Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: The History of a Tribe: Year 3 Summer (Turn 38): Glory, Controversy, Death  (Read 31229 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 1 Spring (Turn 10)
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2019, 08:06:20 am »

Lets climb up the mountain some and see if we can see where the noise came from.
+1 I've been wondering what our mountain top is like.
Take a Thwipper for field testing. Maybe we'll notice some aspects that could use refining.

+1 to both

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 1 Spring (Turn 12)
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2019, 04:22:21 am »

Lets climb up the mountain some and see if we can see where the noise came from.
(4)Looking to see where the noise came from and hoping to get a good amount of exploration in, you begin climbing higher than anyone before you. The journey is rocky and difficult, but you've soon travelled about twice as far as anyone else has travelled up the mountain. Throughout this journey you continuously look in the direction of the thunder sound, trying to see what happened, but you can't see anything. When you've travelled as far up as you're willing to go, probably about halfway up the mountain, you think you can see smoke in the distance. That is all you can see from that direction. Still, you've now also gotten a good look at the area surrounding the mountain. The forest seems to stretch out quite far before ending in a plain, while the river seems to continue beyond your sight. You're pretty sure you can see sand in the direction the river is flowing.
Take a Thwipper for field testing. Maybe we'll notice some aspects that could use refining.
(3)After returning to the cave-home you decide to test the Thwipper for a little while. From what you can tell it's pretty good as is - could be tied together a little better, but you're sure that's an issue that can be fixed with experience. Otherwise, you don't have much bad to say about it. It does the things it's supposed to do and it does them as well as they can be done, as far as you're concerned.

So, What are you going to do? It's been a few moons since the thunderous noise, and nothing else has happened since then. There are no issues of immediate importance.

Also sorry for forgetting to update the title for the last update, only just realised when changing the title for this post.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 04:27:02 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2019, 04:58:42 am »

Lets go cautiously explore around the river as it seems to be safe to do so.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2019, 08:36:18 am »

For this we would need to travel through the forest again, unless I read that wrong.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2019, 08:24:48 pm »

We're Brave and now we have a Thwipper too! We can totally take those forest guys on!

Except for the part where we never saw them coming.
Let's practice stealth and sneaking to figure out how they did that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2019, 01:11:08 am »

We're Brave and now we have a Thwipper too! We can totally take those forest guys on!

Except for the part where we never saw them coming.
+1 That's a better idea than just wandering around with them out there.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 1 Spring (Turn 13)
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2019, 05:12:45 am »

(2)You're pretty sure you have the basics of stealth down, but there is a bit of an issue. You are able to hide in shadows and stay out of someone's sight all you want, but none of that matters if you can still be heard. It's fairly easy to remain silent in a cave, but it's rather more difficult to do so in a forest, where sticks, rocks and plants all make noises when touched by a moving person. You're confident you can take the forest people on in an even fight, but you're also confident that they won't let you fight them in an even fight.

So What are you going to do? There are no issues of immediate importance. The moon has completed one more full turn.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2019, 07:02:45 am »

The sound of thunder, trembling of the earth, smoke on the horizon... do you know what this brings to mind? The shaman incident! Perhaps two really big thunder-rocks were forced together at the origin of the smoke?

Contemplating this eventually leads to another train of thought: the destruction of the shamans has left a mark upon the mountain; a crater surrounded by rocks that contained much fire inside, as they shone red and hot for many moons after the incident. But where did this fire come from? The thunder-rocks themselves, of course! Rage, light and destruction; such are the aspects of fire with which the thunder-rock spirits attack their foes. Moreover, the brilliant colouration of the rocks appears to fade gradually as the spirits expend their fire-within, just as a light-stick dims towards the end of its life.

Following this line of reasoning, perhaps one such tired spirit could be revitalised by an offering of fire to replace that which has been lost? Such a rite would surely allow us to express our gratitude towards these spirits, and thus smoothen and deepen our relationship with them.

Have the shamans prepare a sacred fire, and place the somewhat dim thunder-rock at its centre. Observe, leaving the stone in place until the flames die down.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:06:00 am by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2019, 08:31:25 am »

Following this line of reasoning, perhaps one such tired spirit could be revitalised by an offering of fire to replace that which has been lost? Such a rite would surely allow us to express our gratitude towards these spirits, and thus smoothen and deepen our relationship with them.

Have the shamans prepare a sacred fire, and place the somewhat dim thunder-rock at its centre. Observe, leaving the stone in place until the flames die down.

+1
The in character reasoning is too compelling to object.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2019, 08:36:25 am »

+1
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2019, 01:46:39 am »

+1
+1
+1

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The History of a Tribe: Year 1 Summer (Turn 14)
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2019, 03:41:59 am »

(4)The fire-light takes some time to build, as you need to create one large enough for the ritual you have planned and safe enough that the fire won't spread to the surrounding plants. You build it just outside the cave, on a flat area that only needed the plants already there to be cut back and removed for fibre or food uses. Soon enough you have a pyre as wide and tall as a fang-beast, host to a roaring fire-light very much suitable for your purposes. You are given the honour of placing the thunder rock at the centre of the fire and, for a moment, it seems as though nothing is going to happen.

Then the fire roars far above the normal height of such a fire, seemingly leaning away from the thunder-rock at it's centre! A horrendous crackling noise fills your ears as the fire bursts out in every direction away from the thunder-rock, almost scorching some of your shamans before they move away from the fire! Luckily you planned in advance, and the surrounding area is clear enough that nothing else begins to burn, but the crackling and height of the fire prove incredibly intimidating. You and your shamans watch in awe as the fire continues to rise, higher and higher into the sky, only to suddenly fizzle out as the entire fire simply... stops existing. After staring with some confusion at the pile of sticks where there was once a fire, you are the first to step forward and slowly reach for the rock, only to leap backwards as the finger you poke it with burns.

Eventually you try to pick it up again and, while it is uncomfortably warm to touch, you are at least able to pick it up. Though, you must say, it doesn't seem much brighter - if anything you're now pretty confident that it has been dimming. It's gone from being quite shiny when it was first discovered to having a bright glow, but it doesn't really shine as much as it used to. When you put it through the usual tests over the course of the next two moon-turns, you find that it's response to touch seems to actually be weaker than it was before the fire! You're pretty confident this means that the thunder-rock spirits and the fire-spirits don't like each other. Perhaps it is because they are both powerful, active forces which dislike being unable to deal with something? Your shamans confirm that fire spirits and rock-spirits have a natural dislike of each other, so you suppose that must be the case.

Spring has turned to summer as there have been two more moon-turns and the great spirits of prosperity have turned towards the great spirits of heat for guidance in fighting the ever growing power of the great spirits of cold. What are you going to do? There are no issues of immediate importance, but I would like to remind you that time will pass quicker in game if more of you post actions. Updates will also be larger if you do that, generally speaking.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2019, 05:43:51 am »

Lets redo a previous experiment and throw several light sticks down the hole and watch them to see where they go, but this time in the presence of several of our shamans.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2019, 08:50:35 am »

Lets redo a previous new experiment and throw several light sticks down the hole and watch them to see where they go, but this time in the presence of several of our shamans.
We don’t remember the “previous” experiment, +1 to the new experiment idea

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2019, 11:35:44 am »

Let's toss a blue rock tired to a fire stick down the hole. :)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22