Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31289 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 28): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2019, 06:27:13 am »

Lets look around and see if we can see the mountain from where we are, then head towards it.
+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 28): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2019, 09:23:59 am »

I wonder how many spirits we'll find by focusing on what's "real"?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 29): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #257 on: November 17, 2019, 04:02:07 am »

Lets look around and see if we can see the mountain from where we are, then head towards it.
(1)...You can't see the mountain. That's not good.

You look around for a while longer, but there is no mountain in sight. You're completely lost in the forest.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2019, 04:28:01 am »

Maybe we should ask the spirits what to do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2019, 08:45:32 am »

+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2019, 11:57:40 am »

Try to find the river.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 30): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2019, 03:32:20 am »

(1)No matter how much you ask, nothing happens.
Try to find the river.
(6)You try and see if anything nearby could hint towards there being the river close by, but you don't find anything. Eventually you settle for simply looking around and, by sheer coincidence, stumble upon the river. As for which way it goes... yeah you're pretty sure this is the way to travel.

After a while, you can see the mountain in the distance. You're still very far away, however, and it's getting dark. You should probably make camp and make fire to stop unnatural beasts from attacking you, but you might also want to do something to stop something natural, like those fur-skin people, from attacking you.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 18, 2019, 04:08:14 am »

Look around for any sharp looking rocks so we can sharpen the branch we found into a spear, then lets find the most sheltered place near the river we can to make our camp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 18, 2019, 04:15:47 am »

Now that our movement is normal again, we could probably climb a tree and tie ourselves to one of the branches to sleep.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2019, 04:20:19 am »

Now that our movement is normal again, we could probably climb a tree and tie ourselves to one of the branches to sleep.
That sounds like a good place to hold up +1.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 31): Forwards is Backwards
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2019, 06:46:35 am »

Look around for any sharp looking rocks so we can sharpen the branch we found into a spear, then lets find the most sheltered place near the river we can to make our camp.
(4)You quickly find a suitable rock and, after a short while, are able to sharpen the branch into a pointy stick that probably won't break when you poke something with it.
(2)You begin climbing a nearby tree. You're quite smart, so you soon figure out a good spot to sleep and a way of getting to there, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

*SNAP*

The branch you were just about to grab snapped. You are now stuck halfway up a tree in a rather uncomfortable position with no obvious way up or down and a wooden spear precariously perched on a branch even further up. Darkness is falling.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:44 am »

Try to make ourselves more comfortable where we are, then go to sleep.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2019, 10:10:45 am »

We're in a rather precarious position here... sleep would quite possibly mean falling out of the tree.

How wide is this tree? How high up are we?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 19, 2019, 10:32:33 am »

The branch you were just about to grab snapped. You are now stuck halfway up a tree in a rather uncomfortable position with no obvious way up or down and a wooden spear precariously perched on a branch even further up. Darkness is falling.

Okay, the branch ahead is gone. I'm not sure why that would mean we can't go back down, though.

Recover the spear, by shaking or knocking it loose if we have to. Then look around for another nighttime perch and try to reach that.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 19, 2019, 11:34:55 am »

Okay, the branch ahead is gone. I'm not sure why that would mean we can't go back down, though.
Essentially, you swung yourself towards the branch to grab it while keeping nothing but one hand in it's previous position and, when you grabbed it, it snapped. Your character is now awkwardly holding onto the stump of the branch you were about to grab at an awkward angle with your other hand still holding on to the previous branch, leaving you in an uncomfortable stretch. Meanwhile, one of your legs is placed on a lower branch than it was supposed to because of this and the other is just sort of hanging there between your original spot and the spot you were trying to get to.

It's quite the pickle, to be sure.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22