Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31382 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 2 Winter (Turn 19): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2019, 02:04:58 pm »

Technically speaking, you have not yet designated an heir and the game could end if you died. Luckily for you, your father was very... loving to the women of the tribe and it should be pretty easy to find out whether or not he was the father of someone you want to inherit the tribe, like Ealrad for example, but you have yet to do that.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2019, 03:49:50 pm »

Okay so our current todo list seems to be:
-make clothes
-put thunder-rocks in rock-throwers to see what happens
-"create" an heir with one of our tribeswomen (or several) preferably before we mess with thunder-rocks
-name Ealrad as protector/interim chief if we die while our heir is too young to rule (also preferably before we mess with thunder-rocks)
-continue making mats cause why not
-ask people why they're so terrified (preferably while using a toothpick made from the Truth-shaman's splintered skull)

So has the tribe had any births since we moved here?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2019, 04:01:04 pm »

Take a particularly chalky rock and sketch out a picture of the mountain and general area on the cave wall somewhere.

What's the point in being the explorer chef if we don't record where we have been?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2019, 04:15:11 pm »

So has the tribe had any births since we moved here?
There's been a few since you began your reign, but you've lost double that amount in the expulsion of the most 'devout' liars.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2019, 04:25:22 pm »

Take a particularly chalky rock and sketch out a picture of the mountain and general area on the cave wall somewhere.

What's the point in being the explorer chef if we don't record where we have been?
+1
-make clothes
-"create" an heir with one of our tribeswomen (or several) preferably before we mess with thunder-rocks
-name Ealrad as protector/interim chief if we die while our heir is too young to rule (also preferably before we mess with thunder-rocks)
-ask people why they're so terrified (preferably while using a toothpick made from the Truth-shaman's splintered skull)

Let's not do the part I struck out

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2019, 05:58:03 pm »

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2019, 02:38:23 am »

+1
-make clothes

Let's not do the part I struck out
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 20): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2019, 05:36:17 am »

(1)After finding a rock you deem to be chalkier than the others, you make a little map of your surroundings.
Spoiler: 'Map' (click to show/hide)
...You blame the chalk. Too few colours.
Last winter the tribespeople suggested clothing. We already have good sheets for lying down, let's try to innovate a way to hold them in place while we're standing upright.
(6)Well you already have some clothing already, so you have a good general idea for how to make clothing, you're just not sure exactly how to weave the fibres. After making sure all the skins have already been used for clothing purposes, you begin making some proper fibre clothing. You quickly figure out that you're not going to be able to make clothing out of a single mat of fibre, as the knots and skill required to do such a thing are certainly beyond you. Instead, you make each piece of the clothing separately. The chest piece, the arm pieces, the leg pieces, all are made separately and then tied together to form nice, warm clothing that covers the entire body. It's not perfect at first, as you are unable to bend your arms and legs when you put the clothing on, but you solve that by making the leg and arm pieces two separate pieces that are tied together. You also add some fibre connected to the top of the clothing with a cleverly carved little rock. This allows someone to loosen the top of the clothing, get in, and then tighten it as much as they need to be comfortable.

It takes a while to make, but you're confident your people will like it.
We should probably find out whats scaring our people, then help the shamans with what their doing so they have time to teach us stuff.
(4)Speaking of your people, you've been getting a suspicious feeling that they're avoiding you. You have to admit, you can definitely see how people with less bravery than you might be intimidated by your boldness. Well, time to prove to your shamans that you aren't evil, maybe then they'll actually teach you something for once.

(4VS1)In the end, you are easily able to help them solve all the issues they claim to be plagued by and you find and opportunity to corner one of the shamans into teaching you for once.

"O-okay, I'll, I'll teach you about the spirits and shamans and uh, yeah. So, uh, you clearly already know everything about spirits, uh hehe, so I'll just uh, continue right on with the shamans. So, they're essentially the people who can see the spiritual through use of spirit plants and are accepted by the sp-"

"The spirits accept shamans who lie? The spirits sound foolish to me."

"W-w-well no, I uh, I mean to say that the spirits accept a chief and, since the chief then can appoint a shaman, shamans are basically uh, appointed by spirits!"

"Okay..."

"And um, if all the spirits accept the chief, that means he's destined for greatness! And uh, all the sp-"

"Do I look like an idiot to you?"

"N-n-no! I mea-"

You tear the stuttering shaman's wooden crown from his head. No good shaman should immediately resort to desperately placating his chief because he's too afraid - the only reason for his fear is that he must be one of the liars or the fools. You will not accept either in positions of power. Besides, you know someone far more fitting for the role.

A short while later, Ealrad officially becomes a shaman after his 14th year on this world. You are confident he will be a better shaman than any of his older, 'wiser' brethren.
but don't forget our mat-weaving duties.
(4)And of course you weave a couple new mats to replace some particularly ripped ones, as you're obligated to do.
...which by the way, gives us a fantastic idea for upgrading our rock-throwers! Imagine, hails of *thwip*-hurled thunder-fire violently obliterating all that stands in our way!
(1)4 men of your tribe just died trying this. Let's not continue doing it.
We might also want to uh, "create" a backup heir incase us and Ealred die horribly during an experiment.
(1)For some reason, no women are interested in you. You're beginning to get rather annoyed at the fact that most of your tribe seems to be avoiding you - do they even take you seriously? Are they all secret liars and fools? Perhaps you were too kind in allowing so many to leave - maybe you should just kill the next person who questions you.

(45)One day, someone disappears. They were last seen heading towards the hole deep in the cave.

What are you going to do? You swear the tribe has been ignoring you these past few moon-turns, even though it's now past mid-spring. Perhaps it's time to make an example out of someone?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:50:58 am by TankKit »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2019, 06:32:13 am »

I think we might be screwed.
Lets just do some nice things for our people for a while, to try to get them to like us again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2019, 06:42:43 am »

Lets just do some nice things for our people for a while, to try to get them to like us again.
+1
Head to the hole with some ropes, maybe whatever is down there will be found when climbing down

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2019, 08:47:36 am »

On the plus side, we just invented buttons.

On the minus other plus side, everyone thinks we're a hotheaded, murderous egomaniac.

Who is the brave explorer chief around here?! We are!
No one can claim that he explored the deep hole in the cave before us!
We must go down there and discover more awesomely awesome stuff and make sure this fellow isn't spreading any dirty lies about us and our discoveries!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2019, 01:34:38 pm »

On the one hand I want to designate Ealrad our successor for when the hole monsters inevitably murder us in case something bad happens, but on the other I don't want people just leaving us in the hole because they want a less "murdery" chief.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2019, 01:45:36 pm »

On the one hand I want to designate Ealrad our successor for when the hole monsters inevitably murder us in case something bad happens, but on the other I don't want people just leaving us in the hole because they want a less "murdery" chief.
I’m not surprised they want a less murdery chief, there are plants down there, and if we don’t designate someone as our heir the tribe will have no leader

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 21): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2019, 04:00:37 am »

Who is the brave explorer chief around here?! We are!
No one can claim that he explored the deep hole in the cave before us!
We must go down there and discover more awesomely awesome stuff and make sure this fellow isn't spreading any dirty lies about us and our discoveries!

(?VS?)Who's the bravest?! You're the bravest! You can conquer any fear, defeat any evil, and rule your people the best you can! You're the best around, the greatest ever, the strongest, the smartest and the most powerful of them all! You're undefeatable!

...Why are you hyping yourself up? That's weird. You decide to stop doing that.
(3)You're already perfectly nice, why should you change anything?

Uh...What are you going to do now? You feel like you're forgetting something...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 07:04:39 am by TankKit »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Spring (Turn 21): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2019, 04:06:16 am »

Explore the hole using rope to climb down safely
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22