Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PantheonQuest, Birth of a God [SG]  (Read 3035 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
PantheonQuest, Birth of a God [SG]
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:58:28 am »

"A burst of raw energy. Reality itself, contracting and erupting. A flash of light, blindingly bright yet oddly comforting. Colours, smells, sounds, tastes and sensory sensations unimaginable by any mortal. An aura of raw power, filling a room, as something of incredible strength creates itself from nothingness. The birth of a Pure God is truly something to behold." - High Scribe Anathar Cradensius, Birth of the God Cathai, Cathaian Court, 211 VA

Suddenly, you exist. An odd feeling, existence. As of now, it is all that you know. As your senses start working, you start to process your surroundings. Another odd feeling, perceiving. Not entirely unpleasant though. As you observe your surroundings, knowledge starts filling you. You are a God. A Pure God, created from devout worship alone. The rarest kind of God. No parents. No creators. Just worshipers. But who exactly are you?

Welcome, fellow forumites, to PantheonQuest. PantheonQuest is an amalgamation of text based God Games I've played in over the years, including Bay12's SPAMtheon and Ye Gods, as well as many other Diety-type quests I've participated and ran on 4chan's /tg/ and /qst/ boards. In this game, we take on the role of a single god, freshly born into a magical realm. We decide their path, and follow both their victories and defeats. As Bay12 sadly doesn't have an implemented die rolling system, I'll be rolling the dice myself to determine the success of our actions.

Name: (The name you have taken)
Appearance: (Your preferred physical form in this world)
Primary Sphere: (The Primary Sphere in which you are able to exert your powers)
Secondary Sphere: (A secondary, smaller sphere which you control)
Sacred Insignia: (The holy coat of arms used by your followers and clergy, to represent you)
Location of Court: (The location of your personal housing and seat of power)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: PantheonQuest, Birth of a God [SG]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 04:31:03 pm »

Eheheheh...
Some people would expect me to suggest Acter. Most people who would know to expect anything specific from me would expect me to suggest Acter.

I am not suggesting Acter. I have been reading too many Discworld fanfics recently for that.

Name: Commander Vimes [Alternately, The Guarding Dark]
Appearance: A middle-aged guardsman wearing beat-up armor and a police badge, smoking a cigar. The cigar’s smoke is a rain cloud.
Primary Sphere: Law
Secondary Sphere: The night
Sacred Insignia: A policeman’s badge
Location of Court: A simple home atop Dunmanifestin.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:33:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 04:37:03 pm »

Name: An'un Am'us
Appearance: A shadowy male of unidentifiable species, his face is featureless and his skin green
Primary Sphere: Secrecy
Secondary Sphere: Mischief
Sacred Insignia: A Dark green Question Mark upon a white background
Location of Court: Somewhere in a darkened void
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 04:38:40 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 04:12:05 am »

Eheheheh...
Some people would expect me to suggest Acter. Most people who would know to expect anything specific from me would expect me to suggest Acter.

I am not suggesting Acter. I have been reading too many Discworld fanfics recently for that.

Appearance: A middle-aged guardsman wearing beat-up armor and a police badge, smoking a cigar. The cigar’s smoke is a rain cloud.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 04:25:54 am »

Eheheheh...

+1

Need to get around to reading the Watch books. I know enough about him from wikipedia and tvtropes, so +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:23:59 am »

Name: An'un Am'us
Appearance: A shadowy male of unidentifiable species, his face is featureless and his skin green
Primary Sphere: Secrecy
Secondary Sphere: Mischief
Sacred Insignia: A Dark green Question Mark upon a white background
Location of Court: Somewhere in a darkened void
+1

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 08:47:38 am »

Need to get around to reading the Watch books. I know enough about him from wikipedia and tvtropes, so +1
Fair enough. You can take a read through this fanfic (it’s rather good) for where I got the idea for this thing in particular.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 09:36:21 am »

Commander Vimes. That is what you were called. The Law and the Night were your domains, and your current home was located in Dunmanifestin, the humble religious district of the recently founded port city of Ghar Kharat. The temple you found yourself in was nothing special, constructed out of wood and some stone. A little shrine was placed in the middle, hewn from a solid block of slate. A few offerings laid about; Flowers, both fresh and some quite expired, small coins and a few small weapons. Prime among them, however, was a large cigar. You took it, rolled it between your finger and your thumb, and with a little essence, lit it. Even the Gods were not immune to the seductive taste of tobacco. As smoke billowed from your mouth and the cigar, it coagulated, forming a little cloud of rain in the temple. Deciding this wetness wouldn't be great for the wooden floor, you stepped outside. The little cloud obediently followed you. Around you, some tiny shrines were present, dedicated to a dozen minor gods, saints, and spirits. None constituted a real temple though, most of them only a stone statue or altar. It took you some time to realize the two astounded little humans, gaping at you.

A:"What are you looking at?! Can't you let a deity enjoy his morning cigar in peace?!"
B:"Cower before me, mortals! Your God walks this world now!"
C:"Anything I can help you with, friends?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 10:56:06 am »

D. “What?”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2019, 01:39:35 pm »

C

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 02:15:00 am »

C
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2019, 04:42:09 pm »

A

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2019, 06:10:20 pm »

"Anything I can help you with, friends?"

"C-commander Vimes?" one of them stutters? "Indeed", you reply, reassuringly. "You've manifested?". "It appears so, little friend. Now, is there anything you need help with? All of this manifesting has got me riled up to do some good.". You grant the two mortals a kind yet subtle smile. After some silence, one of the two men speaks. "Well, we've been having some trouble. Aphrodisiacum is being sold in the streets. The elders say it tempts those who use it to worship dark spirits and demons, while the youth says it just makes them feel good, like pomegranate wine and spring tobacco. The gangs have been duking it out in the streets, and more and more people are murdered in the streets. We of the guard are helpless and don't know what to do. That's why we came here, to pray for guidance."

A: I'll kill them myself and burn their criminal empires to the ground. Justice is harsh and criminals should fear the law.
B: I'll gear, train, and expand the guard. I am here to guide the righteous, not to snap away every problem.
C: I'll ensure that the criminals keep calm. Gangs can be played like a game of chess, and the people may actually benefit from their cooperation.
D: I'll legalize the substance. The most efficient way to fight crime is to abolish ancient and needless laws.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2019, 06:18:20 pm »

D
Pages: [1] 2 3