Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 5/?)  (Read 3074 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 5/?)
« on: October 19, 2019, 07:38:45 pm »

In a place known as the year of 2069 the world has escaped an aftermath of an almost apocalyptic event known as WW3 in which NATO and an alliance between mega powers of Russia and China have actually done it, the nukes were dropped. Megacorporations have devoured the USA and other NATO-aligned factions and they have become corporatocracies, they desired revenue of the larger population force known as the Red Pact in which they had billions to gain access to. Not to mention that this Corporatocracy of North Atlantic had forced the world into a horrible global climate change that destroyed economies, billions of lives, and the continent's landmasses and atmosphere. Effectively the government of North Atlantic countries now have a political organization of NAC, Ultra high-net-worth individuals (UHNWI) now are the dominant lobbyists of the political force of NAC, even if some civil liberties exist for those on the bottom of the ladder. Dominant criminal cartels have risen up to this now modern economic world, as a world ridden with crime and inequality has been removed. There now only remains the crime infested urban sprawl of the masses and barren wasteland that still contain nuclear fallout. Technology in this world has unraveled the ability of near-sentient AI, fusion power, and much more but the greatest breakthrough is when humanity made Martian Base and discovered those multiple millennia-aged remnants of an unknown alien civilization and the excavation of those ruins.

Now the year 2142, seventy years in a world after the event known as the Martian Shift, a blindingly light of indescribable energy hit world with its glow, and the first of enhanced individuals have emerged. In the confusion of such enhanced power many tried to utilize their power for dramatic change in the political sphere, and humans that have unlocked this power as if it was from a different reality to together and then anarchy reigned for a time. NAC has reformed itself in a state that tries to maintain the control of corporation and federationists, a world-spanning league of the world super powers has established the Parahuman Associate League (PAL), a special law enforcement, and counter-terrorism agency developed by the New UN. The PAL Organization enlists the aid of supers in the quelling the wave of crime and terrorism, ostensibly to prevent another bright war, but in reality, to keep supers under surveillance and control for who knows what questionable purposes.

At the moment, there are three super classifications from the united governments , Villians are supers that use their powers to defy the law for personal profit or philosophy, Heroes are supers that have joined the PAL organization and use their powers to enforce the law and stop rogue Paras with a minimum of collateral damage, and Vigilantes are supers that have taken the law into their own hands, and dole out their own, often brutal version of justice on the streets.

You are a young adult in the NAC owned USA's northeastern mega-metropolitan sprawl's slums, Russia eastern nuclear frozen wasteland and rural outback, or Hong Kong’s seriously oppressed mass conurbation with authoritative martial law enacted to stop riots and only yesterday, you manifested superpowers of your own. Whether you embrace Villiany, Heroism, Vigilantism, or go Rogue is up to you but remember, the world is a dangerous place, and your survival isn't guaranteed.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:30:23 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:40:20 pm »

Current PCs

Spoiler: Ethan Summers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zeth ? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jeremiah Nix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Seth Vimes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elea Maize (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:16:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 08:28:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:11:28 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 08:30:16 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:07:59 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Street-Level Supers of a Near-Future Kind (OOC Thread 3/?)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 08:40:45 pm »

Spoiler: roll me (click to show/hide)

You are a... 4, 5, 11 so a Breaker, Master, and a Trump please describe whether you had multiple Triggering Events, or if they are one shared event. One must relating to becoming a different form, another to the manipulation of others or making minions, and your third power must relate to the manipulation of Powers in some fashion

9... Striker, your DNA has made you a Striker you can have it be a different Triggering Event or relate to the one that gives subliminal suggestion. This power must manipulate direct contact or melee capabilities in some fashion
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:04:30 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:11 pm »

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:37:09 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 08:58:51 pm »

I'll put in powers after you roll what my power type is.

8...a Thinker so your superpower manages information gathering in some fashion, Thinkers might use their abilities to gather or receive information, such as various types of clairvoyants including post-cogs, pre-cogs, peri-cogs and more. Alternatively, they are able to process the world around them in a specific way like noticing a "magical aura" on super and non-super individuals. You can now determine what events this is, and the Triggering Event for it. https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Thinker Here for more information

Sorry to forget  but people who have Assets: 0 or higher you can choose a Lawful Job or Immoral Job if you prefer, things like being a firefighter or a personal training assistant and anything legal. If you want to start out as a thug or criminal in some fashion just make sure to message me in your Character Sheet or with a post. Yes you can be a Progeny to the Russian Mafia or whatnot if have 2 Assets and choose a Immoral Job

Edit: I think 5-7 people seem fine for a cap, I’ll work on a IC around the morrow
Edit 2: It also is more helpful instead of editing your sheets, to make a reply to the power and your triggering event, allow me to give you mechanical benefits more easily ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:02:48 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2019, 09:10:21 pm »

so i'm thinking Temporal Teleportation for breaker

doppelganger for master

i'm thinking stealing but negation is also appealing
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2019, 09:43:55 pm »

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:46:19 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »

Does this make sense?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 10:09:58 pm »

Spoiler: trigger 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: trigger 2 (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 10:11:35 pm »

Requesting to import my old character, similarly to how Dustan did.
Spoiler: Do not poke the null (click to show/hide)
Before we continue, I'd like to check to make sure that if I get another power, I'll still be able to use it despite my nullifier radius, yes? If yes, take stats as given; if no, put Mutability back to 1 and put Presence to 0.
Mutability costs 2 per point, nevermind. I can get more stuff later.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:16:43 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 10:12:38 pm »

Spoiler: City Descriptions (click to show/hide)

I’ll look at Trigger Moments and powers in a few.

@Dustan Hache, looks good, I’ll see if I can set you up with an apartment of the NAC York Slum’s again and with a firefighter job, though with the amount of criminal organizations you might see some arson-based Supers.

@NRDL, Seems fine I’ll even write the power description for you.
Empathy Sense (Thinker): By concentrating on a human’s mind, you can see the surface thoughts, current emotions, and current needs of a human. With physical touch and concentration, you can get the memories of people, things they have attachment too, and even long-term goals and describing characteristic traits that their not even aware of.

@Darkwarlock, your triggers are interesting, is that a vigilante brewing up?, you might be recognizable by construction companies and a criminal organization I name up, let’s say the Skull Gang seem good to you, I can make them either a gang based that uses supers or hates supers, have a preference?
Temporal Displacement (Breaker): With mental concentration you can slow down time around you or manipulate it to go faster, during this event things are about ~25% slower to you and you move faster. This requires concentration, and you don’t know what will happen if you combine it with a Doppelganger and lasts about ~5ish minutes before time slowly alters back and your brain starts to get a ringing sound and hurts. Remember even the air molecules in the atmosphere are slowed down during time manipulation, so it feels like your trying to force yourself through the air and move somewhat slower and it feels difficult to breath.
Time Doppelganger: With the manipulation of at least two minutes you can make a clone of yourselves that follows your mental command almost automatically but there is time lag, it is a out-of-body experience and hurts your brain a lot, and will deactivate after a minute or so of continued use and your brain will be seriously stressed out after this. The duplicate looks like you but their is like this “time haze” around it and looks like if the person was a 144p version of themselves on youtube.
Power Suck: You can concentrate energy on your hands and with physical contact with another Super you can take a power at random, however this version will be a weakened version of that power based on what it is and last about ~10 minutes before the power starts to fade away

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:46:31 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2019, 10:51:15 pm »

You are a 2 and 12... so a Shaker and a Stranger. Please choose a power based on a aura of effect, like the ability to shoot a wave of fire around your body or cause minor tremors in the earth or even an aura of healing magic! Also please choose a second power based on stealth or infiltration, changing the way your body looks?, creating an invisibility field around you?, or maybe manipulate sound vibrations around you to not function. Please describe what these two powers look like, as well do they have different Triggered Events or are they the same triggered event?, and please describe what happened. https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Shaker and https://worm.fandom.com/wiki/Stranger if you need more explanation.

@Glass is it possible to give a basic rundown on your Triggered Event again?, as well you have an Asset of 1 and have a preference of a Lawful Job. I imagine being a research assistant or engineer for one of the multitude of corporations in NAC York works fine with living in a modernized apartment complex in the "better" area of it. I can also add family members and friends, if you so wish since of the Assets.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:56:26 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: [1] 2