Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31250 times)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 33): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2019, 04:20:41 pm »

Slowly and quietly untie ourselves and get ready to get out of the tree if needed otherwise stay still.

+1
+1
+1
Well this was a fun game

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 33): Eyes in the Night
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2019, 04:48:45 pm »

Yep, at least when our chief dies we can still play as Ealrad

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2019, 03:57:30 am »

He's not dead yet, he still has a chance.

A small one but its still there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2019, 04:34:33 am »

Tis only a flesh wound.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 34): Fight or Flight?
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2019, 07:11:12 am »

Slowly and quietly untie ourselves and get ready to get out of the tree if needed otherwise stay still.
(1)You slowly lean forward, trying your best to be as silent as possible to the thing above you. You begin untying your legs. Time seems to slow down as your eyes slowly adjust to the darkness and you begin fumbling with the knot in ever increasing panic as you hear the rustling getting slowly closer. You soon come to a realisation - you made the knot too difficult to untie

Then the branch underneath you creaks. Before you are able to react, it loudly snaps and you are sent tumbling to the floor below with your legs tied to what's left of the branch. You immediately push the branch out of the knot with your hands and begin taking of the cloth tying your legs together, but it's too late. The sounds of branches breaking and shiny rock screeching crashes down on you, and it is all you can do to roll out of the way with little more than a scratch on the back, though you are not sure of the wound's severity and don't have the time to check.

As you finally kick off the cloth knot, you look at the creature in front of you. You can recognise its similarity to a normal bird, but it's thrice as large as you with a sharp rock body and eyes like fire glaring at you. You see that it's fall wasn't entirely controlled - it's right wing seems to be stuck in the base of the tree trunk, and the remains of your spear are just barely out of reach. You also think you see some flesh hidden just behind the metal of it's wings. You could take the opportunity to run and find a way to fight it at more of an advantage or you could grab your spear and strike it now, before it has a chance to react.

So. Fight or Flight?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 07:32:07 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2019, 07:21:24 am »

Flight

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2019, 08:30:44 am »

Its time to pull a Sir Robin, and bravely run away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2019, 09:01:31 am »

Don't even go for the spear. Just grab the branch we were tied too and smack the shit out of it.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2019, 10:18:11 am »

Fight!
Grab the spear and try to stab it in the fleshy spot, nothing we're likely to find is going to be more effective against a rock monster.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:19:50 am by mightymushroom »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2019, 11:26:56 am »

Quick, before we do anything... do we see any thunder-rocks nearby?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2019, 12:00:41 pm »

I chose to be Maker-Explorer-Chief.  I did not choose to be Warrior-Chief.  This has been plenty exploring, and time to make haste and run! 

The makeshift spear I made is probably no good because I made it. 

My initial observation of it flesh-looking under those metal feathers and rock body, still makes that this formidable while we're in unfamiliar land. 

If that bird's wing is hindered by the base of the tree, then running away now is more to my advantage to escaping this predicament. 

Run away, while favoring terrain for speed, and obstacles leading to hinder or prevent it from pursuing further!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:02:24 pm by Sanctume »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2019, 12:05:13 pm »

I chose to be Maker-Explorer-Chief.  I did not choose to be Warrior-Chief.  This has been plenty exploring, and time to make haste and run! 

My initial observation of it flesh-looking under those metal feathers and rock body, still makes that this formidable while we're in unfamiliar land. 

If that bird's wing is hindered by the base of the tree, then running away now is more to my advantage to escaping this predicament. 

Run away, while favoring terrain for speed, and obstacles leading to hinder or prevent it from pursuing further!
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 23, 2019, 02:54:03 am »

+1
+1

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 35): Bird of Prey
« Reply #298 on: November 30, 2019, 04:21:26 am »

Flight Chosen.
You run as fast as you can from the beast, forgoing all semblance of carefulness and quietness in an attempt to put as much distance between the beast and yourself as soon as possible. Your decision is soon followed by a horrific screeching sound and the noise of tearing wood. Briefly glancing backwards you see that the beast has freed itself from the tree, the base of which is mangled and torn from the beast's efforts. As the tree crumbles to the ground you continue looking forward and running, now with the noise of the angry beast getting steadily closer. Your heart is pounding, your ears deafened from the beasts screeches - and then it stops. The noise of the beast suddenly cuts off, replaced by the sound of breaking branches for a moment before silence falls.

You look behind you, but the beast isn't there. There is, however, a huge new hole in the branches of a tree, and even as you watch the tree begins to slowly fall over from deep cuts in its side. You quickly look around, but there is no beast in sight.

The realisation is almost instant for you, and you're barely able to dive out of the way before the beast suddenly crashes through the canopy of the trees with a screech that almost deafens you. It almost crashes into the ground, carving seven huge gashes into the dirt before crashing back out through the canopy.

It's hunting you like a bird hunting a rodent, and you're pretty sure that the only way you're getting out of this alive is if you survive until sunrise. Maybe then the beast will retreat back into whatever dark shadows it came from.

What do you do?

Apologies for the lack of updates this past week, I felt rather unmotivated for this and decided to work on another project of mine instead. I'm back now, however, and you can expect daily turns once more.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 06:00:05 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 35): Bird of Prey
« Reply #299 on: November 30, 2019, 04:30:01 am »

We should run into a thicker part of the woods to try and keep it from getting at us.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22