Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: One Day in Underville... :Cave Envy  (Read 39018 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: One Day in Underville...
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2019, 02:27:07 am »

Frank coughs nervously.

"He's either flirting with you in an interesting way, or declaring his intent to dock his USB cable into... errr... he uh..."

Frank trails off, apparently shy about such matters.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2019, 02:50:05 am »

"Oh. Is that so?" Sherry asked in a way one could not be certain about whether or not she was being sarcastic.
"Well, in that case, he could start by being a gentleman and offering this lady something. Like, say, his name." she said while smiling at Frank.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2019, 02:51:38 am »

The bird leans on her sword (still sheathed, very heavy) and takes a look at the assembled crew around her. So many different kinds of people! And... not-quite people. She suddenly feels quite glad to have spent the last of her budget on heavy armor, surrounded by so many unfamiliar faces. The likewise-unfamiliar bulk of the hardsuit at least provides some insulation from all that.

She takes particular notice of the gigantic, strangely still knight. Covered in frost?
"Hey, what are you? Some kinda tin can under that armor?"
Vaiae stands up straight and leans in close, putting her head right up against the frozen knight's visor, taking note of the cold dead eyes.
"Creepy..."

Spoiler: Vaiae (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2019, 02:55:09 am »

Frank was mildly confused. Did this weird lady think that he was talking about himself when he mentioned the caveman was attempting to flirt? He didn't honestly know how to react to this. He only managed an, "Um.", while pointing at Thag.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2019, 04:06:17 am »

The bird leans on her sword (still sheathed, very heavy) and takes a look at the assembled crew around her. So many different kinds of people! And... not-quite people. She suddenly feels quite glad to have spent the last of her budget on heavy armor, surrounded by so many unfamiliar faces. The likewise-unfamiliar bulk of the hardsuit at least provides some insulation from all that.

She takes particular notice of the gigantic, strangely still knight. Covered in frost?
"Hey, what are you? Some kinda tin can under that armor?"
Vaiae stands up straight and leans in close, putting her head right up against the frozen knight's visor, taking note of the cold dead eyes.
"Creepy..."

The Frozen Knight, the Frostbitten, women most likely, gave a faint uncomfortable sound.

A small awkward sound

"Ngh?"

Those pale, glazed over white eyes barely held pupil's, only visible this close, to one with worse vision? It'd probably appear like her eyes were white, like as if they were rolled up. A hint of perhaps frostbitten skin, some hints of white hair might be obvious as well, either way, the hand, the armored hand that was horrifically cold being both metal and covered in frost. Moved to grasp at the beings wing's, to softly push them back.

As the massive blue beetle in the van turns, it's mouth letting loose a sound. As it moves about in the faintly cramped van, to eye the crow warily. Perhaps just a protective instinct, a desire to protect its main source of food or perhaps some sort of strange bond either way? It moves with its icy blue carapace to assist, to push the crow back just a little. Her free hand gives its insectile head, the carapace a stroke, it seems to appreciate it. Hopefully the bird, by this point has moved back at least a tiny bit, but either way, the knight pulls out a journal and a pencil, beginning to write, before showing the page off to Vaiae.

I am a knight, as well as a preserved undead.
That is my beetle, it is blue and I ride it.
I do not speak often, I.

The frosted knight settles, a hint of awkwardness clear, hunched up, the faint hint of movement of eyes perhaps possible to be seen by the close bird. Her writing just settles at that I. No explanation, just a give up of an attempt to explain, perhaps simply they do not know why?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2019, 04:18:53 am »

Despite her interest, the bird is quite light even in armor and can't resist being pushed back a little.
She reluctantly takes the note from the knight's hand and examines it in detail.

"Huh, so you can understand talking, and you can write! Where'd you learn that? A lot of schools for hybr still don't even teach that? So you're pretty smart? I thought you might be like some of the machines at the factory, they never talk! Some of them are made from dead people like you too.
Wait, so you actually can talk, but you don't? Why's that? Do you get scared? Come on, try talking to me!"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2019, 04:48:09 am »

Despite her interest, the bird is quite light even in armor and can't resist being pushed back a little.
She reluctantly takes the note from the knight's hand and examines it in detail.

"Huh, so you can understand talking, and you can write! Where'd you learn that? A lot of schools for hybr still don't even teach that? So you're pretty smart? I thought you might be like some of the machines at the factory, they never talk! Some of them are made from dead people like you too.
Wait, so you actually can talk, but you don't? Why's that? Do you get scared? Come on, try talking to me!"

The woman gives a soft sputter, a soft sound. It's almost like a faint eep and the bird can certainly tell it's a woman now unless it's the most effeminate voiced man around. Fiddling rather awkwardly with the journal in their hand, they reach out for a moment for the paper, before drawing their hand back. A pencil being fumbled, an attempt at a twirl, as the yellow pencil drops to the floor.

Their head drops low.

They are clearly staring at it, a flicker of movement, a small sound of denial. Of, rejection of the idea of talking, of speaking to this..bird? She didn't know where she learned to write, how she knows how to use a sword. She doesn't really know, only has the words and promises of an order that she was likely a member. The Glaive she has is actually leaned against a wall of the van, looking old, frostbitten and rather enormous.

The bird could grab at their helmet as this giant has to slowly and clearly rigidly, uncomfortably bend down to grab the pencil. If their curiosity burned enough, maybe they could prod further, forcing them to try and speak by taking the helm if they truly wanted to hear them, to force a conversation.

As of right now, all they get is a low mumble echoing within a cracked frosty helm.

"Mmmhmm"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2019, 05:14:16 am »

The bird practically dives after the pencil, reflexively squatting down to snatch it from the ground before it even settles.
She brings this up to her eyes as well, alongside the scrap of paper.
"...Why d'ya think they paint these yellow? I think it's kind of ugly, actually. Natural wood looks way cooler!"[/magenta]

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2019, 05:32:48 am »

Gib special abilities plz
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:35:42 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2019, 05:34:53 am »

The bird practically dives after the pencil, reflexively squatting down to snatch it from the ground before it even settles.
She brings this up to her eyes as well, alongside the scrap of paper.
"...Why d'ya think they paint these yellow? I think it's kind of ugly, actually. Natural wood looks way cooler!"[/magenta]

Where?

It took them a few seconds before they fully realized it. The Frosted Knight was silent, slowly leaning back, to stand straighter. Towering in the van, likely almost hitting the ceiling in all honesty if not hitting it. It's clear she considers several things, their mind whirring and struggling and almost sputtering.

As it struggles, as the knight try's to find some reason for why they do not wish to speak. Her voice actually does come forth, it's creaky and cracked faintly deep.

Like as if someone was breathing in cold glacial air and their lungs were aching.

"I have more."

It's louder at least, something audible and not whispered. Though it's clear as she stiffens, that she's surprised.

"I...sound like that?"

She's uncomfortable as well, her hands awkwardly resting on her knees, the sound of their helmet rattling, she was doing something with her mouth or jostling the helmet or something!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2019, 06:39:39 am »

"Guess you do"
Vaiae offers the pencil back, blunt end first.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2019, 07:48:52 am »

Burt stood in the corner far away from everyone else looking over the group searching for anyone that might be a government spy, he knew someone in the group worked for the government but he wasn't sure who it was yet, it could be anyone, it could even be EVERYONE.

After a bit he finally decided to say something to keep the government spies from figuring out that he was on to their plots.
"Do we even need this many people to clear out some ruin?"

"Yeah that should keep them from suspecting him", he thought to himself as he went to the van.

"Holy shit where am I even supposed to sit in this thing?"
Go get in the really crowded van.
Spoiler: Burt (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2019, 08:58:34 am »

what is the purpose of moving your eyes like that? Wouldn’t it be better to just not mess with them? Let yourself see things? I never understand why so many creatures have eye coverings. It makes it difficult to see

Hotfire90

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2019, 09:15:39 am »

((Can my wand be used as a projection point?))

Alice decided not to introduce herself just yet, someone was bound to ask her why she was here. Unlike her fellow explorers she brought no visible weapons and while she did wear a ballistic vest, it was a last minute purchase just in case things went horribly wrong. Despite looking unprepared for the upcoming expedition, armed with her trusty wand and her magical talent she was more than ready for anything.

Sir Ozcar Pierre was an interesting person, a famous adventurer who had gotten a contract with the RO, and instead of adventuring himself he sent others to do it for him. This probably had to do with past injuries, both his eye and his hand were made out of crystal both of which were probably expensive prosthetics for a lost eye and a lost hand. Considering this, Alice had the idea to do a quick research on him and his adventures, his past adventures may give her an idea as to what she can expect and it never hurts to know more about your boss.

Get into the van and use my laptop to research Ozcar Pierre.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2019, 10:01:39 am »

"Guess you do"
Vaiae offers the pencil back, blunt end first.

Thankfully, the knight and their beloved pencil have been reunited.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22