Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind IC Thread (6/X)  (Read 6591 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (IC Thread (5/X) )
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 05:50:56 pm »

I travel to Eastside and go find Hilda
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 07:20:09 pm »

Ethan would quietly answer the mysterious call, hoping it was a paying job. If/when the bus arrives, he would not forget to board. He didn’t really know many people outside of odd jobs where laborers were needed for lifting and moving, and he wasn’t the type to get involved in any gang activities intentionally.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 09:09:36 pm »

"What?"
Act confused. Because I am confused, about a different part of it - why it almost killed her - but let it seem like I'm just confused in general.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:54 pm »

October 21, 12:10 AM, 2142
Seth Vimes (Glass)
(Presence Roll: 6*)

"What?", your act of confusion has clearly mesmerized her and you mentally questioned why she was almost questioned her and is what that moment she glubbed up. She resplies with a "Of course your field of jamming energy almost killed me!, that how my super works". At that moment you wonder if she has some sort of mental-based super around the head, with you not saying what exactly you mean, she must have some sort of telepathy power. She brayed back with Sorry I had a stressful day, I had a failed test with an appointment with the PAL Recruitment Drive and now I'm trying to wonder where I have to go for now. Sorry if I inconveniences you". You haven't even asked her your name yet, but you ponder where you go from now, especially since you let your temp work call go to voicemail. She is also currently trying to leave the conversation, will you stop her?

Spoiler: Seth Vimes (click to show/hide)

Jeremiah Nix NRDL
(Presence Roll: 7*)

As you take your phone out, you wait a solid twenty seconds before Devon calls you back! "Hey I got some corp executives and their cocky affluent progenies who want to initiate a personal training routine with us, sad part is they can't find get members that aren't supers and have an unnatural fear of them, which you know that I am, except I can send you the gig since I know that you one of my close friends that don't have one and could make a pretty big profit of this.". As you are talking to the phone call with Devon, you wander around the commercial hub also trying to mentally use your powers on random passersby and calculate you have a 3-4m (10ish) feet in which you can use your powers however sadly you don't,  have a measuring tape on you. However your testing with the people going by requires mental concentration, and with the focus on the phone-call you can't really see if you need to focus on their desires, just point your eyes towards their head and surface thoughts just come up into your head.

Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Zeth ? (Darkwarlock)
(Presence Roll: 2*)

You leave the Homeless Camp and go to the closest HoloBus stop and people still creepily look at you with your transient look but you don't mind, buses in the current world don't even need drivers anymore and is there is free month before you have to get your bus pass. Anyways the trip to the Apartments, going to the receptionist saying that your a friend and letting you in, in the hallway on the third floor you see no-one except two rough-looking men, with scarlet tattoos on the back of their neck of a dragon, and not really concealing their pistols well just in the back pocket of their jeans. Slamming on the door with their fists, Hey Hilda, the Scarlet Dragon send us for our protection money, and its been two months since. Why don't you come on front and so we can "renegotiate our deal.". As you are watching this and going to the apartment door, the other individual comes up and states Hey frickin' domestically challenged, why don't you leave before things get ugly." The gentlemen are staring at you eerily...

Spoiler: Zeth ? (click to show/hide)

Elea Maize (Naturegirl1999)
(Presence Roll: 3*)

The Director is dumbfounded at your statement and when you create the water shield around the two black body bags, "We can't just let you take these cadavers since their still our property Maize. I have a better idea you can research your parasites again, and maybe their the key to becoming supers ever since the Martian Shift?, while Director Jaime is pondering the applications of the microbes one of the security guard has is hands on a assault rifle (hopefully loaded with bean rounds), while the other has a taser activated making a horrible electric buzzing noise when you try to reach for the body bags and the Director speaks again. "I have a better idea than you taking the cadavers, we monitor your research and your allowed to research, we can even make some funding available, how does that sound... associate. Or will there be a problem?
Spoiler: Elea Maize (click to show/hide)

Ethan Summers (Dustan Hache)
(Presence Roll: 3*)

You silently call the phone hoping none of the other two people at the HoloBus stop, and the call you get is a big one. "We know what you seek Ethan and what you want, you have hidden from the public that your a super and that another super has tried to make your live a mess, we seek redemption and the ability to track the other super however we can't disclose our organization's title yet, just meet our associates at the Cargo 290 Warehouse in the Eastside of town, tomorrow at 5:00 AM", before you can even respond they hang up and the phone-number isn't even tracked on your FuturePhone. Weird you think, how would these people even know who you are and what they are and should you contact the authorities?, as you are making these mental connections you get on the HoloBus that takes you to the Tech Park in the Northside of town
Spoiler: Ethan Summers (click to show/hide)

What do you yall want to do next?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 10:15:11 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 09:48:12 pm »

I was hoping that she'd think I just didn't have the null aura .-.

Anyway now I quite distinctly need to return that call, apologize profusely, explain that a woman had just collapsed to the ground nearby and I was checking they were ok, and I presumably need to get to work now and I hope to never see that woman again.

(Of course I'm going to see her again. Something bad is almost guaranteed going to happen and I'm going to need to stop it. But I can - in-character - hope. Out of character I hope that I definitely see her again in a situation better suited to actually getting into the world of being a super.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 09:58:07 pm »

I say excitedly, ”oh yes, I would love to research here again. Maybe some of them take longer to kill their host? I might be able to selectively breed for parasites that keep their hosts alive. I’m assuming human hosts are still illegal, so we would need other animals, preferably larger ones, maybe chickens? I will do whatever you need me to do, which presumably involves removing the microbes from their hosts. Which means I will need something that can cut through the cadavers to remove them, and also some new hosts to put them in. How about we take the cadavers to the lab?”

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 10:01:40 pm »

Nix: Ask when the gig is. While doing this, focus on trying to find people's locations when I can't actually see them, in a radius around me. I want to see if I can detect people who are hidden, even if I can't detect anything more than the barest traces of thought or intention.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 10:07:15 pm »

the call seems suspicious, but they seem to have a fair amount on me as it stands. Either this is a trap, or a golden opportunity.
Ethan would ponder who would want to spy on him like that, and why they are being so secretive. also, He gets off the bus once it arrives at the park.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 10:21:22 pm »

i use my power Temporal Displacement to get the jump on them, i start the fight with nice slug to there face
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 06:19:27 pm »

October 21, Sunday, 12:20 AM, 2142
Seth Vimes (Glass)
You apologize the girl, getting an almost glimpse of her face and that she is a super with some sort of mind power, remembering you left a call to voicemail you head towards a obscure alleyway and leave the other girl to herself of the commercial hub with little foot traffic, you pick your FuturePhone up and get the recording and remembering the cheeky voiceline you. "Hey Seth, Nathalie here at SpaceExio corps making sure your ready to be available at the meeting on monday at 7:00 Am at the SpaceExio Main Spaceship Manufacturer and Fabrication Center, send a text or call me back to make sure you will be there, we have disclosed blueprints of another attempt on a private spaceships being constructed to Mars, but sadly can't tell more before the meeting, just gives a heads up" With that your PHONE VOICEMAIL ends, and you remember that she's some Super Tinker genius based on propulsion systems or material research, you can't remember what her specialty is. With that you get your phone up and call Nathalie. "Hey sorry, I accidentally saw a woman almost collapse... it was very bizarre" and Nathalie responds "Hey Seth that sounds rather freaky, with all that supers around the metropolis it seems the that things aren't as safe anymore. Anyways I hope you got the message and will be readily prepared for the conference and work tomorrow, and that where will be no other interruptions?”. You think of a professional way to reply. (+1 XP with the flawless socialization with the other super)
Spoiler: Seth Vimes (click to show/hide)

Jeremiah Nix NRDL
(Presence Roll: 7*)

Devon adds back to the questions you ask, "Oh we have a meeting for Monday at 10:00 AM, their willing to due a 1500$ monthly bid for two of the suckers, they just want two-three hours for four of the weekdays. However they have an irrational fears of supers is why their paying so high and are even scared of meeting with me! with such a weak super and want to get swole. Anyways something come up, gotta go, send a text or call back if you want confirmation. As your call ends, you try to hang around pillars and walls around people you can see behind FuturePlastic screens trying to see if your power works through walls and such. You focus your mind and reach out your hand, it doesn't even get weird looks at the customers that pass by. You can hear surface thoughts of what their surface thought is behind a wall of concrete of a store, you need to search for their mind a further and you hear another person thoughts on what they are trying to buy however the words are even more subtle and harder to focus on, however you definitely have a "mind-radar" as you refer to it, however it somewhat more taxing on the mind to keep it up. (+1 XP for training your super)

Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)

Zeth ? (Darkwarlock)
(Body Roll: 8*) VS! CC Thugs (Body Roll: 2*)
You focus your mind and the air molecules slow down, and you prepare a nice jab to the closest gentleman's face and his hand reaches for his forehead in pain and a slow-motion shriek of pain happens, your punch was enhanced by not only your muscles but by the speed of time as well. The other red thug shouts "Friiickk, He'sss a supeeer!!, the words in slow motion as your body is enhanced in the feedback of time, and reached for his pistol while the other man tries to get a knife even in pain, in which you try to go for another jab
(Body Roll: 4*) VS! CC Thugs (Body Roll: 6*)
Even during this temporal slow-down the other thugs wincing in pain, tries to tackle and wrestle you, he is slower at it than usually and you feel like your strength was only halted by a bit, however that's when you see the other thug hold a pistol and lay a 9mm towards your direction, the bullet is slower than usually but still freaking fast by your standards as you see the tiny explosion the pistol created. You barely were able to dodge it, and it scraps your shoulder but it still hurts. You throw the other thug easily to the ground, and the other thug is trying to get another bullet before, you feel as the apartment door their in is forcing itself out and is breaking, could that be Hilda?. You have a few slow-downed moments to think but your body still feel the sting of the bullet scraping on your shoulder. (You will get about 3 XP if you handle these thugs)

Spoiler: Zeth ? (click to show/hide)

Elea Maize (Naturegirl1999)

You shout out a phrase of "Oh yes, I would love to research here again. Maybe some of them take longer to kill their host? I might be able to selectively breed for parasites that keep their hosts alive. I’m assuming human hosts are still illegal, so we would need other animals, preferably larger ones, maybe chickens?..." before the Director interrupts. "While yes the cadavers and your research will greatly profit us, you also need to remember that its currently Sunday and that our work won't be effective and in full effect until Monday or tomorrow for what have you. I think we have stored these parasites and we will have suitable biological organisms for your studies, however we can't fully monitor with our current lack of staff as of today and our current advanced means of refridgeration will mean the parasitic cadavers won't die Maize. We will have the suitable metallic and advanced equipment you will need to research the organisms and anything else, even takes this lab coat on us". Director Jaime instructs one of the security guards to give you a white lab coat with a DNA symbol of Biotech Inc plastered on it and the Director speaks again. "Now I think we will be ready for you tomorrow for the more dedicated research, now anything else Maize?, and will you be available for here tomorrow?". Two security guards, one giving the lab jacket to you, the receptionist, and two fellow tired-seeming trainees, as well as the Director are looking at you to make your statement.

Spoiler: Elea Maize (click to show/hide)

Ethan Summers (Dustan Hache)
(Presence Roll: 5*)

You take the uneventful HoloBus trip to Tech Park in the Northside, and only a few stares as if you think some of the passersby heard your mysterious phone call, which you don't even know if you will go too, your thoughts direct themselves toward a source of income to make and why the world also to be so cryptic, and with a self-driving thud, the Bus reaching your stop and you take your leave to the Tech Park, in which self-fabricated grass and tech hobbyists wander, some with their HoverBoards or with their advanced Plasteel Quadcopters, and even a group of people are in advanced virtual reality set with their weird futuristic helmets, you see that "Cass" is on a plasteel table under a pavilion with her HoloLaptop setup and you direct yourself to her. "Your about forty minutes too early Ethan, and I wanted to just meet you back and see how things were doing, however that crazy story you say about my SO trying to kill you was so bizarre, is everything okay?...". You ponder for a moment before you make your response.

Spoiler: Ethan Summers (click to show/hide)

What do you yall want to do next?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:27:05 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 06:38:01 pm »

Nix: Excellent, I'll do the gig. After all, I'm not a super  ;D. After hanging up, head back home to my apartment and start practicing swinging the collapsible baton around, get used to it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 07:17:53 pm »

”I was going to do a bit of jogging to keep in shape while i supposedly had time to kill, but plans rarely survive first contact, i guess.
 Arguably everything is not okay, and it’s only getting weirder with mysterious phone calls asking me to do early morning meetings. heck, those same people even think i’m a super for some reason, can you believe that?”

Explain what’s been going on in my life so far, including the framing and the arson trap. if she doesn’t believe me, show the burn scars that should be all over my right hand and arm.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 07:21:03 pm by Dustan Hache »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 08:53:23 pm »

“I will be available tomorrow. Thank you for letting me come back and thank you for the lab coat.”

Take the lab coat, fold it, and leave the building and look for a place that sells backpacks. I don’t want to wear the lab coat outside since it would get dirty. If I get a backpack, I could put the folded lab coat in there and it would stay clean

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 09:29:13 pm »

“While I can’t give a full guarantee that nothing else weird will happen, there’s no foreseeable reason I can think of that could cause another interruption. And yes, I received the message. See you at work.”

Now, I had some job appointment to get to, right? That's tomorrow.
Let's look into the DTMC, I guess, since I have some free time (I think).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:40:43 pm by Glass »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2019, 11:39:58 pm »

go for a nut shot on the thug with a gun, then follow up by disarming him and taking the pistol from him to pistol whip the other thug
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6