Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: God Complex (god game, OCC 5/5)  (Read 2624 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Complex (god game, OCC 3/5)
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 03:25:26 pm »

Since there is a spot now, I would like it if that's okay.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »

added to the player list
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »

And the Entry post?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: God Complex (god game, OCC 5/5)
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 05:57:58 pm »

I noticed that here there are 5  players while the IC has 3 players. If players are allowed, I would like to join, otherwise please waitlist me for when a spot is open
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 07:25:01 pm »

I feel like I'm missing something. How is TricMagic able to make an Artifact for 1 Power when Tier 1 costs 2? Also, are artifacts more powerful as a first action? Gravity doesn't seem equivalent to underwater breathing, and I need to know so I can edit my action to just make a Whiskey Wellspring instead of a region.

Also, did I put too much detail into the region? I wasn't sure if anything I had in it would require more Power.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:26:42 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 07:41:18 pm »

there action gonna cost them two power, they are trying to craft a tier 4 and above artifact/natural wonder which would usually cost 30 to 40 power to make but instead they are trying to craft it to that level which there roll will have quite the negative on its modifier
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 07:44:14 pm »

Your region fine, i won't ask for more power for it since its quite simple

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 01:41:31 am »

I have a question: Can sentient races evolve on their own? Because right now no one has the power to uplift a species so we can't create mortals to worship us.
Also, now i have doubt about what "creating a region" means. I tought that they were small but self-sufficient masses of land, who already had air, gravity and everyting, just on a smaller scale. After all no mundane ecosystem could exist without such things. Tricmagic's action make me doubt that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 01:56:37 am by Leonardo8 »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2019, 01:58:42 am »

I have a question: Can sentient races evolve on their own? Because right now no one has the power to uplift a species so we can't create mortals to worship us.
Also, now i have doubt about wht "creating a region" means. I tought that they were small but self-sufficient masses of land, who already had air, gravity and everyting, just on a smaller scale. After all no mundane ecosystem could exist without such things. Tricmagic's action make me doubt that.
sadly unless you have a servant like crazyabe's one they cannot evolve sapience, however you can try to craft it for them or talk to them to see if you can force it, the results will be based on the roll of a d6. the region possess gravity and what ever else you wanted and the ecosystem would provide air and things, and tric's action is completely absurd and is most likely gonna back fire or at least fail

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2019, 02:22:55 am »

Also, now i have doubt about wht "creating a region" means. I tought that they were small but self-sufficient masses of land, who already had air, gravity and everyting, just on a smaller scale. After all no mundane ecosystem could exist without such things. Tricmagic's action make me doubt that.
sadly unless you have a servant like crazyabe's one they cannot evolve sapience, however you can try to craft it for them or talk to them to see if you can force it, the results will be based on the roll of a d6. the region possess gravity and what ever else you wanted and the ecosystem would provide air and things, and tric's action is completely absurd and is most likely gonna back fire or at least fail
Ok, so basically the power is a way to avoid the uncertainties of crafting and just brute-force the result into reality. Did i understand correctly?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 02:23:55 am »

Ok, so basically the power is a way to avoid the uncertainties of crafting and just brute-force the result into reality. Did i understand correctly?
Yep thats about right
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:26:33 am by darkwarlock3 »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 02:27:20 am »

Excellent. Would there be bonuses for cooperative crafting? If two gods try to craft the same thing, do we get a numeric bonus?

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 03:17:16 am »

Excellent. Would there be bonuses for cooperative crafting? If two gods try to craft the same thing, do we get a numeric bonus?
yes there is a bonus to helping another god with crafting, unless your working on the exact same thing together than no. and before anyone asks yes if an artifact is tailored to help with crafting than it can give you a bonus based on its tier

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 07:41:42 am »

Hmm. Oops.. Should be 2, not 1.
there action gonna cost them two power, they are trying to craft a tier 4 and above artifact/natural wonder which would usually cost 30 to 40 power to make but instead they are trying to craft it to that level which there roll will have quite the negative on its modifier

???

tier 1: mundane effects like breathing underwater for a limited time, adds 1d6 to combat, cost: 2 power

Mundane effects. Like creating a lot of air and gases. Not breaking the laws of reality. I'm trying to craft a planet with air as the base material. It will be a planet of air. Not filling everything in the void with air... A planet only costs 13 power, no 30-40... For crafting, having the base materials helps a bit.

when crafting it does have to have something to use as the material

Hence an artifact that creates a lot of air and gases, so I have something to craft with.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2019, 01:59:25 pm »

Hmm. Oops.. Should be 2, not 1.

???

tier 1: mundane effects like breathing underwater for a limited time, adds 1d6 to combat, cost: 2 power

Mundane effects. Like creating a lot of air and gases. Not breaking the laws of reality. I'm trying to craft a planet with air as the base material. It will be a planet of air. Not filling everything in the void with air... A planet only costs 13 power, no 30-40... For crafting, having the base materials helps a bit.

when crafting it does have to have something to use as the material

Hence an artifact that creates a lot of air and gases, so I have something to craft with.

the thing your trying to make would increase gravity and added air to a planet sized entity which isn't cheap regardless, a tier 1 artifact can't actually do something like this at all, which is why its still not an easy task, plus how it is worded it seems like your trying to cover the whole realm
Pages: 1 [2] 3