Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39059 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2019, 03:20:16 am »

"Oh damn there's free dynamite, I'll just take that."
Just as he's grabbing the stick of dynamite he hears the screech of a government made monster.

"Aw damn, there's some kind of government made abomination in here, probably what killed these guys. Damn government making monsters to kill those who get to close to the truth, but I won't let it get me!"
Grab the dynamite and cigars, then go to the doorway and throw one of my grenades at the worm thing.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2019, 09:56:56 am »

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Wield my hatchet in one hand and my taser in the other. Taze and hack at the worm or the human like figures from darkness, whichever comes closer

Hotfire90

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2019, 12:22:59 pm »

Move to a position where I can see the worm, then command its body to stand still and not to move. Two rolls for focus and one for projection.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2019, 12:35:28 pm »

Arp clanks forward and attacks the worm with his axe.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2019, 04:44:55 pm »

Document from a safe distance and/or behind cover. Don't want to catch a stray bullet.

If anything tries to attack me, affect its mind to convince it to pick another target.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2019, 08:19:23 pm »

Spoiler: Crass (click to show/hide)

Back up with Sherry, drawing my handgun just in case.

"Why do I feel like I'm not going get paid nearly enough for this job..."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:54:36 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2019, 02:14:53 am »

Give a very large shout, but dive to the side of the doorway, ready to club anything that comes through.  Hopefully the worm thing (or anything else) will be dumb enough to do that.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Thag Grunts and stands next to the doorway, club raised. To his disappointment, nothing unfriendly makes itself immediately evident. He considers clubbing a teammate, just to get it out of his system, but thinks better of it.

Vaiae immediately grabs at the lighter.
"My, what a pretty picture!"
She almost jumps out of her bones at the shriek coming from the next room.
"Aah! What's that!? Come on, knight!"

Drop the lighter into my pack and run into the big room! Protect Nora; stand near her and slash anything that gets close!
While I'm moving, draw a burst of vitality into me, to use later.

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Vaiae tosses the lighter into her pack, then leaps into action, ready to protect her arachnid friend at all costs.

While moving, she uses her Lifeforce magic in an attempt to boost her vitality. (Internal 1, Projection 7)

Vaiae becomes very dizzy and lightheaded as her lifeforce levels throughout her body fluctuate wildly. She collapses in the middle of the hallway and has trouble getting back up on her feet. 

Frank had gotten up just in time to see the door open, and upon sighting the weird flesh-worm-thing, he let loose a shrill scream rivaling that of the creature. His immediate reaction is to draw his revolver and fire at the worm with reckless abandon, stopping only when out of ammo. Any teammates that passed between him and his target did so at their own peril.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

Frank stands in the entrance to the hallway and fires his revolver towards the worm (10). He plants his feet and fires off 6 precise shots followed by about a dozen empty clicks as he continues to pull the trigger. The rounds pierce directly through the mouth of the monster, leaving it's teeth mangled. The worm roars, spraying blood across the doorway.

"Movement detected. Investigating."

Get a better look at the people. If they're armed, order them to drop their weapons. Return fire if fired upon. If the worm attacks, shoot it, otherwise ignore it.

Spoiler: Ares (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)

The good news is they're not armed. The bad news is they aren't people, or at least not anymore. As the things approach, it becomes evident that they each resemble people, but they are also uniquely twisted and mangled. Some have massive claws, or a mouth filled with razor sharp teeth. Their mass seems to be overflowing their old bodies, as some have tentacles or additional legs, are are simply overweighed by amorphous growths. They look as if someone has added things to their bodies without regard to their original form or purpose.

They look very unfriendly, and lurch forward with surprising speed. You decide to engage (9+4=*9*). Ares sends one bullet sailing through the head off the closest creature, blowing the head clean off. However, the creature only stumbles a minute, then keeps moving forward. As it does so, Ares notice that an eyestalk emerge from it's newly vacant neck. Ares proceeds to put another round center of mass. The bullet creates a gush of blueish goo, and the creature drops dead without even a flinch.

"Oh damn there's free dynamite, I'll just take that."
Just as he's grabbing the stick of dynamite he hears the screech of a government made monster.

"Aw damn, there's some kind of government made abomination in here, probably what killed these guys. Damn government making monsters to kill those who get to close to the truth, but I won't let it get me!"
Grab the dynamite and cigars, then go to the doorway and throw one of my grenades at the worm thing.

Burt hastily gathers the cigars and dynamite. He then steps towards the door, and throws a grenade (3+1=4) The grenade sails clean past the creature and explodes with a booming echo, causing everyones ears to ring.

Spoiler: Nora the Spider (click to show/hide)
Wield my hatchet in one hand and my taser in the other. Taze and hack at the worm or the human like figures from darkness, whichever comes closer

Nora moves out into the room. As soon as she crosses the threshold, a tentacle lashes out from the worm. (3+1= 4 defense)(8+1=9 Melee) The tentacle smacks Nora directly in the center of the chest. As is does so, Nora feels a sting, as a blueing maggot-like thing tries to embed itself in her flesh.

Nora responds by hacking at the tentacle still stuck to her. Two swift chops sever the tentacle, but the maggot has managed to get under her exoskeleton.

Move to a position where I can see the worm, then command its body to stand still and not to move. Two rolls for focus and one for projection.

(5+1=6, 8+1=9 Focus)(9+1=*9*) Alice points her wand directly at the worm. She clears her mind, and envisions a sturdy holding spell. She then unleashes the spell forth. She struggles to gain dominance, but manages to maneuver the spell within the worm until she's seized control. She can't totally prevent it from moving, but she manages to make it sluggish and jittery.

Arp clanks forward and attacks the worm with his axe.

Spoiler: Arp (click to show/hide)

Arp plots forward. Reaching the worm, he makes a mighty cleave with his axe (6). The axe embeds deep into the worm. As Arp tries to pull it back out, he sees a twinge of blue mixed in with the sludge-like blood.

Document from a safe distance and/or behind cover. Don't want to catch a stray bullet.

If anything tries to attack me, affect its mind to convince it to pick another target.

Sherry takes many pictures. If she ever considered a career as a documentarian, these would make a great portfolio.

Back up with Sherry, drawing my handgun just in case.

"Why do I feel like I'm not going get paid nearly enough for this job..."

Crass steps back and draws his handgun. He looks over Sherry's shoulder, admiring her photographic skill.

(7) The worm lunges forward, sending a dozen writhing tendrils towards Frank, knocking Arp down in the process. The worm fights against it's magical restraint, but only manages to land it's head in the doorway, filling the hallway with snapping tendrils. Thag sees his opportunity, and lunges forth with a shriek. (7+4=*9*) His club lands smack down on the creature, leaving an indentation in the upper mouth. However, Thag is rewarded with a tendril wrapping around his club, and slowly snaking its way towards his hands.

It's mouth seems to be slowly reshaping itself, with new teeth emerging to replace the ruined ones.

The smaller creatures enter a frenzy, and swarm Arp (8). They savagely rip at his metal frame, bending and scratching his exterior. Arp can do little more than protect his optical lens from the onslaught.

One of the creatures breaks away from Arp and goes after Nora (10)(1 defense) It tackles her to the ground, and repeatedly embeds a bony leg inter her body, splintering her leathery hide. Nora passes out, barely clinging to life. The creature gets up and moves on towards the hallway, leaving Nora laying in a spreading puddle of ichor.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:43:01 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2019, 03:30:42 am »

Try to become conscious, if this is managed, try to find the blue maggot and take it out. While I attempt this, think about whether I’ve learned about any of these creatures; the blue maggot, the giant worm, or the tentacled humanoids in any biology classes in Underhive Academy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:15:50 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2019, 03:54:58 am »

"Aw fuck it missed, damn worm thing not wanting to die."
Then he sees the other monsters in the room.
"Oh shit this must be where the government dumps all their failed experiments, I'd record this with my camera if I hadn't dropped it in that puddle."

Get my shotgun ready to shoot anything hostile that gets close to where I am.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2019, 05:03:59 am »

"Oh dear. This is turning into quite the pickle."

Telepathy time:
1 Projection: Peek into their minds. Why are they doing this? Just to procreate?
2 Projection: Confuse the creatures. Fill their mind with fear. Make every shadow look like an enemy. Unless they use some sort of ESP, in which case mess with that.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2019, 05:24:43 am »

Yank on the club to stretch out the tendril as far as I can.  If I am winning the pulling contenst, stick the club between the door and the wall to hold the club in place, and pull on the door trying to keep the worm-thing's head stuck.  If the creature is winning the pull test, just let go of the club and let the tendril draw the club back to the monster's face.  After that, look through the pile of corpses for a suitable new club.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:32:27 am by Devastator »

Hotfire90

« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2019, 06:03:36 am »

Reinforce the spell, I don't want the worm and its tendrils moving at all. Two more focus rolls.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2019, 06:08:38 am »

Reinforce the spell, I don't want the worm and its tendrils moving at all. Two more focus rolls.
((I think you are looking for projection))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2019, 07:06:50 am »

Frank saw, with much distress, his new robot friend Arp getting swarmed. His initial panic is quickly overrun by rage at the concept of a machine being damaged. He charges towards Arp, screaming loudly and reloading his revolver as he runs. Once he gets to Arp he fires a bullet at each of the tendrils, careful to not damage his robot friend. He vaguely hopes that his hardsuit will keep him nice and safe from retaliatory attacks by the tentacles.

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2019, 07:57:48 am »

The Frosted Knight had sat there, atop their mount stiff as a corpse. When that creature had emerged, there were so many feelings that they hadn't felt, had little to no memory of. Anger..despair, Utter Terror...a feeling of doubt in themselves and their abilities and they'd sat their atop their mount till now. As their allies were swarmed, as people without even a weapon to fight these foes in close range charged to protect others.

A helmet was touched, cracked and frosted with a hand.

Two feeling's intermixed.

Shame and something warm, a heat in their frozen rigid body, a desire that had them gripping their mount tight, their other hand grasping onto their Glaive.

The Desire to Protect.

Their beetle reared back, a gruff sound leaving unbreathing lungs.

"Hpmh!"

Atop her icy blue beetle, the Frosted Knight charges alongside the brave Frank to assist the Robot! Pale eye's focus on the grand worm, she wills for shards of ice to appear from the ground and pierce its flesh! ((Going for projection!))

If possible drop a medkit nearby any injured allies!

((Sorry for the absence! Hopefully, I've come back in the nick of time!))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:52:53 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22