Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Mod Project  (Read 879 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Community Mod Project
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:43:56 am »

A mod created by the community would be great (and a mess, but that's part of the fun).

Rules:
1. All new objects must be in separate files, unless they have a common theme (such as multiple types of guns and ammo for them)
2. All modified objects must be stated as such in the posts that introduce them
3. Don't add things that crash the game or are against forum rules
4. There is no real theme, just add whatever you want

I'll start:
Spoiler: Max's gun mod v0.1 (click to show/hide)
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mod Project
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:48:49 am »

Is this different than this community mod? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172147.0

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 09:00:15 am »

Is this different than this community mod? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=172147.0
Hm. Not sure, but this one might have a different "feel" to it once it grows, I suppose. Though I might lock this thread if people want me to.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:09:07 am »

I dont think that there is anything wrong with multiple community mods. You just might want to think of a way to make this different than that one and come up with some requirements/direction to make this mod unique. Up to you though.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 09:39:35 am »

Adding guns broke the game.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:03 am »

Adding guns broke the game.
What else did you expect from introducing modern firearms into a pre-gunpowder setting? Or do you mean "it crashes"? It doesn't crash for me.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 10:43:33 am »

Ignore him. DerMeister tends to go around and complain about other people's mods for petty reasons.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 11:50:19 am »

Hm. Not sure, but this one might have a different "feel" to it once it grows, I suppose. Though I might lock this thread if people want me to.

TehLOL Mod was made purely for "Fuck it, why not" reasons, adding nonsensical and hilarious things to it. You could totally do this one as a more serious Community Mod, less focused on adding things for hilarity purposes and more focused on adding things we all think are cool/useful.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897