Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31245 times)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 35): Bird of Prey
« Reply #300 on: November 30, 2019, 08:20:42 am »

Rodents survive being hunted in two ways: running fast, and finding a bolt hole where their pursuer can't follow.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 30, 2019, 10:59:41 am »

We should run into a thicker part of the woods to try and keep it from getting at us.
+1

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2019, 10:17:42 pm »

We should run into a thicker part of the woods to try and keep it from getting at us.
+1

+1

Find an immediate spot where there is thick obstacles between I and a hunter from above and to break line of sight from it. 
Pause and listen, and assess if it's safe to move to a more secure overhead, a hole, a cave, or nook under fallen trees.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2019, 10:40:29 pm »

+1

+1

Find an immediate spot where there is thick obstacles between I and a hunter from above and to break line of sight from it. 
Pause and listen, and assess if it's safe to move to a more secure overhead, a hole, a cave, or nook under fallen trees.
+1(not a double vote since I am +1ing the addition to the plan)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 01, 2019, 02:04:59 am »

+1

+1

+1(not a double vote since I am +1ing the addition to the plan)
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 36): Bird of Prey
« Reply #305 on: December 01, 2019, 06:45:01 am »

(3)You rush to the thick base of a nearby tree and stop, listening. You hear surprisingly quiet flapping, and then the bird-beast crashes through the canopy, once more carving 7 deep gashes into the place you dived to when it last struck. You take a few seconds to contemplate this - it was far closer last time and you were not near any tree, so it seems reasonable to assume that it can't see you properly through the branches of a tree you're directly under and will try to attack wherever it thinks you've moved.

Then you run. Though you're not entirely sure of where you are in the forest, you know the rough direction you need to take to get deeper into the forest, where it's thick enough to hide you from the beast or, at the very least, hinder it's movements and maybe even convince it you're not worth the effort. As you run, it continues to carve deep gashes into the ground where you've been. At first it isn't often close, but as you run deeper into the forest it seems to realise what you're doing and begins trying to predict where you've headed since it last saw you. As the trees get thicker and the canopy becomes more of a struggle for it to dive through, it begins attacking you with increasing franticness, screeching wildly as you run deeper into the forest. Then, for a moment, it stops... only to come crashing straight through the canopy, sliding across the ground and smashing through two trees before a third halts it.

(2) You barely dodge out of the way of the crash landing beast and continue running, but it quickly becomes apparent that the beast isn't planning on catching you from the air. It begins charging towards you on foot, awkwardly smashing through trees and letting loose a horrifying screech that painfully dims your hearing and puts you off balance. You continue running, but your ears are ringing in horrific pain and, despite it's difficulties getting through trees, it's catching up to you.

You can't be far from safety now, as the forest has gotten considerably thicker here, but the beast has seemingly gone into a frantic frenzy and is catching up to you. You don't think you can outrun it to safety. What do you do?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 01, 2019, 07:01:00 am »

Serpentine, serpentine!
Run in a zigzag pattern and get as many trees between us and the creature to slow it down.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2019, 12:57:00 pm »

Serpentine, serpentine!
Run in a zigzag pattern and get as many trees between us and the creature to slow it down.

It's not shooting at us. A serpentine pattern will just slow us down.

I do wonder why it's so dead set on catching us here. This does not seem like normal predator behavior. Maybe this is still something with the spirit drugs?

Run as fast as we can, and be prepared to dive to the side/behind a tree when it gets close enough to lunge at us

Maybe we could take off our shirt and attempt to throw it over its eyes?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 01, 2019, 01:00:07 pm »

Run as fast as we can, and be prepared to dive to the side/behind a tree when it gets close enough to lunge at us

+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 01, 2019, 03:30:56 pm »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 02, 2019, 04:00:50 am »

+1
+1

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 37): Bird of Prey
« Reply #311 on: December 02, 2019, 04:22:52 am »

(1)You try to keep up the pace, but you simply can't. You have been running for long enough that your limbs ache, you're pretty sure blood is coming out of your ears and your head feels like it's being repeatedly hit by a thunder-stone. You look back and, though the beast looks worse for wear, it definitely looks nowhere near giving up and is running towards you at a ridiculous speed. Looking back proves to be a poor decision on your part, however, as you turn back around too late to stop yourself from tripping over a particularly thick tree root. As you begin standing up, the beast lets out a loud roar quite different from it's previous screeches and charges directly at you, smashing through even more trees as it does.

(2)VS(2-1=1)It's all you can do to awkwardly throw yourself to the side, out of the way of the bird-beast's reckless charge. The bird-beast charges right past you, just barely knocking past your legs and slamming into even more trees before its charge is stopped by a direct, head-first collision with one. You're not exactly in a good position yourself, however, as you happened to jump directly into a spiky bush, taking a number of painful scratches before and as you leapt out of it.

The bird-beast is quickly recovering from it's charge. You can't outrun it. There are many sharp pieces of wood lying around, but you're not sure you could actually kill the beast with any of them. What do you do now?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 02, 2019, 08:37:12 am »

Looks like this might be our last stand, so lets quickly grab the sharpest bit of wood, charge the bird and stab any weak point we can find.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 34): Fight or Flight?
« Reply #313 on: December 02, 2019, 09:31:48 am »

Wait wait wait

Some sort of spirit-dream monster, clad in stone and metal, destroys everything it touches? It's a thunder stone chaos spirit!

(I wonder why it's attacking so hard, did we fall asleep on top of a thunder stone or something?)

Time to do some vision quest stuff.

1. Stop being afraid. We're Brave, we will either do this or fail, but we refuse to be a coward.

2. Start talking to it. Try to learn its name if we can.

3. Grab the stoutest piece of sharp wood in arm's length, just in case.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 02, 2019, 10:33:48 am »

Yes, I am Brave. I must now stop fleeing and fight this, Intelligently. 

Quickly find a spear-like piece of wood that I can use to stab its fleshy-parts under those rock feathers. 

Conserve my energy, preparing to move aside. 

Position myself where there is something behind me, to hinder it when it charges and I get out of it's way and follow with a fleshy-stab.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22