Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31301 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 31): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #270 on: November 19, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »

Right then... remain calm. We can do this.

Get a real good tight grip on the "previous branch", let go of the stump, swing back, and grab the "previous branch" with both hands.

Once we're hanging off that, assess the situation about our feet. Is there a branch we can set foot on safely? If so, use it. If not, look above us: is there a branch above the one we're hanging from we could grab if we hauled ourselves up there?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 19, 2019, 12:30:17 pm »

+1, yeah what Superdorf said

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2019, 11:33:30 pm »

Get a real good tight grip on the "previous branch", let go of the stump, swing back, and grab the "previous branch" with both hands.

Once we're hanging off that, assess the situation about our feet. Is there a branch we can set foot on safely? If so, use it. If not, look above us: is there a branch above the one we're hanging from we could grab if we hauled ourselves up there?

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2019, 02:25:08 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 32): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2019, 04:19:19 am »

(4)You shift your grip on the previous branch, trying to make sure it won't also break, before letting go of the stump and swinging back to your previous position. Or at least you would, if you could safely move the one foot on the lower branch back. As it is, you're forced to do a weird sort of controlled fall onto the branches below you by letting go of the previous branch and grabbing onto the one below, allowing you to move your feet back down beneath the rest of your body, where they belong. As for the spear... you don't think you have the time to get it, night seems to of fallen now. You don't think you can light a fire from up here without burning yourself either.

Is there any last-minute thing you want to do before going to sleep?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2019, 06:45:06 am »

Did we see any sheltered or semi-sheltered location from up in the tree, if we did we should go there for the night.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2019, 06:46:34 am »

We spent effort getting up here, figure out if the branch we are on is thick enough to lay on without cracking, if so, try sleeping in the tree

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2019, 10:02:43 am »

One of the biggest hazards about sleeping in trees is usually falling out of trees.
Do we have anything to tie ourselves to the branch? Obviously not so tightly that we can't defend if this location is not as safe as we'd like.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2019, 10:06:12 am »

One of the biggest hazards about sleeping in trees is usually falling out of trees.
Do we have anything to tie ourselves to the branch? Obviously not so tightly that we can't defend if this location is not as safe as we'd like.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2019, 11:19:51 am »

We're wearing clothes, yes? We can use some of the cloth for lashing material, if need be.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 21, 2019, 03:53:36 am »

+1
We're wearing clothes, yes? We can use some of the cloth for lashing material, if need be.
+1 I'm all for tying ourselves to a tree if everyone else is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 33): Eyes in the Night
« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2019, 06:28:07 am »

We spent effort getting up here, figure out if the branch we are on is thick enough to lay on without cracking, if so, try sleeping in the tree
(3)You are able to, with some difficulty, tear apart a piece of your clothing and tie your legs to the stable-looking branch you're sat on. While the position isn't the most comfortable, you're tired and are soon able to fall asleep.

You wake up suddenly. It's still dark and you can't see anything, but a few rays of moonlight shine through the branches above you. You are not concerned with looking at the beautiful night sky however - you're concerned with the rustling coming from higher up in the tree. You stay still for a few moments, slowly moving your head upwards as your eyes adjust to the darkness. You can see movement higher up in the tree, as well as the occasional glint of... feathers? No, that can't be right, birds don't have rock feathers.

As you contemplate what to do next, a sudden snap penetrates the silence and two sticks fall down past you. You're pretty sure that, whatever's above you, it just broke your only weapon.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 33): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2019, 06:47:13 am »

Slowly and quietly untie ourselves and get ready to get out of the tree if needed otherwise stay still.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2019, 11:30:29 am »

Slowly and quietly untie ourselves and get ready to get out of the tree if needed otherwise stay still.

+1
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2019, 11:35:53 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22