Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31380 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 23): A Boy and his Shadow
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2019, 04:32:54 am »

What if we start to talk with the shadow?
"Hellooooo? Shadoooow, are you theeeeereeeee?"

No matter how much you talk into the pit, silence prevails.

I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a time skip option. Y'know, we've invented mats, blankets, slings, thwippers, at least partial clothes, not to mention discovering the truth about chaos spirits and overthrowing a false religion. That's a pretty full life for such a short time. If it wasn't for the crazy stuff Ealrad threw at us we could just rest on our laurels while the tribe rebuilds its numbers.
Okay, so, it's time for me to reveal something. You know how your character has the Intelligent trait? Well, it's not that simple. You see, there's a secret d10 roll to decide just how intelligent your character is, the higher the better. 1 is only above average, but 10 is a literal super genius.

Not a 10, but still a god damn 9. Not only did your first character roll well enough to get the Intelligent trait, they're a genius. Admittedly, they're a bit too smart for their own good and the long-term advantages are cancelled out by being narrow-minded, but there's a damn good reason I gave you that negative trait. You would be steamrolling if your character was capable of figuring out how things might work despite not necessarily fitting their previously established world view.

What I'm saying is don't waste your luck.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 04:59:41 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2019, 06:45:15 am »

Why don't we throw a bunch of the thunder rocks down the hole, I mean the thing in the hole doesn't like us already so throwing more things at it wont matter that much.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2019, 06:51:58 am »

Why don't we throw a bunch of the thunder rocks down the hole, I mean the thing in the hole doesn't like us already so throwing more things at it wont matter that much.

Some people just want to see the world burn. Imho you should focus on more earthly matters that improve your tribe's general situation. Build palisades around the place - stuff like that I guess.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2019, 07:40:28 am »

Maybe we should focus on making more clothing

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2019, 08:06:32 am »

Imho you should focus on more earthly matters that improve your tribe's general situation. Build palisades around the place - stuff like that I guess.
That would involve convincing them to leave the cave and they didn't want to that before, and I don't think we could convince them sense they seem to not like us.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2019, 10:44:33 am »

+1
Making stuff and not killing any more people settling into a life as normal will take the edge off the tension in the tribe.

(Meta section)
What I'm saying is don't waste your luck.
Fair enough. Although, it doesn't help much for things like raiding the forest tribe where numbers might be preferable to cleverness right now. Guess we'll have to start working on more cleverer inventions. (Wish I had more cleverer ideas to offer right now . . .)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2019, 01:00:24 pm »

Our chalk drawing didn't turn out so well last time. We can accept that we might not be an artist, but we can't accept that it prevents us from communicating as we wish to. Instead of drawing the whole thing, let's replace notable features with a symbolic representation for them. Instead of a drawing a whole forest, let's replace it with a single symbol that implies a forest, and maybe a simplified version of that means a single tree? Experiment with ideas for this with many different concepts.

(Let's not waste our super genius)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2019, 03:31:33 am »

Our chalk drawing didn't turn out so well last time. We can accept that we might not be an artist, but we can't accept that it prevents us from communicating as we wish to. Instead of drawing the whole thing, let's replace notable features with a symbolic representation for them. Instead of a drawing a whole forest, let's replace it with a single symbol that implies a forest, and maybe a simplified version of that means a single tree? Experiment with ideas for this with many different concepts.

(Let's not waste our super genius)
+1 To the better map.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 24): A Boy and his Shadow
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2019, 04:03:14 am »

(6)You spend some time making clothing. And when I say 'some', I mean you end up getting so involved in clothing making that it's almost the end of summer already. Your people do seem to appreciate the fact that half of the tribe now has proper clothing, and they seem to be less openly fearful of you, but there's definitely still quite a lot of lingering tension. You have a feeling that's going to take a long while to remove, considering the fact that killing a shaman is supposed to be cursed. Personally you don't think he was a true shaman, but you have to admit that this is one point a lot of people could reasonably be confused on.

...Hey, wait a minute, those shamans still haven't given you your lessons!
(1)Uuuh.... Uh. Ugh. Egh. Ugh. Eeeeeeeeegh.

You have more important things to do. Like... uhhh... convincing you shamans to actually teach you! Yeah, that's what you're going to do, now that winter's almost here. Makes sense to you.

So, What are you going to do? There are no issues of immediate importance, but you have decided that you're going to convince the shamans to actually teach you how to be a shaman.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2019, 04:44:25 am »

First we must convince the shamans we are not a raving madman to teach us, if we have any time after that but before the festival we could see if one of the women of the tribe is a bit more... accepting of us now that tensions have eased. Perhaps make them something as a gift?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2019, 08:38:51 am »

First we must convince the shamans we are not a raving madman to teach us, if we have any time after that but before the festival we could see if one of the women of the tribe is a bit more... accepting of us now that tensions have eased. Perhaps make them something as a gift?
+1 Wouldn't the clothing we've been making count as a gift?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2019, 09:35:39 am »

The last shaman (now ex-shaman) we intimidated convinced to teach us was a coward and a liar; but in between the base flattery he let slip something about a magic plant.

If the shamans are still uncooperative, get our hands on some of this 'spirit plant.' I'm sure the proper dosage isn't too hard to figure out for a spirit master like us.

Just a quick edit to emphasize the conditional. Obviously if we can find a shaman who isn't stupid and a liar, we'll listen to their advice.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:17:04 pm by mightymushroom »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2019, 09:52:54 am »

The last shaman (now ex-shaman) we intimidated convinced to teach us was a coward and a liar; but in between the base flattery he let slip something about a magic plant.

If the shamans are still uncooperative, get our hands on some of this 'spirit plant.' I'm sure the proper dosage isn't too hard to figure out for a spirit master like us.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2019, 02:59:53 am »

+1
+1 I'm all for experimenting with drugs spirit plants.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 25): AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2019, 03:18:35 am »

Just a quick edit to emphasize the conditional. Obviously if we can find a shaman who isn't stupid and a liar, we'll listen to their advice.
(2)For some mysterious reason, you shamans still never have the time to teach you. They're definitely avoiding you on purpose, aren't they.

Welp, time to huff some plants!

(1)...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22