothing was made of nothing, and now Nothing has that nothing back. I'm fine with the servant gathering it up, it's not like the Crone's keeping track of them.

If people make further Planes this turn, I'm sure I can adjust my action to account for them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2019, 11:22:02 am »

Sorry , wrong post
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:27:23 am by Leonardo8 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2019, 11:24:33 am »

Oh, i know It will be a difficult action, which Is why i will wait my +3 bonus to do It. The terrawormers Is something i want to do before the Age of earth starts, and they are more important to me than the Plane of Flesh. I can still make planes in the next Age, i will just have to roll for them , with a fat +3 bonus. From what i am seeing right now a result of 4 will generally be acceptable.
((Did you just want to quote or say something?))

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2019, 11:26:46 am »

I did a mistake, sorry.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2019, 11:48:50 am »

((It’s fine, no need to apologize, you didn’t do anything wrong))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2019, 11:58:51 am »

I did a mistake, sorry.
Unforgivable.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16