Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Request, I think.  (Read 8448 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: A Request, I think.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 02:22:16 pm »

I actually have no idea, but I don’t think so, at least unless you have a very beefy computer. As far as I know, it is either a natural consequence of a certain amount of raw objects, or the original mods are already broken. Either way I don’t really have the know or the time to fix it. I suppose if you identify the broken mod (if that is the case) yourself I could take a look at it.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 02:50:13 pm »

Did anyone else try it?

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 05:04:13 pm »

As I was enstablishing a place for a new sucession game, it crashed. I have an error log in the spoiler here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2019, 05:14:16 pm »

Most of those issues are annoying, but most likely minor. However, the duplicate object bugs are probably the most serious problem. Try deleting one copy each of BODY:6FINGERS and BODY:2TOES_RQ_REG and generating a small new world. That might cut down on your crash bugs a lot.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2019, 05:18:25 pm »

Would duplicates cause crashes?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 05:20:40 pm »

They certainly can, yes. They also cause bizarre glitches.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 10:53:53 pm »

You can ignore the pony reaction ones for chocolate and wheat, Im in the middle of fixing those personally so right now the chocolate stuff doesn't do anything except give an error (at least, on my end).

Wasn't aware there were errors in the changelings body, weapons and pony body files. I'll have to fix those.

The things you discover when someone makes a mega-mod pack.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 03:04:02 am »

Hmm, strange that there are still that many glitches... The duplication errors especially concern me. I actually made a script for sussing those out, but it seems like it doesn’t work perfectly. Or did you add another mod? The error log hints at it, going from an unrepeated section to a repeating longer pattern.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2019, 05:05:32 am »

Hmm, strange that there are still that many glitches... The duplication errors especially concern me. I actually made a script for sussing those out, but it seems like it doesn’t work perfectly. Or did you add another mod? The error log hints at it, going from an unrepeated section to a repeating longer pattern.
I added jawa fortress and spellcrafts mod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 10:11:30 am »

That's probably it then, Jawa Fortress was the source of the new copies of 6FINGERS and 2TOES_RQ_REG.

I really need to get in there someday and attach suffixes to everything to make it more compatible, it'll just require adjusting a few thousand objects and take a while.
My mods and forum games.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 10:33:03 am »

Question: How long would the problem be fixed?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 07:27:42 pm »

Just delete one each of the two offending body parts, unless you want to go more indepth.
My mods and forum games.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2019, 06:27:11 am »

Explain to me like I'm five.

dewy60

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2019, 02:30:49 pm »

Also, whenever I make a medium history world, I think secret_grievous.txt may have cause it to crash as it was finalizing.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 02:38:29 pm »

I think you accidentally left out secret_grievous entirely. I'll look at it later.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3