Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31325 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 2 Summer (Turn 18): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2019, 12:38:07 pm »

Oh fuck.

Was that a 6 for us and a 1 for him, or the other way around and the murder was our overreaction?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2019, 01:39:57 pm »

The wording of the action was you listening to his explanation, therefore he was the 'attacker' in this scenario and rolled the 6. He was so convincing that your narrow-minded character grew tired of his shit and just killed him and kicked out his followers, which was pretty much the worse possible outcome for you. Well, maybe not so bad short term, but long term? Well... :P
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2019, 01:41:57 pm »

To be kind of honest, i think the Shaman's explanation made some sense. Too bad our chief is narrow minded

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2019, 04:25:38 pm »

To be kind of honest, i think the Shaman's explanation made some sense. Too bad our chief is narrow minded

Ditto.

I'd like to go on another hunt before the summer is over.
Is there any place accessible that isn't forest dudes' territory or is that our only track?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2019, 04:30:22 pm »

Is there any place accessible that isn't forest dudes' territory or is that our only track?
You could travel along the mountainside a few hours past the the stream to reach a less forested area.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2019, 04:35:11 pm »

You could travel along the mountainside a few hours past the the stream to reach a less forested area.
Let's explore and hunt over there, then, for a change of pace.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2019, 03:02:41 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2019, 03:47:42 am »

+1
+1

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 2 Winter (Turn 19): Of Shamans and Liars
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2019, 05:42:15 am »

(5)It's been a long time since you did some exploration, so you decide that it's time to relax and do some hunting. The forest is too dangerous, being home to the mysterious and deadly forest tribe, but you know from previous exploration that the forest lessens the further past the stream you go. So you take a few brave men with you and head out with the fibre storage over your shoulder and full over plant foods. This time you also take the Thwippers and rock-throwers with you to test them in action and see how they perform against living creatures.

The result? Both weapons perform admirable, with the rock-throwers easily shattering the bones of most creatures and the Thwippers impaling wildlife like a sharpened stick in dirt. There is an important difference, however. The rock-throwers were far less accurate and often left the creature limping away with shattered legs, assuming said creature did not hear the rock-thrower being swung around before hand and the rock didn't just miss. The Thwippers, meanwhile, were as silent as they were deadly and quite easy to aim compared to the rock-thrower, allowing you to kill creatures with a single *thwip*. You definitely prefer the Thwipper for surprise attacks, but the rock-thrower still seems like it could be a more viable choices for an actual fight against a large group of people. The Thwipper also feels like it's missing something, but you're not quite sure what. Hmm. Well, the hunt was quite successful either way and you return to the cave home with plenty of food. It is soon eaten and you leave to hunt once more, spending the rest of the summer hunting and eating more meat than usual. Your people seem to appreciate it, but many also seem scared of something. Odd.
Lets just learn from the shamans for now.
(1)Winter comes and it's time to learn from the shamans... but they don't teach you anything. They repeatedly seem to have something else to do, becoming quite actives workers considering the season. You're not complaining, but you would really prefer if they just sat down and actually taught you something for once.

What are you going to do? Winter is here and your shamans have become quite active workers, something you appreciate a lot! Otherwise, there are no issues of immediate importance.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2019, 06:37:12 am »

We should probably find out whats scaring our people, then help the shamans with what their doing so they have time to teach us stuff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2019, 08:41:05 am »

We should probably find out whats scaring our people, then help the shamans with what their doing so they have time to teach us stuff.

Sure, +1... but don't forget our mat-weaving duties.
Also, I'm pretty sure the thing scaring our people is us. We did kinda explode a guy's head back there...

...which by the way, gives us a fantastic idea for upgrading our rock-throwers! Imagine, hails of *thwip*-hurled thunder-fire violently obliterating all that stands in our way!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2019, 11:45:52 am »

I dunno, it's not like we can safely flake thunder rocks to fashion a small-spearhead the way we can with ordinary rocks. Or even just give them convenient notches for lashing.

Last winter the tribespeople suggested clothing. We already have good sheets for lying down, let's try to innovate a way to hold them in place while we're standing upright.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2019, 01:14:17 pm »

I dunno, it's not like we can safely flake thunder rocks to fashion a small-spearhead the way we can with ordinary rocks. Or even just give them convenient notches for lashing.

Last winter the tribespeople suggested clothing. We already have good sheets for lying down, let's try to innovate a way to hold them in place while we're standing upright.
+1

Sure, +1... but don't forget our mat-weaving duties.
Also, I'm pretty sure the thing scaring our people is us. We did kinda explode a guy's head back there...
+1 to both. I think the reason the shamans Would rather work than teach us has something to do with how we reacted last time there was a disagreement

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2019, 01:25:25 pm »

We're not making specialized throwing spears-- we're just loading our existing rock-throwers with thunder-rocks instead of regular rocks! The same simple slings, but instead of paltry pebbles, we use them to throw bombs.

But do consider the weaving of proper clothing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2019, 01:42:47 pm »

We're not making specialized throwing spears-- we're just loading our existing rock-throwers with thunder-rocks instead of regular rocks! The same simple slings, but instead of paltry pebbles, we use them to throw bombs.

But do consider the weaving of proper clothing.
+1
We might also want to uh, "create" a backup heir incase us and Ealred die horribly during an experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22