Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Order of the Sith (Multiplayer Management/Action)  (Read 8186 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Sith (Multiplayer Management/Action)
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2019, 01:44:40 pm »

It would be a good idea to get the Intelligence Center. Know what's going on to know how not to get killed by it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2019, 01:49:06 pm »

C

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2019, 02:05:47 pm »

Agreed. C.

I mean, if we can take out targets without needing a direct military confrontation or even anyone knowing it was us, and if we can accomplish what might take a hundred siths working in concert on a ritual instead with some good intel and skilled operatives, then more power to us.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:30 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Votes: CA, C

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »

1st Turn

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Three hundred Inductees stood at attention in the vast hanger of the Dread Mandate. They were the sons and daughters of Empire from a dozen different worlds, assembled here to join the Vanacari. Their bearings were proud, and their eyes filled with purpose.

At the front of the assembled cohorts stood the newly appointed masters of the Vanacari. They were a disparate group, ranging from the familiar form of the humans to the exotic alien species. Some were focused on the inductees in front of them, others wandered away once their interest was lost.

Master Harrow paced before the cohorts. He was an old member of the Vanacari, who met his potential long ago. He led the small acolyte group on board the Dread Mandate, and they would be on the front lines of training this new group.

“For 200 years the Vanacari have defended the knowledge and wisdom of the Sith, preserving it from the unworthy. A legacy of stored power, being passed onto you if you should prove worthy of it. The Vanacari have served the Emperors proudly as the archives of the deepest rituals, and many famed Warlocks have trained in these halls. Perhaps one day you will number among them”

“We will teach you to bend the Force to your very will, to grant you power that few others can imagine. This power is not without price. You have sacrificed much to get here. You will sacrifice yet even more before you are finished. At the end of this road, however, you will be Vanacari, the possessors of ancient and secret power, and those enemies that stand against you will feel fear."
"Welcome to your new home.”

The Inductees began to clap as the order’s acolytes guided and directed them into their 3 cohorts of 100, and took them to their rooms and mess halls.They would form the foundation of the Vanacari’s future, if they had potential enough.

The Dread Mandate lay in orbit over the world of Zarcath. It was a harsh planet, covered in a primeval forest whose ancient depths held monsters that had driven off any serious attempt at exploiting the planet. An icy moon also orbited the planet. Small communities survive on the planet in massive barges that float above the canopies, and trade rare resources scavenged from below.

This was one of the last bastions of their ancient order, hunted down but not yet broken. On the fringes of the empire they would find their opportunity. And one had recently appeared that has garnered interest.

Welcome to the Game! All characters up to now are accepted. Turns will be a bit free form starting out, we may come up with formalized actions later. For now, pick a problem or goal, it can be one of the problems listed above or your own, and figure out a plan to accomplish or solve it. Please feel free to discuss plans and goals with each other, and if you have any questions or need more details please ask. Plan will be for the turns to last about a week, with potential mini updates occurring. Timeline for in-game turn is probably also about a week. Everyone starts off with a shuttle, so don’t feel the need to be stuck on board the Dread Mandate.

INCLUDE YOUR CHARACTER SHEET AS A SPOILER IN YOUR ACTION POST. If your action is long, please include a sentence summary highlighting main points/goals. And don’t be afraid to ask for more detail or if you can do something!

Spoiler: Status of the Order (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2019, 09:34:19 pm »

Lisnyk will be setting up an expedition to the vaults, and trying to locate any maps and other information that may be available in the ship's records that could be of use for doing so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(I missed the “include your sheet” thing, sorry about that.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:05:36 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »

So, if Naturegirl is willing, I'm considering taking one group of Acolytes at a time into the Vaults to expose them to the temptation of various artifacts, see how they react, teach them to hone their wills against their temptations. Naturegirl's character has Dominate Mind, and thus can aid me in keeping a mental eye on the recruits and subduing any that get out of line via my telekinesis or her mind powers. This seems to be a good way to begin our training. Mastery of mind, mastery of self, mastery of the Force, after all.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2019, 11:37:10 pm »

Exploit the planet below:

Titus will get the crew to perform a scan of the planet from space to determine possible locations of valuable resources. He will then take a group of Acolytes to the surface to survey the area and set up, or at least start to set up, a small, defensible camp nearby. Contending with local wildlife during the survey should serve as valuable training for the survivors, and Titus would not pass up the opportunity to use his Enslave Beast Force ability to dominate a few stronger or unique specimens of encountered creatures for his menagerie and an extra layer of defense on the surface.

Spoiler: Titus Arellian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 12:17:50 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2019, 12:45:45 am »

So, if Naturegirl is willing, I'm considering taking one group of Acolytes at a time into the Vaults to expose them to the temptation of various artifacts, see how they react, teach them to hone their wills against their temptations. Naturegirl's character has Dominate Mind, and thus can aid me in keeping a mental eye on the recruits and subduing any that get out of line via my telekinesis or her mind powers. This seems to be a good way to begin our training. Mastery of mind, mastery of self, mastery of the Force, after all.
“Yes, I am willing to help”

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2019, 02:31:40 am »

Investigate the Political Situation of the Planet

Saying nothing to anyone, Yob Aval retreated to his room.  Eager to test his access to the intelligence center via his personal terminal, hack through the intelligence center to obtain biographic data of key players on the planet.  Establishing dossiers and patterns of life, perform the Force Shadow Ritual to observe locations and meetings of interest from the comfort of his private chambers.  Apply Enhanced Senses Mastery through the Force Shadow as needed.  Look specifically for blackmail material to be passed to a Sith envoy, or time-sensitive vulnerabilities that can be passed to a more tactically-oriented Sith if necessary.

Demand an inductee detail to leave all meals wordlessly at the chamber doorstep until further notice.  Yob Aval is never to be interrupted while "in the zone."

Character Sheet:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 03:19:09 am by ConscriptFive »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2019, 02:56:59 am »

Ulaan intends to exploit the planet below following Titus' lead, keeping an eye out for resources/laborers to acquire for the Order. If nothing else, Ulaan, perhaps not the stealthiest in the Order, will keep acolytes and extra hands in line and eagerly help scare/fight off any threats to the expedition (whether from within or without), e.g. useless/unenslavable beasts, lazy acolytes, witnesses not loyal to the Sith, locals zealously guarding resources, &c.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2019, 06:37:33 am »

Coming up with a plan to train inductees
With the amount of inductees to train, Ska leans on them harshly, with a brutal training regimen implemented. Live fire exercises are included as part of the training, but the inductees are giving prior warning about them. What they aren't given warning about, is Ska's personal testing. Whilst planned to be sparely doled out, said tests are directed at the more... arrogant and delinquent inductees. Those that survive, are considered successful acolytes (And are on the first ship away from the order because fuck having that sort around here. Those that don't succeed, are not worried about because they're dead. For the most part, Ska remains onboard the ship to act as a teacher for the inductees, keeping a sharp eye on them. 

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2019, 08:24:37 am »

(Where is Madman’s character sheet?)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2019, 09:09:24 am »

It's right here, along with my formal action.

Taricus, we're not doing idiotic live-fire training or abusing trainees in the ways you're planning on doing. Our entire thing is being SMART Sith, instead of "RAH EVIL BECAUSE WE'RE EVIL" Sith.

Along with Anna, I'm going to take groups of our new trainees into the various Vaults, especially the dangerous ones, to aid the others in cataloguing artifacts while also exposing trainees to the dangerous parts of the Dark Side. Anna's mind powers combined with my ability to mobilize any wayward trainees with Enhanced Telekinesis, plus the Force Coordination effects I can use, should allow all our trainees, over the course of a week, to be exposed to some extremely dangerous and tempting artifacts to develop their strength of will. Any artifacts, obviously, that tempt a trainee must be moved to a different Vault is safe, and all the Vaults will remain sealed (by Lisnyk's mechanical and electrical skill, I expect) and guarded by our more advanced and trustworthy trainees.

Spoiler: Mithren (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:48:16 am by Madman198237 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2019, 09:17:44 am »

It's right here, along with my formal action.

Taricus, we're not doing idiotic live-fire training or abusing trainees in the ways you're planning on doing. Our entire thing is being SMART Sith, instead of "RAH EVIL BECAUSE WE'RE EVIL" Sith.

Along with Anna, I'm going to take groups of our new trainees into the various Vaults, especially the dangerous ones. Anna's mind powers combined with my ability to mobilize any wayward trainees with Enhanced Telekinesis, plus the Force Coordination effects I can use, should allow all our trainees, over the course of a week, to be exposed to some extremely dangerous and tempting artifacts to develop their strength of will. Any artifacts, obviously, that tempt a trainee must be moved to a different Vault is safe, and all the Vaults will remain sealed (by Lisnyk's mechanical and electrical skill, I expect) and guarded by our more advanced and trustworthy trainees.

Spoiler: Mithren (click to show/hide)
Go with Mithras to help
Spoiler: Anna (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9