Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Order of the Sith (Multiplayer Management/Action)  (Read 8169 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Sith (Multiplayer Management/Action)
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 03:08:33 pm »

Exploit the planet below:

B. "Ask" for assistance. The price, should they not offer to do so out of the charity of their hearts or to be in our good graces since it might make the area safer for them if we were to establish a camp, being that we won't blow their barge out of the sky from space.

"Greetings. I am Master Titus Arellian. We would like your knowledge of this planets, its beasts and resources. I see no reason why your people and ours should come into conflict over this. Willingly sharing this information with us would be a grand step to an amicable relationship that I'm certain would help you prosper. Perhaps some of your most gifted might even be brought into our ranks. But make no mistake. If you refuse and instead wish for hostilities, we will end you and the rest upon this barge." Titus claps his hands together with a smile, an oddly dissonant action with the end of his speech. "Simple, yes? You scratch our back and we scratch yours. Or we can bombard your back, front, and the rest of you into oblivion from space."

Just so you know: if you do this then I, at least, will disavow you from any role of authority within our power structure, probably help the natives kill you if necessary, and definitely not help you blast these people into oblivion. We DO NOT work with coercion like that, not unless you'd like us to be hunted down by whoever owns/protects this system. Alternatively, coercing an unaligned system could cause them to ask for help from some other power (i.e., the Republic) as soon as we're not close enough to enforce our demands with an orbital bombardment.

Basically, think in practical terms. A reasonable bargain now makes these people friendlier towards us, coercion makes them hate us. Why start coercing them over something so pathetically easy to acquire rationally as INFORMATION? It's not even important information that they're likely to avoid sharing, go find the right person (probably a hunter/expeditionary type who knows the area) and maybe offer to pay for a drink or two and they'll undoubtedly share all the information you could ever want, without risk that comes with being hated.

Sadly I don't know what's going on down on the planet so I can't do anything in-character, but, you ought to know how my character would react to performing such an action, at least. Namely, "not well".
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2019, 09:29:29 pm »

The leader narrows her eyes slightly, but she nods. “I am sure we will be able to come to some arrangement, Master Arellian. I am Ilrena Nevosa, captain of the Laden Gale. We don’t want any trouble out of this, we will teach you what we know and stay out of your way in exchange for assurances that if you die down there we won’t pay the price.”

A: Accept: Will spend the rest of the week learning and preparing for a expedition into the forests below. They will also trade for resources at a fair rate.
   -Spend 1 Prestige/Wealth to acquire advanced gear and the services of a platoon of Hunters to act as your guides. Will increase favor with barge inhabitants and profit potential.
   -Intimidate them to acquire above benefits without the expense. Fear can be a powerful motivator in ensuring you make it back safely…
B. Decline their offer and negotiate your own terms (extortion payments, kidnap their force sensitives, something else) or just immediately go down to the surface of the Death World.

Ska Thar paced the edge of the wide dueling arena. It consisted of twelve raised daises upon which the sith would duel each other, either in practice or in deadly seriousness. Respecting the sorcerous nature of the Vanacari, dueling arenas could be separated by shields that would dampen force effects crossing them, allowing mostly self contained Force Duels.

For now the daises were filled with the clashes of the initiates. They had come from dozens of different academies, and so ranking fights were in order. Wielding practice sabers, of course. They couldn’t be trusted to not maim and kill each other by the dozen yet. Their real trials would come later.

A surge in power grabbed Ska Thar’s attention, and moved as the crowd of students gasped.A twi’lek initiate, face contorted in rage, kicked hard into his sparring partner’s knee, breaking it. As the boy cried out, the attacker flung out his arm and a wave of power knocked the saber away. The twi’lek swung his training lightsaber furiously into the head of his defenseless opponent on the ground, unable to defend himself as his body was pinned to the ground by the force. His knee was broken, and his face had begun to redden and bleed under the assault.

With a twist of his will Ska Thar lifted the twi’lek boy away before further damage could be done. He examined the wounded human on the ground. He would live, probably recover with no more than a twinge in his right knee. The medical droids staffing the arena ushered the boy away, as the initiates slowly returned to their practice fights.

An acolyte held the boy out in the otherwise empty hallway. The boy rippled with rage, clearly he had broken through his potential barrier.
“His name is Cren, came from the Ulipa academy. No remarks on his record, master Thar.”

Cren glared at the acolyte, “They didn’t care about me, they hardly tested me! They just lumped me with the dead-enders. And that boy out there thought I was weak and unskilled, and offered to tutor me!” He had a vicious smile by this point, “But I showed him, didn’t I?”

What does Ska Thar do?
A. Praise the boy for achieving his potential. He has shown the stuff of which Knights and Masters are made. With the right teaching, he could be a valuable addition to the order. Might encourage assaults like this, but perhaps that will cause more breakthroughs?

B.Discipline him. He broke several rules in going after a disabled opponent in a sparring match. You are trying to rebuild an order, you can’t have the new members nearly killing each other during practice fights. Might cause resentment if not dealt with.

C.Something else?

And Ska Thar has first dibs if he wants Cren’vota (full name) as his apprentice (if Cren is not repulsed by any potential discipline).
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2019, 01:59:30 am »

C: Test him The initiate is clearly skilled and eager for a challenge. If he wants a sparring partner, Ska will happily oblige for a no-holds barred fight. Should the initiate actually manage to survive, Ska takes him on as an apprentice.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2019, 02:25:25 am »

A: Accept and invest in the operation. "A fair price indeed, captain. We will be pleased to compensate you for your equipment and services. Now, then, tell us more about these dangerous beasts and treacherous plantlife. I have not slain anything in hours."

Spoiler: Ulaan (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2019, 02:54:14 am »

Exploit the planet below:

A: Accept and invest in the operation +1

"Your cooperation is refreshing, Captain, and will be noted. I truly look forward to working with the people of this barge. I'm sure great accomplishments lie in the future." Titus seemed pleased, and eager to learn more about this planet. His thoughts occasionally drifted to fantasies of the types of beasts he might collect on this planet.

Spoiler: Titus Arellian (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2019, 06:53:58 am »

Do any of the artifacts have life force in them? If so, give life force from them to the skull, if not, take small amounts of life force from everyone in the room so that no one is killed, but the life force is received. If this doesn’t give enough life force, figure out who has the most life force and can thus have some taken away without killing them

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »

Ska Thar stared at Cren for a moment, and drew his lightsaber, it’s blade a brilliant blue. Ska points are the acolyte in the hallway.

“Give the boy your lightsaber. Let him prove himself or die.”

The acolyte paled a bit, but unhooked his lightsaber and handed it to Cren, who stilled. His eyes fearful, he actives his blade.

“ Defend yourself,” And Ska Thar went on the attack, his lightsaber crashing down on to Cren’s hastily erected defense.

A few quick exchanges left Ska Thar disappointed. Cren clearly was not skilled with his blade, and his unfamiliarity with his quickened reactions showed. Cren desperately tried sending a wave a force to push him away, but Ska contemptuously brushed it aside, knocking the watching acolyte over. The initiate made a desperate lunge, and Ska took advantage of the opening, and with a sweep of his blade took the boy’s head from his shoulders.

The body slumped to the ground, and Ska Thar walked back to the dueling arena, passing the acolyte slowly getting to his feet.

“Get a droid to clean that up.”

Life Force

Unfortunately, only one other artifact has any life force, a man frozen in carbonite appearing like a tortured Sith warrior. To activate the Trust you will need to sacrifice Force Power, either from yourself, your disciples, or an unwilling victim. Minimum sacrifice has to be at least one Force Point.

Next will be results of intelligence gathering (I haven’t forgotten!) and finishing up this overall turn. In the meantime, if you have ideas for Order Traditions, I’ll give the coolest/best/ most thought out tradition will receive a bonus!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2019, 09:43:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Use 1 Force point to activate the Trust, releasing the life force from the carbonite man and giving it to the skull

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2019, 09:51:35 pm »

That Point, C2 clarified in Discord, would be PERMANENTLY lost.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2019, 09:57:18 pm »

Still going for it, a reduction to 4 max force points is a small price to pay for unknown dark magic

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2019, 09:58:17 pm »

Um...it might not be? Also maybe exercise more caution before feeding the ancient Dark Side entity, it'll still be there after we've gained enough power and experience to know what we're getting into.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2019, 10:00:51 pm »

Oh, right
Leave the room and try to find some books about the Dark Side

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2019, 10:19:08 pm »

Tradition:
Although the Vanacari is primarily a scholastic Order, their fascination with artifacts has led to a subculture of adventurous archaeologists among them, which typically holds the most confrontationally-minded of their ranks. Among this group - the Venturion, as they are sometimes known - tradition dictates that anyone going out on an expedition should bring with them coins of the local currency, and to exchange each taken item with a coin. It is believed that this started as a sort of way to “appease” the location the artifacts were stored in, though how long it has been in practice, or what the appeasement is meant to prevent, are both unknown at this time.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2019, 10:58:52 am »

Spoiler: Tellos Varren (click to show/hide)

Tellos looked at the skull with distaste. He didn't approve of an object thinking it had the right to judge anything accept it's wielder's strength. Still it held useful secrets. He searched his mind for all he knew of trusts from his studies of history and force arcana. Of particular importance was whether they truly needed sacrifices and what they could do with that power once they had it.

Tradition:
The Vanacari are somewhat unusual among the Sith orders for encouraging the development of the mind beyond mastery of the force and military tactics. To that end students are presented with riddles and puzzles designed to teach them to analyze a situation as a whole and come up with creative solutions. Initiates are also occasionally given challenges to overcome without using the force.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2019, 11:04:55 am »

Spoiler: Tellos Varren (click to show/hide)

Tellos looked at the skull with distaste. He didn't approve of an object thinking it had the right to judge anything accept it's wielder's strength. Still it held useful secrets. He searched his mind for all he knew of trusts from his studies of history and force arcana. Of particular importance was whether they truly needed sacrifices and what they could do with that power once they had it.

Tradition:
The Vanacari are somewhat unusual among the Sith orders for encouraging the development of the mind beyond mastery of the force and military tactics. To that end students are presented with riddles and puzzles designed to teach them to analyze a situation as a whole and come up with creative solutions. Initiates are also occasionally given challenges to overcome without using the force.
+1 to this tradition
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9