Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31376 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 21): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2019, 05:27:31 am »

Explore the hole using rope to climb down safely
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2019, 06:59:47 am »

You feel like you're forgetting something...
An ancient presence disturbed.

We're still going down there, of course. Why wouldn't we? We're fine. This is fine. Everything is fine.

But for the love of sanity, take a moment to ponder our own mortality and designate Ealrad as our successor. What if we fall and split our head on a rock or something? Who'll keep the tribe from disorder?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2019, 07:02:04 am »

We're still going down there, of course. Why wouldn't we? We're fine. This is fine. Everything is fine.

But for the love of sanity, take a moment to ponder our own mortality and designate Ealrad as our successor. What if we fall and split our head on a rock or something? Who'll keep the tribe from disorder?
+1
So the plan is to designate Ealrad as our successor and explore the hole. Sounds good to me

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2019, 07:27:16 am »

+1
So the plan is to designate Ealrad as our successor and explore the hole. Sounds good to me
+1 we should also take some of the thunder rocks with us just in case.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2019, 02:52:10 pm »

+1
+1 we should also take some of the thunder rocks with us just in case.
+1. Also a spear
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 22): A Boy and his Shadow
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2019, 06:46:56 am »

Apologies for the lack of an update yesterday, I got a gateway error that's only just gone away.
(6)You want to explore, but you also understand well the possible consequences of a failed expedition. The tribe has been incredibly unruly as of late, and they could very well decide to replace you while you're gone. At the very least they're likely to follow the tribe's old traditions, so you eventually decide to designate Ealrad as your heir. He is pretty popular among the people of the tribe and has a lot of promise, being quite smart and interesting to talk to. Even your unruly tribe is likely to accept him for the simple reason that he's just good at taking charge in general. Besides, you're pretty confident that he's one of your father's children, as your father wasn't exactly restrained when it came to lovemaking.

Now you're looking at the rather excited young boy, informing him of your decision to designate him as your heir and explore the hole. He is quite excited at being designated heir, but he frowns when you tell him of your plan to explore the hole. "You probably shouldn't go down there, the Shadow doesn't like visitors."

There's an awkward pause as you process what Ealrad just said. "...Shadow?"

He nods. "Mhm. He's a bit grumpy, but he helps me with my inventions!"

"And this... Shadow... doesn't like visitors?"

"Mhm! Even I'm not allowed to visit his home - he killed me when I tried!"

You stare at Ealrad. "But you're alive."

"Yeah, he brought me back!"

...Maybe you shouldn't explore the hole yet. You're pretty confident you've just stumbled upon something far more interesting.

What are you going to do now? Issues of immediate importance are the words Ealrad has just uttered.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 22): A Boy and his Shadow
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2019, 07:20:13 am »

Lets ask him a bunch of questions, like how did he meet the shadow, how it brought him back, and why it killed him.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 22.5): A Boy and his Shadow
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2019, 08:46:33 am »

Lets ask him a bunch of questions, like how did he meet the shadow, how it brought him back, and why it killed him.
"How did you meet it?"

"He just started talking to me one day and I spoke to him. He seemed surprised, but he eventually started responding to me."

"How did it bring you back? For that matter, why did it kill you?"

"I tried to follow it into the hole and he got upset. He stabbed me and then I was back at the top of the hole, un-stabbed. It didn't even hurt""

"Why are you calling it a 'he'?"

"His voice is deep."

"How does it help with your inventions?"

"Ah, that's a secret I'm not allowed to tell you!"

"Why?"

"I dunno."

"Well, do you have a possible reason you can't tell me?"

"You really like questions, don't you?"

Ealrad simply begins ignoring you at this point. If it wasn't for the fact that he's your heir, you'd beat the insolent boy. Then again, you have a strange feeling that beating him would end very painfully for you.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2019, 09:38:27 am »

What if we start to talk with the shadow?
((This is a suggestion, not a question to Ealrad, as he said no more questions))

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2019, 01:21:11 pm »

((This is a suggestion, not a question to Ealrad, as he said no more questions))
Well I think throwing in the thunder-rock earlier may have made that a bit... unwise

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2019, 02:11:10 pm »

Well I think throwing in the thunder-rock earlier may have made that a bit... unwise
:P

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2019, 05:11:25 pm »

Killing a Saman was unwise, too, Maybe we could say that we weren't thinking clearly when we threw the rock down if the Shadow mentions it

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2019, 09:58:58 pm »

We could always just dump a whole bunch of thunder-rocks down there. All at the same time. For science.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2019, 10:12:55 pm »

I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a time skip option. Y'know, we've invented mats, blankets, slings, thwippers, at least partial clothes, not to mention discovering the truth about chaos spirits and overthrowing a false religion. That's a pretty full life for such a short time. If it wasn't for the crazy stuff Ealrad threw at us we could just rest on our laurels while the tribe rebuilds its numbers.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's your heir, you'd beat the insolent boy. Then again, you have a strange feeling that beating him would end very painfully for you.
I say we give the boy a bit of a thrashing anyway. Ain't no invisible talking shadow whatever gonna boss us around.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2019, 10:29:05 pm »

I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as a time skip option. Y'know, we've invented mats, blankets, slings, thwippers, at least partial clothes, not to mention discovering the truth about chaos spirits and overthrowing a false religion. That's a pretty full life for such a short time. If it wasn't for the crazy stuff Ealrad threw at us we could just rest on our laurels while the tribe rebuilds its numbers.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's your heir, you'd beat the insolent boy. Then again, you have a strange feeling that beating him would end very painfully for you.
I say we give the boy a bit of a thrashing anyway. Ain't no invisible talking shadow whatever gonna boss us around.
This shadow can kill and bring back people. I say we don’t make it dislike us anymore than it likely already does. It also isn’t a good idea to beat up our heir.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22